Calling out all the leap owners. I am thinking about ditching my Z30 for a leap. I know I know, Z30 is superior in specs but on the contrary, they both are almost the same. I don't want to make the switch because I pretty much don't have a choice. Because my Z30 is getting buggier and won't fix any bugs. Having a lot of issues with that. I've tried it all wiping device and doing all that. Starting clean, etc.
    I can afford a Priv too but if it had BB10 on it I would've ordered mine without any hesitation. I honestly HATE android. Laggy piece of Sh*t. -.-
    I'm an IOS and BB10 guy. BB10 is still my no.1 priority.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 02:15 PM
    Calling out all the leap owners. I am thinking about ditching my Z30 for a leap. I know I know, Z30 is superior in specs but on the contrary, they both are almost the same. I don't want to make the switch because I pretty much don't have a choice. Because my Z30 is getting buggier and won't fix any bugs. Having a lot of issues with that. I've tried it all wiping device and doing all that. Starting clean, etc.
    I can afford a Priv too but if it had BB10 on it I would've ordered mine without any hesitation. I honestly HATE android. Laggy piece of Sh*t. -.-
    I'm an IOS and BB10 guy. BB10 is still my no.1 priority.

Posted via CB10
    You have hardware bugs or software bugs?

As for hardware... the Z30 is Superior.

1.7 "PRO" vs 1.5 "Plus" Processor
    320 vs 225 GPU
    HDMI port
    And much better screen tech

What you really need is anyone that has migrated from the Z30 to the LEAP.....
    But from what I've seen those that have used both, prefer the Z30.
    11-20-15 03:16 PM
    I had the Z30, now using Passport but I have the Leap for business. So comparing the Z30 to the Leap, I prefer the Leap. I like the screen better, form factor and the back. Battery life is also great. Not a heavy user so the difference in processor isn't that noticeable to me. But the Z30 is faster that is a fact.
    But it is all personal of course

Posted via BlackBerry Passport ‎
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    11-20-15 05:37 PM
    I just left Verizon and my Z30 for a Leap. Caught that 10% off Sale last month and for $179, I couldn't resist. After having (and loving) the Z30 for over a year, I don't see much difference in the Leap. The Z30 may feel a little more "luxury" but pretty much the same experience in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 06:52 PM
    I started with a Z10 and was looking to upgrade to a Z30, but ultimately decided on the Leap because of two things :

1. Can't buy a new Z30; I wanted a warranty.
    2. LTE on AT&T. Leap is superior in this area.

For $180 with the 10% off promo code, this is a heck of a nice phone!
    11-20-15 10:53 PM

320 vs 225 GPU
    HDMI port

Oh dang! I know it is a downgrade if I switch.
    No its a software bug. It's there since I got the 10.3 leaks. Going back to 10.2.1 no problem at all. Flawless. Now we can't go back because of the anti theft feature. Here's the link to the thread where I described all my issues with BlackBerry 10.3.2 :/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1048585

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 12:33 AM
    I had the Z30, now using Passport but I have the Leap for business. So comparing the Z30 to the Leap, I prefer the Leap. I like the screen better, form factor and the back. Battery life is also great. Not a heavy user so the difference in processor isn't that noticeable to me. But the Z30 is faster that is a fact.
    But it is all personal of course

Posted via BlackBerry Passport ‎
    Hmmm...Just a slight difference so wouldn't matter right? Yeah it's all personal for a person's satisfaction.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 12:36 AM
    I just left Verizon and my Z30 for a Leap. Caught that 10% off Sale last month and for $179, I couldn't resist. After having (and loving) the Z30 for over a year, I don't see much difference in the Leap. The Z30 may feel a little more "luxury" but pretty much the same experience in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. That was really convincing.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 12:38 AM
    Things I like about the Leap:

+ Bright & Clear Screen, even in direct sunlight.
    + Grips Easily
    + Nice bezels (makes it easy to hold when watching videos in landscape)

Things I would improve on:

- Battery Life (It lasts me the full day, but a 3,000mAh would have been appreciated)

- Rear speaker (While it sounds better than my Q5, when comparing it to the Passport or Z30 it's not as good)

Otherwise, all round, I love my Leap. It's been a really nice upgrade from my Q5 and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. (Maybe a Priv) lol

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 09:39 AM
    Things I like about the Leap:

+ Bright & Clear Screen, even in direct sunlight.
    + Grips Easily
    + Nice bezels (makes it easy to hold when watching videos in landscape)

Things I would improve on:

- Battery Life (It lasts me the full day, but a 3,000mAh would have been appreciated)

- Rear speaker (While it sounds better than my Q5, when comparing it to the Passport or Z30 it's not as good)

Otherwise, all round, I love my Leap. It's been a really nice upgrade from my Q5 and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. (Maybe a Priv) lol

