I have experienced the same lag in my Q10 once or twice. Also in z30. A clean install of OS and sometimes a hard reset have solved my issues

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204
    virgoroobs likes this.
    08-17-15 01:15 PM
    I am from India in Asia continent. Here price is high and big NO to second hand devices .

Posted via CB10
    Damn.
    I bought a bright new one 2nd hands for 350euro...
    To bad it's impossible over there

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 01:27 PM
    I know this might be a silly thing to ask but sometimes it's the simple things that are overlooked.

Is your Battery Saving Mode Enabled?

This will lower your CPU performance.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 03:20 PM
    I know this might be a silly thing to ask but sometimes it's the simple things that are overlooked.

Is your Battery Saving Mode Enabled?

This will lower your CPU performance.

Posted via CB10
    Was never on for me but it looked like it was on....
    That hard was the lag

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 03:23 PM
    I am from India in Asia continent. Here price is high and big NO to second hand devices .

Posted via CB10
    In India you can get a Z30 for a price lesser than what leap is available for. If you are changing your device, go for a Z30.

Check infibeam.com.

Posted using Z30 | 10.3.2.2339
    08-17-15 08:57 PM
    Leap and classic are low end devices to begin with, hardware wise, and also marketing wise
    I think apart for the low specs, BB also clocked down the processor to save battery (I can't confirm this though)
    I always say, you get what you pay for. Let me clarify something, if you bought the device through a certified carrier/store in your region, then you probably DIDN'T get the leap, you got the lower end Z3 (non-LTE, older hardware, 2013 Summer release). Even if you did manage to get the actual Leap (LTE, newer hardware, 2015 Spring release) in your region via a NON-SUPPORTED third party sales portal (at this moment, i can't find an official Leap carrier in your region), the Leap is still considered lower end.
    Why would it surprise you that it would lag? You paid for a low end device. Buy an android in the given price range and tell me if it doesn't lag
    08-18-15 04:17 AM
    Leap and classic are low end devices to begin with, hardware wise, and also marketing wise
    I think apart for the low specs, BB also clocked down the processor to save battery (I can't confirm this though)
    I always say, you get what you pay for. Let me clarify something, if you bought the device through a certified carrier/store in your region, then you DIDN'T get the leap, you got the lower end Z3 (non-LTE, older hardware, 2013 Summer release). Even if you did manage to get the actual Leap (LTE, newer hardware, 2015 Spring release) in your region via a NON-SUPPORTED third party sales portal, the leap is still considered lower end.
    Why would it surprise you that it would lag? You paid for a low end device. Buy an android in the given price range and tell me if it doesn't lag
    Same happens to z30 and q10....
    Also low end?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:18 AM
    Same happens to z30 and q10....
    Also low end?

Posted via CB10
    Yah, it is the low end of BB10 phones. Look at the hardware. Even the Z10 has more sensors than the leap. Leap only has the bigger screen and bigger battery. All other specs are the same >_<

High tier: Passport, Z30
    Mid tier: Z10, Q10
    Low tier: Z3, Q5, Leap, Classic

That's why people keep complaining about a full touchscreen high/mid tier replacement
    08-18-15 04:25 AM
    Classic is without a doubt a mid tier device. Definitely does not deserve to be with the Z3

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:33 AM
    This classification is done by you.. thats great for you but as far as problems are concerned even high end phones do have a lot, just open the passport thread in cb you will notice. The main thing is that even the low end devices or high end both are made for users. I agree may be handling or other factors include to enhance the performance. Definitely i will wait for the next update of OS10.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:59 AM
    Yah, it is the low end of BB10 phones. Look at the hardware. Even the Z10 has more sensors than the leap. Leap only has the bigger screen and bigger battery. All other specs are the same >_<

That's why people keep complaining about a full touchscreen high/mid tier replacement
    You miSsed my point...
    I meant that all BlackBerry 10 devices have this problem, high or low end does not matter.
    It's about the os handling big screen phones..

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 05:18 AM
    You miSsed my point...
    I meant that all BlackBerry 10 devices have this problem, high or low end does not matter.
    It's about the os handling big screen phones..

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough, I did misunderstand the point
    The problem is, my Z10 has never had a lag issue with clean installs, it has on occasion after several non-destructive updates

Classic is without a doubt a mid tier device. Definitely does not deserve to be with the Z3
    At the same time, I wouldn't say the classic is on par with the Q10 either though. So I guess we have to create another tier >_<

This classification is done by you.. thats great for you but as far as problems are concerned even high end phones do have a lot, just open the passport thread in cb you will notice. The main thing is that even the low end devices or high end both are made for users. I agree may be handling or other factors include to enhance the performance. Definitely i will wait for the next update of OS10.
    The 3 tier idea was introduced by BB themselves, not me. (Source: http://www.eweek.com/mobile/blackber...10-smartphones) However, like pointed out by a few people, it's not very clear cut
    But without a doubt Leap/Z3 hardware is definitely on the lower end. Whether like Ruben pointed out the problem is with the large screens, I'm not sure
    virgoroobs likes this.
    08-18-15 06:12 AM
    I use a Passport and a Leap. I bought the Passport used and after some orgies of installing an de-installations of native and android apps, I played the passport quit dead...apps did not start, the device was getting hot and other problems...a clean install solved everything with the Passport...with the Leap I never had any Problems as described

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:26 AM
    I use a Passport and a Leap. I bought the Passport used and after some orgies of installing an de-installations of native and android apps, I played the passport quit dead...apps did not start, the device was getting hot and other problems...a clean install solved everything with the Passport...with the Leap I never had any Problems as described

Posted via CB10
    wait.. what orgies did you have with android?
    dreamz_gaurav likes this.
    08-19-15 12:31 AM
    After reading the original post, I decided to load up my Leap and run a bunch of apps. No lag at all. Don't understand what your talking about. I switch between apps, works like a charm. Seriously.

Posted via CB10
    virgoroobs likes this.
    08-21-15 12:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am also an indian and I don't understand why did you buy the leap? I am also a BlackBerry fan but the phones are not useful at all for college people. It's useful for corporate people and others...
    If you want to buy a new phone than go for Android - wait for one plus two or moto x style...
    You will like it for sure. If he want BlackBerry than wait until next year...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 01:45 AM
    but BlackBerry phones are not useful at all for college people. It's useful for corporate people and others..

Posted via CB10
    As a person who is in college, I use my Leap every single day to receive all my college E-mails, I use it to read power point presentations, to look up marks on the university's website, for research if I need a quick definition and most importantly I use it to communicate with class mates over whatsApp, BBM Wechat all that stuff.

So according to me, BlackBerry devices are perfect for college people! How does any other OS help college student any more? Obviously you cant write assignments on it but that's what a PC or laptop is for. Did I mention you can also make calls on BlackBerry devices to organise group projects?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 02:49 AM
    I know that leap can do all those things that you have described.
    The guy who posted It about leap lags was an Indian and in india the leap price is really high. It's better to buy any other device...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 02:52 AM
    My post was related to the lag in performance, what does it concerns that i am an Indian. I have not introduced any issues related to the lack of apps and i am very satisfied with the quality of BlackBerry brand. Definitely there may be some other reason for the performance issue like os is not being updated or as some guy introduced a faulty unit or may be another. I am very hopeful that in future next update will resolve my problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:02 PM
    Should i go for classic??

Posted via CB10
    I have both the classic and the leap just sold my Passport and between the two there is no real differences I can see, the lag on both are the same.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 05:39 PM
45 12