Is the Z30 better?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-16 07:31 AM
    I have had the Leap for about a year and a half now. The speakers have failed twice. I like the phone overall but am frustrated with having to set up a new device again. I feel like switching to a different phone. I'm waiting to see what the new TCL phone looks like.
    01-07-17 09:25 AM
    Got the Leap on 2016 Black Friday sale. My conclusion - mistake of the year!

- Pnone is uncomfortable to hold. Even though my hands are big, the phone is too "edgy". I still carry around my half-dead Nokia for that reason, just can't get used to Leap.

- Phone is too quiet. Forget about speakerphone function, or using your phone on a busy street. Now I always look for a quiet cafe to make a call, otherwise you simply can't hear the other person.

- Wifi reception on Leap is absolutely terrible. One of the main reasons to get this phone was to use it over Wifi to make VoIP calls. Longest call I had without getting disconnected was 16 minutes. Leap seems to have trouble holding wifi connection uninterrupted, while Thinkpad T530 on same wireless network with same VoIP provider/account has no problems holding a 3 hour conference phone call. Talk about BB being a "business phone" - it loses connectivity in the middle of the call! Unacceptable.

- Camera is very bad in low light conditions, pictures come out very blurry. Panaroma mode also gets confused easily in low light. To me this camera feels like a downgrade, even Nokia 5MP camera takes pictures better than this.
    The Leap is a mix of good and bad-leap_mtl.jpg

- No "Select All" functionality in file manager. I use the computer to move files around, but when no computer is around and you have 1000's of files to move, get ready to select them one by one. Even dumb phones these days have Select All feature. Massive oversight.

- Charger cable that came with the phone is very thick, it barely bends, even my laptop cable is more flexible. I would say cable is the highest quality part in the whole package. With Leap charging port being a flimsy Micro-B USB type, this cable can easily take out the port with guts, if you are not careful when pulling it. I can see this being a potential point of failure in the future.

The only good thing I can say about the phone is that it feels pretty solid, doesn't bend or twist. Charger port and SIM/SD card port being only weak spots.
    01-10-17 09:52 PM
    The browser drain my battery quickly ,super slow browser,bad camera,..now I use opera mini...save my battery a lot

Blackberry leap
    01-24-17 04:30 AM
    I have the Leap and it works flawlessly with stock BlackBerry apps. Remember it has 4 year old tech inside so think how Marshmallow or nugget would run on that yet the phone still works. I advise you to get a blackdroid, I also have the dtek50 to handle popular apps and for gosh sake don't even attempt to game on a leap unless it's solitaire or something like that. For calls, emails, texts and light browsing the leap is just fine.

BTW I just autoloaded os 10.3.3 last night and the phone is working better than ever.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-25-17 11:51 AM
    {Aug 30, 2015}
    We expect the sound on a mid range $ phone as good as competitor in the same range 300-550 $. Lumia 830, LG G3 etc.
    The usual BlackBerry user may be not usually play vid�o or games.. but this phone is suppose to offer a good first experience to a BB newbie. not only be a replacment to the z30 that nobody could have for a while by a carrier.
    Why having downgraded the processor on this phone? Why not choosed an architecture a bite aged a pro one with a 10 or 12 mp onboard(snapdragon 400-600 series)? The competition is far from that with octa core with main 16MP and more 5 or 8MP frontal camera(Snapdragon 800 serie).??? A simple mid range sony with BB in it would not be better than that?

The Passport was just perfectly fine.A high end productivity phone very powerful. (ut many user have bad issue of battery drain since the last 4 months(it appear to have something to do with an OS update or security breach, So BB YOU have to fix it very SOON because many Customers will leave for ever!!! My wife is near to do so) BlackBerry company just can deceive anymore. This phone is simply smell quality, is size an look (it looks like chanel for me) make an ideal bussiness woman phone.

