You have obviously never held a leap.
    Give it a try punk and then feel free to open your gd mouth.
    Cheap?
    Try holding an iphone C or some Lumia budget piece.
    Then you will truly know what cheap is.
    If anything the Leap looks BY FAR much better than the z30 aesthetically.

Posted via CB10
    I am in Europe so leap is here and I tried leap but no- I am waiting for a Z50!

Posted via Q10Bold
    05-11-15 03:24 PM

Posted via Q10Bold
    Me too!!
    05-11-15 10:25 PM

Posted via Q10Bold
    Z50? Is there such a phone in the works?

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    05-12-15 01:40 AM
    Z50? Is there such a phone in the works?

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Seems a lot of people, myself included, are hopeful that there will be.
    05-12-15 09:54 PM
    Seems a lot of people, myself included, are hopeful that there will be.
    I would guess that's still quite far off, likely well into 2016. I suggest this because the slider's not going to appear until early 2016.
    05-13-15 11:19 AM

(USD)
    At 275 vs 230 (45 difference)..
    If you have a company with 10 people, that's 2750 +tax vs 2300+tax. The leap is a 19% increase in price over the z30

10 leaps/2750 vs 12 z30/2760
    10 z30/2300 vs 8 leaps/2200

The only person that wins when people but a leap.. is BlackBerry. Am I wrong?
    If you were a salesperson, which phone should I buy? Z30 cost less for more, leap cost more for less.
    Isn't the only question "do you like burning money?"

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    Great maths, but you also aware that this is a consumer price and not a business price? Business get different rates for it.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    05-14-15 07:06 PM
    Never forget the apple runs on quit low specs, which means that the gold lies in the operating system. Apple have done very well I. This regard, although my I pad air with 1 gb of ram could now with 2, you can feel it in some performance and apps.. but nothing drastic.

Similarly, bb10 is optimised for the leap and it's specs, whether they are considered high or low. To those saying it rubbish, I disagree... It's all about how blackberry integrated it. It's hunters smooth, so performance isn't really affected!

If you don't like the look or feel, of course that is your opinion

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 05:33 AM
    I have a z30 on the t mobile network and it runs great, lte all the time.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 08:15 AM
    remember, the z30 has the paratek antenna technology, the leap doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 08:19 AM
    Do you actually have a Leap? I have had a few Z30's when I was on Verizon here in the US. The Z30 is a great phone but it is far from perfect as some people like to claim it is.
    The Leap is a well built and nice phone. It feels solid and works great. Is it better than the Z30? That depends. In the US, the unlocked Z30 from shop BlackBerry is almost useless if you want fast data speeds and good LTE coverage. The Z30 is missing AT&T's MAIN LTE band (17). The Z30 is also missing AT&T's popular band 2 LTE which T-Mobile is also heavily using to improve their coverage all across the US. So to sum it up, The Z30 is almost useless in the US for good LTE coverage on T-Mobile and AT&T. The leap has FAR better LTE coverage than the Z30. The Z30 also uses an AMOLED screen. The Leap uses an LCD which is better. So when it came time for me to buy another all touch BlackBerry to use on T-Mobile or AT&T, there was no question in my mind that the Leap was the better choice.
    I get great LTE coverage in San Diego on T-Mobile using my Z30 STA100-5. Sometime 60 mpbs down. Your point about LTE on AT&T, however. Is correct.

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.1.2744
    05-16-15 11:30 AM
    I get great LTE coverage in San Diego on T-Mobile using my Z30 STA100-5. Sometime 60 mpbs down. Your point about LTE on AT&T, however. Is correct.

T-Mobile is in the middle of a big LTE upgrade nationwide. Major city's that were already covered in LTE use band 4 which is the main T-Mobile LTE band. Right now most of the upgrades to LTE in rural areas and areas with no coverage are upgraded by T-mobile using band 2 LTE which the Z30 does not have. So if you consider the fact that there is almost no AT&T LTE coverage with the Z30 and that all upgrades in process right now for T-mobile are going to band 2 (again which the Z30 does not have), I cannot see the reasoning in buying a Z30. That's why I went with the Leap but returned it because of the horrible speaker. So it's back to my Z10 and a Q5 which I am testing.
    05-16-15 11:58 AM
    T-Mobile is in the middle of a big LTE upgrade nationwide. Major city's that were already covered in LTE use band 4 which is the main T-Mobile LTE band. Right now most of the upgrades to LTE in rural areas and areas with no coverage are upgraded by T-mobile using band 2 LTE which the Z30 does not have. So if you consider the fact that there is almost no AT&T LTE coverage with the Z30 and that all upgrades in process right now for T-mobile are going to band 2 (again which the Z30 does not have), I cannot see the reasoning in buying a Z30. That's why I went with the Leap but returned it because of the horrible speaker. So it's back to my Z10 and a Q5 which I am testing.
    Does T-mobile really utilize Band 4 LTE? Where I live, Chicagoland, Band 4 LTE is strong, which made it possible for my Verizon Z30 work with AT&T with the AT&T SIM card. Yes, the Leap covers all LTE bands, but one who lives in a Band 4 LTE coverage area should not rule out the value of a Z30.
    05-16-15 12:28 PM
    Your reply is great for people who want to use T-Mobile in rural areas or band 2 deployment areas. But the vast majority of T-Mobile's LTE deployment is band 4. Especially in major cities.