Posted via CB10
    Hehe. Thanks Brotha! Cheers

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 12:03 PM
    Oh dang! I know it is a downgrade if I switch.
    No its a software bug. It's there since I got the 10.3 leaks. Going back to 10.2.1 no problem at all. Flawless. Now we can't go back because of the anti theft feature. Here's the link to the thread where I described all my issues with BlackBerry 10.3.2 :/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1048585

Posted via CB10
    We did the same thing too with my son's Z10. It was really buggy and Tmobile was not supporting any updates anymore. Got the Leap for him and he is loving it. Night and day. And it is from ShopBlackberry so I am not dependent on the carrier for software updates anymore. It is a really nice phone for such a low price. Gorgeous too.

Posted via Classic
    11-29-15 01:59 PM
    I have used both...my friends have both phones. And to be real frank, I like Leap more than z30. I personally feel leap looks better than z30. And about speed..i really dint feel any difference. I dont know about starting and loading speed of OS, but while using all things inside OS felt same to me.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2789
    11-29-15 02:33 PM
    My thoughts on the Leap (a very underrated phone I think)

• Good size
    • Good quality
    • Good performance
    • Good battery life
    • Good price
    11-30-15 11:29 AM
    I like it a lot, but I came from a Z10.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-30-15 03:41 PM
    Battery life is spectacular. Once I deleted a bunch of Android Apps.

It used to last me a full day, but now I'm bordering two days of moderate use. Navigation for work, some sports apps, Web browsing...

Sometimes I notice a bit of lag, but can't fault the phone otherwise. I love it.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 08:53 AM

320 vs 225 GPU
    HDMI port

Software bugs. Don't seem to find a solution

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 08:26 AM
    Software bugs. Don't seem to find a solution

Posted via CB10
    Problem is, the Leap uses the identical software - both OS and radio.

It is possible your Z30 hardware was to blame for your troubles.

With the Leap you get a lot more LTE bands, and a brighter screen.

Unfortunately, you give up a bit of gaming speed (because of the GPU), and you lose HDMI-out, USB OTG, and NFC.
    12-04-15 09:28 AM
    If finances aren't too much of an issue, get the Passport instead. Cheaper than the Priv, and world's better than the Leap.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 09:37 AM
    Problem is, the Leap uses the identical software - both OS and radio.

It is possible your Z30 hardware was to blame for your troubles.

With the Leap you get a lot more LTE bands, and a brighter screen.

Unfortunately, you give up a bit of gaming speed (because of the GPU), and you lose HDMI-out, USB OTG, and NFC.
    I checked with a technician at the BlackBerry Store. He confirmed it's a software bug. Well I won't move to leap then. I know it's a downgrade.
    I'd either get a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition or the Priv. Priv runs android that's the only problem I have with it. -.-
    I'll upgrade in June 2016. Let's see...

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 10:19 AM
    If finances aren't too much of an issue, get the Passport instead. Cheaper than the Priv, and world's better than the Leap.

Posted via CB10
    No issues with the finances. Will get a silver edition or a Priv. Let's see...
    In the following months I'm buying an IPad pro and also a MacBook Pro for college. So by June I'll change my phone. Need these things first.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 10:22 AM
    I checked with a technician at the BlackBerry Store. He confirmed it's a software bug. Well I won't move to leap then. I know it's a downgrade.
    I'd either get a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition or the Priv. Priv runs android that's the only problem I have with it. -.-

Posted via CB10
    A software bug, maybe. But one that only affects a select few devices. As you know, my Z30 had none of your issues.
    12-04-15 10:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    June 2016... might be a moot point for BB10 devices.
    12-04-15 10:32 AM
    No issues with the finances. Will get a silver edition or a Priv. Let's see...
    In the following months I'm buying an IPad pro and also a MacBook Pro for college. So by June I'll change my phone. Need these things first.

Posted via CB10
    Ah okay. Unless your looking for synchronization between devices, I'd strongly recommend checking out the Surface 4 before getting the IPad Pro.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 02:24 PM
    A software bug, maybe. But one that only affects a select few devices. As you know, my Z30 had none of your issues.
    I dont know if anybody else ever wondered...but I have wondered myself many times why do u have all the perfect BlackBerry phones with no complaints and errors....whatever OS iu does in whichever model BlackBerry u have, u never had any issues...maybe next time, I should make u order a BlackBerry for me :P

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2813
    12-04-15 03:07 PM
    I dont know if anybody else ever wondered...but I have wondered myself many times why do u have all the perfect BlackBerry phones with no complaints and errors....whatever OS iu does in whichever model BlackBerry u have, u never had any issues...maybe next time, I should make u order a BlackBerry for me :P

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2813
    Good question.
    12-04-15 03:19 PM
29 12