The only complaint I have with the BlackBerry Leap is the volume of the sound coming from the phone ear piece. I have to hold the phone pressed tight to my ear to hear them talk quite often. Some are better than others. Very frustrating. I can take it to Rogers dealer and have it sent out for repair but being without for up to 2 weeks is hard to deal with as I use for work. Aside from that, I find it awesome.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:11 PM
    Lots of threads on this topic, I wouldn't sent it to Rogers. You'll get it back no fault found

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 10:15 PM
    If the earpiece sound is low, are you sure you tried to turn up the volume while on a call? If it is in fact really low, then I would exchange it. I think what the other poster was talking about is the external speaker (on the back of the phone). That one goes loud but has problems with rattle and crackling when too loud.
    Otherwise, great phone.
    09-19-15 10:54 PM
    The Leap lol. Those fools at blackberry really should of scrapped that phone and called the Venice android blackberry the Leap.
    09-20-15 11:01 AM
    The Leap lol. Those fools at blackberry really should of scrapped that phone and called the Venice android blackberry the Leap.
    Stop dumping on the Leap. We all know you don't like it, some of us do like it.
    Bob Brown7 likes this.
    09-20-15 11:40 AM
    Its just how the phone is. The speakers on it are terrible.
    09-20-15 12:11 PM
    I sent out Leap through Rogers, got loaner with $50. Deposit,they said 10 business days is the goal, it came back in exactly 10 business days..all was good

Posted by BB10 OS...The World's Best OS!
    12-18-15 09:06 AM
    I have been using leap since 4 months but no problem so far in fact the headset speaker is better than many phones around. Maybe the piece is defective that has sound problem.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 08:56 PM
    In fact the speaker came back better than when it was first purchased....

12-18-15 09:12 PM
    I sent out Leap through Rogers, got loaner with $50. Deposit,they said 10 business days is the goal, it came back in exactly 10 business days..all was good

What kind of loaner phone?

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    02-06-16 04:37 PM
    The only complaint I have with the BlackBerry Leap is the volume of the sound coming from the phone ear piece. I have to hold the phone pressed tight to my ear to hear them talk quite often. Some are better than others. Very frustrating. I can take it to Rogers dealer and have it sent out for repair but being without for up to 2 weeks is hard to deal with as I use for work. Aside from that, I find it awesome.

Posted via CB10
    The Leap is know for having possible issues with its speakers. Particularly with "crackling" and "low volume" . This is normally due to a hardware issue.

Some have retuned their Leaps for a replacement version and sometimes it helps while other times they get the same issue.

Unfortunately not all phones are perfect but a Earpiece speaker is basic things that should have been done right. I've obviously been quite lucky since mine works fine.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    02-07-16 11:46 AM
    The loaner was a very basic, crap quality LG. Only really good for calls. It was something anyway. I think it came out a couple years ago

02-07-16 02:47 PM
    The loaner was a very basic, crap quality LG. Only really good for calls. It was something anyway. I think it came out a couple years ago

And thats the reason I'm inclined to just use my device protection and have them send me one before they get this one back...

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 04:43 PM