05-16-15 09:49 PM
    Your reply is great for people who want to use T-Mobile in rural areas or band 2 deployment areas. But the vast majority of T-Mobile's LTE deployment is band 4. Especially in major cities.

O.K., So I guess your logic is that if I want a Z30 on T-Mobile, I can't leave urban areas. Really? Look into it if you have to. All the rural areas are being upgraded straight to LTE using Band 2 and band 12. Band 2 is really starting to be used heavily. Band 12 is not so popular yet because of TV stations on Channel 51, but is going to be more popular as time goes forward.
    The Z30 is no longer a good investment for AT&T and T-mobile. Why do you think the Blackberry online store can't sell them out. People in the know are not buying them.
    05-17-15 10:40 AM
    O.K., So I guess your logic is that if I want a Z30 on T-Mobile, I can't leave urban areas. Really? Look into it if you have to. All the rural areas are being upgraded straight to LTE using Band 2 and band 12. Band 2 is really starting to be used heavily. Band 12 is not so popular yet because of TV stations on Channel 51, but is going to be more popular as time goes forward.
    The Z30 is no longer a good investment for AT&T and T-mobile. Why do you think the Blackberry online store can't sell them out. People in the know are not buying them.
    I think its diminished appeal may also have to do with the fact that it's perceived as an "old phone" now, released about 1.5 years go, when we live in a society that covets the latest (even if it's not the greatest).
    05-17-15 01:04 PM
    I think its diminished appeal may also have to do with the fact that it's perceived as an "old phone" now, released about 1.5 years go, when we live in a society that covets the latest (even if it's not the greatest).
    Be careful. You may find yourself labeled as not being "in the know".

05-17-15 01:12 PM
    Be careful. You may find yourself labeled as not being "in the know".

I know! (haha).
    05-17-15 03:07 PM
    HaHa
    05-17-15 09:08 PM
    I think the Z30 is an awesome phone, don't get me wrong. All I'm saying is that due to it's lack of LTE bands it is not a good choice as a T-Mobile or AT&T phone. The Verizon Z30 is awesome and has the correct bands for LTE and XLTE (if you like Verizon).
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-17-15 09:14 PM
    I think the Z30 is an awesome phone, don't get me wrong. All I'm saying is that due to it's lack of LTE bands it is not a good choice as a T-Mobile or AT&T phone. The Verizon Z30 is awesome and has the correct bands for LTE and XLTE (if you like Verizon).
    In your area. In all of southern California, the Z30 is great on t-mobile. The majority of the population of the US doesn't live in rural areas. If you overlaid a US map with population density you would find it looks a lot like t-mobile's LTE distribution. That isn't a coincidence. You are one of those people that appears nearly intelligent. Not quite. But nearly.

05-18-15 09:51 PM
    In your area. In all of southern California, the Z30 is great on t-mobile. The majority of the population of the US doesn't live in rural areas. If you overlaid a US map with population density you would find it looks a lot like t-mobile's LTE distribution. That isn't a coincidence. You are one of those people that appears nearly intelligent. Not quite. But nearly.

Thanks. You're nearly intelligent too. Again, Just do yourself a favor and do a little research into what T-Mobile is doing with their LTE network right now and through the end of 2015. Buying a phone with no band 2 LTE right now is not a smart thing to do if you want to use it on T-Mobile. I won't even get started about how bad a decision it would be to buy a Z30 for use on AT&T.
    05-18-15 09:57 PM
    Never forget the apple runs on quit low specs, which means that the gold lies in the operating system. Apple have done very well I. This regard, although my I pad air with 1 gb of ram could now with 2, you can feel it in some performance and apps.. but nothing drastic.

Similarly, bb10 is optimised for the leap and it's specs, whether they are considered high or low. To those saying it rubbish, I disagree... It's all about how blackberry integrated it. It's hunters smooth, so performance isn't really affected!

If you don't like the look or feel, of course that is your opinion

Posted via CB10
    So this theory interests me. Are we sure 10.3.x has the same level of efficiency on the Leap as ios/apple?

After all, apple's ios was built around their proprietary processor no?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 11:54 PM
    never know when anybody has to go into a rural area. so it's better to have all options you can.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 11:00 AM
    So this theory interests me. Are we sure 10.3.x has the same level of efficiency on the Leap as ios/apple?

After all, apple's ios was built around their proprietary processor no?

Posted via CB10
    Without a doubt, BlackBerry is no where near as good as Apple when it comes to mixing software with hardware.

To be frank, I don't think they will ever be on the same level simply because they are missing one key element. Chip manufacturing. They have to rely on Snapdragon or other chips and make their OS fit that as best as possible.

But make no mistake, BlackBerry have really done an amazing amazing job in 3 years. Coming from a band spanking new OS. Apple has had many many more years to make everything smooth.

I don't think we should compare apples to Blackberries :P

Rather focus on the progress each has made

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    lift likes this.
    05-23-15 11:12 AM
    Z 30 is good the leap is better

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 04:18 AM
106 12345