Hi all,

Sorry for the post but I have the opportunity to get a new leap at "0" dollars on contract or stay with my current contract and keep my Z10. I'm torn because I love the Z10 and if seems like the leap would be a great replacement. What are your experiences with the leap compared to the Z10.

**The Z30 is not an option for this discussion please stop bringing this model up in thread**

Thanks in advance
    Dave

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xdavekillyoux; 08-28-15 at 10:34 AM.
    08-10-15 10:42 AM
    Are you locked in for another two years before being able to get your next upgrade?

If you really want a BlackBerry, and an all touch.... i doubt the Slider will be that cheap for a long time - if ever. So go for it and there is no other all touch in the line up right now.

If you don't care about sticking with BlackBerry.... there are better options out there in that should also be $0 down.

Or better yet, buy the LEAP outright and see if you can get a cheap rate on your monthly plan.
    08-10-15 11:11 AM
    I would like to stay with blackberry. To get the plan that I would like I would need to purchase a hardware upgrade. The slider would be nice but it is more economical for me to pull the trigger than wait. Just looking for honest experiences with the leap. Etc

Thanks
    Dave

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 11:18 AM
    don't forget the battery on the Z10 isn't all that good but it has NFC,check out Walmart and ask the guys what their best plan is ,I got Koodo in Quebec with unlimited everything and 1GO of data for $43/month,pretty good,eh?but then again I own my phone,you can buy on ShopBB and pay with paypal and don't pay interest for 6 months ,that's awesome and then you are free from those bloodsucking carriers ,it's a great feeling,consider that,lol
    08-10-15 11:31 AM
    Yes,the thing is there is more competition in Quebec. That would be a 50$ plan in Ontario... I have actually never used NFC and I will still have my Z10 to fall back on etc

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 12:13 PM
    I had the Z10 and used it for 2 years plus. And was very satisfied with it. I moved to the Leap a few months ago and didn't regret it so far. I'm keeping my Z10 as a back-up device for a while , but it is boxed and the Leap is my primary (and only) device.

The bigger screen, battery, Miracast, WiFi Direct and a few other goodies were great features to have. Enough for me so that I don't miss any of those the Z10 had and the Leap doesn't.

I don't know what else to say. Give the Leap a try and see what's what. Then you'll have a better idea. Otherwise you will hear a thousand pro and con arguments that will drive you nuts.

At the end of the day this is you decision and your money. I'm sure you will arrive at the correct decision regarding your needs and wants as a customer.

PS I bought mine factory unlocked directly from BlackBerry...as I am a pay-as-you-go customer. Now I'm not depended on my crummy carrier for OS updates and if I travel to the States or Europe I can buy a prepaid SIM card and not have to pay roaming charges etc.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Last edited by adonesc; 11-02-15 at 06:19 PM.
    lift and mighthor like this.
    08-10-15 05:43 PM
    Thanks! That helps a ton!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 05:55 PM
    Why not pick up a Z30? They are pretty cheap nowadays.
    08-10-15 06:10 PM
    My options are a "0" dollars leap. 45 dollar classic and 245 dollar passport. I need a new hardware upgrade to get the special that I am looking for.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 07:09 PM
    My options are a "0" dollars leap. 45 dollar classic and 245 dollar passport. I need a new hardware upgrade to get the special that I am looking for.

Posted via CB10
    If you like all touch, Leap is the best (only) choice.
    08-10-15 09:11 PM
    Keep the Z10 for every reason except two, and that would be screen size and battery life. The loss of NFC and HDMI output are killers for me.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2339 Winnipeg,MB
    08-11-15 01:15 AM
    I had z10 since last year, the best phone and operating system from all, only the minus was battery.I sold it on eBay. And got Blackberry Leap, the phone looks beautiful ,yes the screen is bigger and battery as well, but I was not that much impressed with battery, the screen is more brighter than z30 a.But, the speaker on the Leap is very disappointing thin in sound and rattle when turn to the max vs z10 the speaker is very good in sound. Also there is light bleeding on the left side.And the leap is even longer than z30.
    So, after 2 days I send leap back.
    I have ordered on eBay z10 for 149€ .
    I think Leap for for this price is not a cheap phone for what it is.
    You should try Leap if you have possibility ....for 1-2 days and see.... its the best way.... before you put yourself for another contract .....
    In the end of the day. Its your money and decision.
    Good luck.
    Hi all,

Sorry for the post but I have the opportunity to get a new leap at "0" dollars on contract or stay with my current contract and keep my Z10. I'm torn because I love the Z10 and if seems like the leap would be a great replacement. What are your experiences with the leap compared to the Z10.