The Classic is good an useful as communication hub between car, office and PC. Even if it stays in at your belt. But the timing should be better great a year ago.
    The Z30 a real high full hd BB. But so appreciate that try to find it at any carriers in Canada is virtually impossible.(a very good sign of a succes)
    With th BB Leap, we were expecting a z30 reedition with just a networking an OS update, at a smaller price than first edition. that it.
    But the Leap!!??... Will be a a easy to buy on eBay.. sadly. As the curve did in the past for north america market, the leap will convince BB newbie to never buy again a BlackBerry.
    Do you really thing a smart is propose a subsential mercedes experience..Really? Why so they put there name on it?
    I thing BB should continu to propose High end phone and sould do reedition with update of their three flaghips at lower price. Period. Or for a the mid range price phone propose a BB OS version of a just released phone like Xperia or a Samsung. So people at the carriers sould see the advantage for many of them of a BB OS turning perfectly on a affordable phone an everybody phone well build and right on expectations price-size-power-camera.

A BB fan, an e-class mercedes owner.
    That's is exactly what Idol 4s is!
    - sorry,the dtek 50 I mean.

I think I'm not so bad about finding the right phone concept western BlackBerry fan users.

I did the same, by talking about developing the idea that productivity need a large square form factor device... it was a time when the blackberry CE0 was coming here over some time and on BB central...
    Last edited by Fs Laflamme; 02-10-17 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Add date of previous message
    02-10-17 05:46 AM
    {Aug 30, 2015}

That's is exactly what Idol 4s is!
    - sorry,the dtek 50 I mean.

I think I'm not so bad about finding the right phone concept western BlackBerry fan users.

I did the same, by talking about developing the idea that productivity need a large square form factor device... it was a time when the blackberry CE0 was coming here over some time and on BB central...
    M. Chen you did the a so good job! You've arrived a year and half to late do stop BlackBerry fall. But blackberry still something that we like! Thanks you!
    02-10-17 06:11 AM
    Don't know anything about the leap but to diss BB10 as anything but the most intuitive and fluid OS out there, is less than honest.
    Enjoy your iPhone 5

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 08:39 AM
    I just had to create account and give you some of my experiences with the leap/bb10. Was coming from an older iPhone and selected the leap to try something different. Had it for 3 months. Here are my good in bads.

Bad:
    - phone took forever to charge
    - got a message " phone would charge faster if you use the charger that came with the phone" I was using the charger that came with the phone lol
    - pocket dialed everybody, including my boss and ex wife
    - pocket deleted photos of me an my children fishing for sharks in the pacific.
    - auto correct on texting is hilarious and not even close
    - android apps are super slow if they even work at all
    - united airlines infotainment system does not support the browser
    - internet browser is super slow
    - no individual # blocking feature. What a joke!!
    - the camera is garbage in low light
    - speakers terrible
    - bb10 shuttered sometimes when opening text.
    - had trouble connecting to my dodge Bluetooth. Would say it was connected but wasn't . Never had that problem with my old iPhone

Seriously guys I can go on for days. I had to beg my IS department last week to give me another phone. They gave me a iPhone 5s, 5s was release in 2013 and blows the leap
    Out of the water. It is absurd to read any good reviews on the leap and bb10 in general. Come on guys, it's just too frustrating to have to side load this, patch that. I am telling you I feel so much better not having a bb10 device. I am actually back in business and would never get or recommend a bb10 device to anybody.-
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you maybe didn't research the Leap before you bought it. It was never meant to be a top of the line spec phone.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    02-24-17 08:38 PM
    The leap was a enter level phone sort of a new curve. Bad stategy in my opinion. Always better re-edit a flaship with a few littles upgrades younger look than make a cheap phone. The overall experience is better. So you'll keep those client.

