Hey,
    I just got a new leap from amazon for my gf. The backside speaker is crackling at notifications with max volume :-(
    Are your speakers clear at full volume for notifications?
    Thanks!

Sent from BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 05:25 PM
    Turn it down a bit, does it do it for all the different notifications or just that one, and if so return for replacement.
    08-11-15 06:14 PM
    Hey,
    I just got a new leap from amazon for my gf. The backside speaker is crackling at notifications with max volume :-(
    Are your speakers clear at full volume for notifications?
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Mine has done that since day one. The rear speaker is the biggest weakness on this phone. I believe it's a chronic issue with most Leaps.

I never have the volume and notifications max. Always about 80%

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-11-15 08:30 PM
    Same thing with my leap

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 11:52 PM
    I think it's just that they cost cuts with the Leap..

Posted via CB10

Leap has excellent hardware and a great OS. I just wish it would have caught on.
    08-12-15 01:32 AM
    Thank you guys...
    I think I replace it one time and hope the new one is better! I can't hear this noise, it's like the speaker has a 'cut' or something...

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 02:56 AM
    My leap does the same thing even at 70% volume, it's a mid tier device. They definitely cut corners on the speakers that's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gus; 08-19-15 at 06:14 PM.
    08-12-15 03:14 PM
    My leap does the same thing even at 70% volume, it's a mid tier device. They definitely cut corners on the speakers that's for sure. I am not too happy about it.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Bothered the heck out of me at first. Then to lower the volume we use those buttons that provide so little feedback that I almost always have the settings open to change the volume with the on-screen controls.

Annoying, but I've accepted it for what it is.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-12-15 05:13 PM
    Yep. Bothered the heck out of me at first. Then to lower the volume we use those buttons that provide so little feedback that I almost always have the settings open to change the volume with the on-screen controls.

Annoying, but I've accepted it for what it is.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the buttons are brutal too. My speaker crackles when watching videos on high volume too. For my notifications I have it a little bit over the mid point it's fine if you don't crank it up too much.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gus; 08-19-15 at 06:15 PM.
    brunoxrs likes this.
    08-12-15 07:09 PM
    Never had any issues with my speaker. I agree that placing it on the back of the device was perhaps not the wisest design decision...and in retrospect they should have stuck with the same placement as the Z10 or Z30.

But the sound quality, at least for me, in nowhere near as awful as some postings seem to indicate.

This isn't a Bose speaker. If you expect that type of sound quality on the Leap , then yes you will be disappointed.

For what this device is, it is pretty decent.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Last edited by adonesc; 08-12-15 at 09:19 PM.
    08-12-15 08:35 PM
    The only thing I don't like about the Leap is the rear speaker. It does crackle and rattle. I don't seem to have the mushy volume buttons that some seem to have. The power and volume buttons on mine seem to give good feedback and are not mushy at all.
    Crappy speaker aside, the Leap is really well built and works great.
    08-12-15 10:24 PM
    Got a new one today, and it's exactly like before... so we need to live with this :-(

Sent from BlackBerry Passport via CB10.
    awindsr likes this.
    08-13-15 01:33 PM
    Got a new one today, and it's exactly like before... so we need to live with this :-(

To turn a profit on a $400 device taxes included they had to cut corners somewhere. I wish it just wasn't the speaker. I could have lived with a lower quality screen.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 02:48 PM
    To turn a profit on a $400 device taxes included they had to cut corners somewhere. I wish it just wasn't the speaker. I could have lived with a lower quality screen.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah... I can't believe they don't get tons of problems cause to this speaker. I was SURE it was defective!

08-13-15 02:53 PM
    Yeah... I can't believe they don't get tons of problems cause to this speaker. I was SURE it was defective!

The speaker is worse than my old Blackberrys and iPhone 4. Maybe it's a recycled junk speaker.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 03:05 PM
    I use speakerphone a lot and the rear speaker really makes it an unpleasant experience. Music isn't so bad for some reason. Just speakerphone and ring tones really seem to sound terrible. I've learned to live with it but i certainly don't like it.
    08-13-15 09:46 PM
    It's just embarrassing this kind of speaker to put in the phone.I couldn't accept the sound of it.Even the very low end phones has better speaker.I did try Lumia 640 139€ in Germany (Leap up from 250€) and Lumia has much better speaker and and and.I have now again z10 just battery is the big minus , I don't understand how can you make flagship phone which was that tome at high sky price and put such a low capacity battery....? I think they've been high on something when they design z10.
    BB have so much potential but they make always the same mistakes.
    I use speakerphone a lot and the rear speaker really makes it an unpleasant experience. Music isn't so bad for some reason. Just speakerphone and ring tones really seem to sound terrible. I've learned to live with it but i certainly don't like it.
    08-14-15 01:22 AM
    Is it a problem with the white also? and is there a replacement?
    08-14-15 11:46 AM
    Is it a problem with the white also? and is there a replacement?
    Yes, both white ones in my case... don't know about a replacement. Turned the volume down to 50% and it seems Ok. Like mentioned before, music and stuff is okay but the most notifications are bad for some reason.

08-15-15 02:23 AM
    Hey there!! BlackBerry is now not taking the customers seriously even not its loyal customers.
    1) the speaker of BlackBerry Leap crackle a lot. I have noticed it as i use my leap for the first time.
    2) the mobile lags slightly. Its not more than one month i am using BlackBerry leap i am facing problems with the processor. It hurts a lot. My money is wasted. Within this price range i can get better configuration but i am a BlackBerry addict that's why i invested on Leap but now i am very disappointed.
    3) camera is good but not as expected in this price ranbir. Is BlackBerry wants to do business only on the basis of fake reviews on few websites. Seriously i am very disappointed with the quality of the mobile.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 06:36 AM
    Why buying a phone that you can't hear when it rings?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 10:26 AM
    Why buying a phone that you can't hear when it rings?

Posted via CB10
    Of course you can hear when it rings. As a matter of fact the Leaps speaker has the ability to be VERY loud. The problem is that when you try to turn the volume up too high it causes the speaker to crackle and rattle like crazy. Especially on notification sounds.
    Obviously you don't own a Leap.
    08-19-15 10:34 AM
    Just got my leap in the mail today. The issue with the speaker doesn't seem very bad. Maybe time will tell

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 03:38 PM
    Is there a YouTube video of the speaker crackling?
    08-25-15 06:09 PM
    Tried it full blast, no crackle or resonance.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    08-27-15 03:06 AM
26 12