Thanks in advance
    Dave

Posted via CB10
    BobRubus likes this.
    08-11-15 03:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's your choice in the end, but if you want an all touch and you are even considering a passport, the Z30 can be had for the same price as the passport w/o contract on ebay.
    Why not just keep the plan you have now and not be on a contract any longer?

Via Passport via CB10
    Carmels likes this.
    08-11-15 05:22 AM
    Z30 is the way to go better specs fast

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 05:34 AM
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the input. Again, I have stated options and the Z30 isn't on my options for a "new" BlackBerry... thanks for everyone who has given honest input. What is the battery life and build quality on the Leap model?

Thanks
    Dave

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 05:55 AM
    Keep the z10 or buy the z30 off contract and save the contract for a real upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 05:57 AM
    I replaced my Z10 with a Leap. Very happy. Most carriers have a 14 or 30 day return policy. Try the leap. if you do not like it return it.
    08-11-15 08:08 AM
    Thanks. Mods please close!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 09:04 AM
    Well, speaking for the Leap battery. What I did when I got mine, I turned off the interactive / advanced features, since I don't really need them, I reduced the brightness of the screen also the "white balance" on my Leap.

You also have, as you must be aware, the Battery Saving Mode feature on BB10, whose default setting to kick in is at 20% of battery power, you can perhaps move it at 30%. Shut down any apps you don't need, don't leave them running in the background as active frames, since they drain the battery.

When I first bought the Leap it took a few days and a few charges until the battery settled. Make sure if you buy it to completely drain the out-of-box charge it comes with before you charge it the first time.

Charge your phone, even if you still have power in the battery, especially if you are under 50%. It's apparently not good for the battery to maintain a low charge for extended periods of time.

There are plenty of ways you can improve the battery life on the Leap should you choose to purchase it.

I did. I'm using it continously every day, heavy mixed usage (audio, video, texting, calling, browsing) and even then I still go home with a 25-30% charge at the end of the day. If I wasn't, with moderate use, I could easily go on two days without charging my Leap.

In the now over two months I have had it and used it , I have only fully drained the battery three times. Once the day it arrived in the mail and I set it up. Had a 50% charge out of the box. And on two other occasions, and only because I did not charge it during the day or at night.

Besides, you can always use the BlackBerry MP -2100 mAh mobile charger to top off any extra battery power you might need in case of emergency. I originally purchased it for my Z10...and used it almost constantly. Since I bought the Leap, I've never used it.

http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-...8A37A16634.htm

That is the link. While it shows a Z30 in the picture, and it is sometimes sold as a Z30 accessory, it goes on with any BlackBerry device.

Good luck to you.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    mighthor likes this.
    08-11-15 10:14 AM
    Thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 10:35 AM
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the input. Again, I have stated options and the Z30 isn't on my options for a "new" BlackBerry... thanks for everyone who has given honest input. What is the battery life and build quality on the Leap model?

Thanks
    Dave

Posted via CB10
    With moderate usage, the phone has been lasting me an average of 1 day and 9 hours.

As for build quality, it's a pretty solid device. The main issue being the terrible rear facing speaker. It's loud enough, but sounds tinny and rattles a bit at max volume. Also the power and volume buttons are squishy. Not firm and click like they were on the Q10 (and Z10 I would imagine.)

All in all, it's a good device, with a big bright screen. But take it for what it is, an entry level Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-11-15 11:03 AM
    Thanks. Mods please close!

Posted via CB10
    Report your own post if you want that to happen.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 12:14 PM
    Ah okay. Wasn't sure how to make that happen. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 12:30 PM
    Yes there are better options. I had a 9930 with Verizon. I had my choice of a Classic at $100.00 or Z30 at $200.00. I chose the Moto X 2014. Great notifications, good camera, great apps, great processor, great screen, so-so phone, battery is just OK ,no SD card. What I really wanted was a Leap or a Z30 at a reasonable price or a Passport, Verizon has non of those options. Money is an issue. I'm still a BB fan and still use my Playbook. But I made the best decision for me. Best T500J
    08-14-15 12:02 AM
    In many ways, the Z10 is a better device, provided it is properly maintained and not physically damaged. The Leap is a nice phone, with a larger HD screen, but that's about all it has over the Z10. The Z10 has a removable battery and charger bundle accessory available specifically for it as well as a few more features such as NFC. Some people don't care about NFC, others use it a lot. Some people like the mini HDMI port on the Z10, the Leap does not have this port nor does it have 'slim port' as an option like the Passport / Classic.

I guess it comes down to personal preference, but the Leap is not necessarily an 'upgrade' from the good ol' Z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 05:00 PM
63 123