Envoyé/send via mon Passport original:::
    Last edited by Fs Laflamme; 02-25-17 at 12:29 AM.
    02-25-17 12:10 AM
    I peaked in here to see what users were thinking of the Leap. I had never honestly considered buying a Leap. After reading in here I am glad that I didn't.
    02-28-17 09:15 AM
    I peaked in here to see what users were thinking of the Leap. I had never honestly considered buying a Leap. After reading in here I am glad that I didn't.
    As long as you know the limitations, you can buy the Leap. Some in here prefer the Z30. I honestly don't know which one I'd choose.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    03-01-17 03:40 PM
    I am having a pretty good experience with the Leap. I would buy another one if I was not having already a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 04:23 PM
    I have a Leap, a Passport & a Priv. Love them all for various reasons, but tbh the Leap suits me just fine as a daily driver. Nice bright screen, decent camera, grippy back & solid chunky feel in the hand.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 07:38 AM
    Well my Leap was dealt another blow today...the banking app I rely on will be removed by my bank starting in June. That is the slow and painful death of BB10...how sad.

I'm not a huge app user , but when even the few core apps that I do use and rely on are terminated and phased out, the writing is on the wall.

Love my Leap...but unfortunately it's time to move on.

Respect My Autoritah!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-16-17 10:59 AM
    Well my Leap was dealt another blow today...the banking app I rely on will be removed by my bank starting in June. That is the slow and painful death of BB10...how sad.

I'm not a huge app user , but when even the few core apps that I do use and rely on are terminated and phased out, the writing is on the wall.

Love my Leap...but unfortunately it's time to move on.

Respect My Autoritah!
    Before you move why don't you try the android version who knows.

Posted via CB10. «•» BlackBerry Leap «•»
    03-17-17 05:01 AM
    Before you move why don't you try the android version who knows.

Posted via CB10. «•» BlackBerry Leap «•»
    Oh, I'm not leaving BlackBerry. I'm moving to the DTEK50. The BlackBerry Keyboard and the HUB are a must for me...and I'm too familiar with this brand by now.

The only phones that could entice me away from BlackBerry are the new Nokia phones. I used to have Nokia phones for over a decade...LOL...which makes me increasingly old...LOL

Respect My Autoritah!
    03-17-17 08:24 AM
    I just had to create account and give you some of my experiences with the leap/bb10. Was coming from an older iPhone and selected the leap to try something different. Had it for 3 months. Here are my good in bads.

Bad:
    - phone took forever to charge
    - got a message " phone would charge faster if you use the charger that came with the phone" I was using the charger that came with the phone lol
    - pocket dialed everybody, including my boss and ex wife
    - pocket deleted photos of me an my children fishing for sharks in the pacific.
    - auto correct on texting is hilarious and not even close
    - android apps are super slow if they even work at all
    - united airlines infotainment system does not support the browser
    - internet browser is super slow
    - no individual # blocking feature. What a joke!!
    - the camera is garbage in low light
    - speakers terrible
    - bb10 shuttered sometimes when opening text.
    - had trouble connecting to my dodge Bluetooth. Would say it was connected but wasn't . Never had that problem with my old iPhone

Seriously guys I can go on for days. I had to beg my IS department last week to give me another phone. They gave me a iPhone 5s, 5s was release in 2013 and blows the leap
    Out of the water. It is absurd to read any good reviews on the leap and bb10 in general. Come on guys, it's just too frustrating to have to side load this, patch that. I am telling you I feel so much better not having a bb10 device. I am actually back in business and would never get or recommend a bb10 device to anybody.-
    Ya i have never hated a phone as much as I hate this leap,mind u I've never had a phone half as long as this phone coming up on 2 years, the only good thing is the blackberry logo on the back and the blackberry name on the front. SCHLOOS.
    03-20-17 07:41 PM
    Oh, I'm not leaving BlackBerry. I'm moving to the DTEK50. The BlackBerry Keyboard and the HUB are a must for me...and I'm too familiar with this brand by now.

The only phones that could entice me away from BlackBerry are the new Nokia phones. I used to have Nokia phones for over a decade...LOL...which makes me increasingly old...LOL

Respect My Autoritah!
    Well had the DTEK50 for about a week...LOL...and returned it to BlackBerry for a full refund. I'm keeping my Leap for the foreseeable future...

Respect My Autoritah!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-08-17 07:32 PM
    I like Leap great battery email multimedia I don't play with my phone that why it s for me a great phone

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 07:42 AM
70 123