I'll get the Leap when my Z10 stops working but I will not replace my working Z10 for a BlackBerry Leap because I do not feel the real need. Still in love with my Z10...

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 10:24 AM
    Z10 is a great phone. I still use mine a lot. The Leap is also a good phone. It has some nice features (except speaker). At the current US sale price of $199. It is a good deal.
    08-19-15 11:15 AM
    If you can get a Z30 by paying a lil instead, go for it.

Posted using Z30 | 10.3.2.2339
    08-19-15 12:34 PM
    Great advice from many of you guys

go try the Leap in person and decide

and if you can get a passport or classic for a good deal I would go with one of those
    08-24-15 06:53 AM
    I like the leap and I think it will be a great replacement for the Z10! I never owned a Z10 but I've own the Z30 and the leap and I like the leap more! If you haven't pulled the trigger on the leap do it now you won't regret it! I got the white one first then sold it and now have the space grey one and I love it

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:57 PM
    I actually ordered both a Z10 and a Leap. I got the Leap on the ShopBB US$199 special and the Z10 for $165 on Amazon. I know that is probably crazy, but the specs seems similar and I need to see how they feel. I wonder which one will win.

Posted via CB10 on the backup Q10
    08-25-15 07:53 PM
    I actually ordered both a Z10 and a Leap. I got the Leap on the ShopBB US$199 special and the Z10 for $165 on Amazon. I know that is probably crazy, but the specs seems similar and I need to see how they feel. I wonder which one will win.

Posted via CB10 on the backup Q10
    There are things to like and dislike about both. As far as battery life is concerned, the Leap wins hands down. The larger screen of the Leap is great, especially if your eyesight is not so good. But the clear and high resolution of the Z10 screen is really nice also.
    If you need hdmi out, Z10. If you need NFC, Z10. If you need 5 GHz wifi, Z10. If you need FM radio, Leap. Speaker also sounds better on Z10. Leaps speaker is louder, but at high volume it rattles and crackles.
    So what it all boils down to is what things are important to you.
    I actually own both and use both. it's like they each have their own personalities.
    Sparksx likes this.
    08-25-15 09:57 PM
    There are things to like and dislike about both. As far as battery life is concerned, the Leap wins hands down. The larger screen of the Leap is great, especially if your eyesight is not so good. But the clear and high resolution of the Z10 screen is really nice also.
    If you need hdmi out, Z10. If you need NFC, Z10. If you need 5 GHz wifi, Z10. If you need FM radio, Leap. Speaker also sounds better on Z10. Leaps speaker is louder, but at high volume it rattles and crackles.
    So what it all boils down to is what things are important to you.
    I actually own both and use both. it's like they each have their own personalities.
    Yes, I think they are both nice. I plan to try both and see which feels best to me. Is the battery life on the Z10 acceptable to you? Thank you for the tips.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 10:23 PM
    Yes, I think they are both nice. I plan to try both and see which feels best to me. Is the battery life on the Z10 acceptable to you? Thank you for the tips.

Posted via CB10
    I am not a heavy user. I am a moderate user. To me the battery is just acceptable. Heavy users say the battery is horrible. Even as a moderate user I need to charge every night. With the Leap, I need to charge only ever other night.
    Sparksx likes this.
    08-26-15 08:44 AM
    Z30 is by far the best out of those two.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Adam Kowalczyk1 likes this.
    08-26-15 08:55 AM
    Try and get a Z30.

Best phone BlackBerry has made.

Period.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    Sparksx likes this.
    08-26-15 09:01 AM
    Try and get a Z30.

Best phone BlackBerry has made.

Period.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    I actually had a Z30, but it was damaged due to an act of stupidity. I will agree the Z30 is a great device.

I just wanted to try something basic and different.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 09:38 AM
    I actually had a Z30, but it was damaged due to an act of stupidity. I will agree the Z30 is a great device.

I just wanted to try something basic and different.

Posted via CB10
    Just saying that the Z30 is the best purchase with your money. Leap is at times more expensive and you get less.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-26-15 10:34 AM
    That depends on the screen. I personally never could get used to the Z30 screen, so if the leap is similar, I'd vote Z10. Something about LCD screens just make my eyes happy.

I own a phone from every OS, and only the Z10 can compare in beauty to my iPhone 6 in my eyes.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    Sparksx likes this.
    08-26-15 10:41 AM
    That depends on the screen. I personally never could get used to the Z30 screen, so if the leap is similar, I'd vote Z10. Something about LCD screens just make my eyes happy.

I own a phone from every OS, and only the Z10 can compare in beauty to my iPhone 6 in my eyes.

The Leap has an LCD screen with the exact size and resolution as the Z30.
    Septembersrain likes this.
    08-26-15 10:59 AM
    What about the speakers. Lol

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-26-15 12:12 PM
    I've got both but still prefer the Z10 due to size and being able to use one hand.
    I just can't figure out why BlackBerry made the Leap so huge.
    Top and bottom of the screen to me seems a waste of space on the Leap.
    When putting in my pockets Wow so big.
    Uncomfortable to carry for sure.

The Mini Beast Z10
    Sparksx likes this.
    08-26-15 12:21 PM
    I've got both but still prefer the Z10 due to size and being able to use one hand.
    I just can't figure out why BlackBerry made the Leap so huge.
    Top and bottom of the screen to me seems a waste of space on the Leap.
    When putting in my pockets Wow so big.
    Uncomfortable to carry for sure.

The Mini Beast Z10
    This might be a deal breaker for me. I really want a smaller phone right now. I guess I will just see how it feels.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Sparksx; 08-26-15 at 03:13 PM.
    08-26-15 01:06 PM
    I just changed to the Leap, wore my Z10 out, when phone was on vibrate couldn't hear it or feel it so missed calls and texts. The Leap is doing well, little bigger, and yes $0 on two years.

Will stay with BlackBerry, just hope the Leap doesn't wear out in two years.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 02:33 PM
    What about the speakers. Lol
    What is your problem??? First of all he was asking about the Leap and the Z10. No mention at all about the Z30 so what are you trying to prove here? Second point is that I already mentioned the Leaps and the Z10's speakers. I didn't mention about the Z30's because the original post did not ask about that. Go away.
    08-26-15 02:54 PM
    LCD screens look very nice. I vote yes to getting the Leap! =)

lift and Sparksx like this.
    08-26-15 03:34 PM
    Well, they are both arriving tomorrow. I will put them both to the test.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-26-15 05:18 PM
    Leap is all setup. It's pretty nice!

Z10 is updating to latest 10.3. Leap gets the first crack as the daily driver. We shall see how this goes.

I'll probably end up liking them both and keeping both!

Posted via CB10
    lift and Septembersrain like this.
    08-27-15 09:14 PM
    Good luck with your phones and I hope you enjoy them. I use a Q5, Z10 and a Leap. I like some features of each phone and use each phone for different circumstances.
    Septembersrain and Sparksx like this.
    08-27-15 10:14 PM
    So far, I'm leaning towards the Leap. The Z10 has a cool form factor and style, but the Leap just feels better to me personally. The only thing I don't care for is the larger bezels on the Leap. I know they are probably there to ensure the gesture success, but I wish they were just a touch smaller(not a big deal).

I also have some suspicions about the Z10 I got off Amazon (one of those sold by BlahBlah and fulfilled by Amazon). This is hard to describe - it almost feels like the screen is...not the original screen. Almost like the screen does not respond as well as it should to touch and feels a bit off. I'm pretty sure this is not the norm as I know lots of you really enjoy your Z10s. I think I might have received a refurb unit or something. Also, the phone was sold as an unlocked device but it came in an AT&T box. I know they have carrier unlocked devices, I just didn't think that is what I would be receiving.

So maybe I'm not getting the true Z10 experience. I think this Z10 is going back to Amazon. I might poke around and try to find a truly new in box factory unlocked Z10 for a good price. I do like Amazon for the return policy and fast (prime) shipping but it seems its harder to buy phones like this on there.
    08-30-15 12:04 AM
63 123