I moved to an iPhone 6s a few months ago, to get apps that work and consolidate my mobile life to one device.

It ain't working out as planned.

I mean, the iPhone works and all... and it's darned fast compared to my Leap. And some stuff I NEED is iOS-specific.

Problem is... I just can't TYPE on the darn thing!

Tried all the keyboards I can stand. Settled mostly on SwiftKey but I swear there are times that I am faster and more accurate with the T9 keyboard I also installed.

The problem is that the 6s screen and VKB just isn't BIG enough for these bony hot dogs I call fingers, and the auto correct on every iOS keyboard sucks. Correcting auto correct, or turning it off and carefully typing the right word on keys the size of a grain of rice, slows me down so much I forget what I wanted to say in the first place.

And then I remembered my Leap... and how I could just fly across the VKB and it'd practically read my mind and write the words for me, wherever my thumbs would land.

The other thing that's driving me crazy about iOS: I have to relearn an average of 1-2 apps a month, as the vendor touts "we've completely redesigned the look and feel!" Grrrr... and suddenly I have to take time out of my busy life to learn how to do a perfectly common task over again. I began to long for a platform where no one ever updated anything anymore... which is BB10 for sure. :|

The last straw for me was last month when Outlook for iOS took away the Reply and Reply All and Forward buttons and replaced them with "Add A Message". That's it, I was done. Went back to Apple Mail on the iPhone, and then had my revelation about the Leap.

So I'm back to carrying two devices around. And I'll stick with the Leap for typing things, as long as I possibly can.

Leap, I've missed you so.

P.S. I also had a Classic at work, that they replaced with a Samsung Knox device with the worst UI I've ever seen, and I've seen 1980's VCRs. I was fighting back tears when I turned it in, and I'm now shopping for a good used Classic for myself... just to have one, y'know?
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    08-08-17 10:58 PM
    LEAP.... glad someone misses it.
    08-09-17 10:08 AM
    I've been working with Blackberries since the 7290 was the "new" model, and have hands-on experience with every non-Android model since then except for the PlayBook and Passport. The Leap and the Classic have been the most well suited to my needs and anatomy.

Darn right I miss it.
    08-09-17 11:49 AM
    I bought another Leap last week. I love this device!!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-17 03:30 PM
    08-09-17 03:34 PM
    get a bigger iphone?
    08-09-17 05:19 PM
    You buying...?
    08-09-17 11:06 PM
    You buying...?
    Get an iPad mini and install textnow app. I've actually used mine like a giant iPhone to embarrass my daughters, texting and talking on it. LOL
    08-10-17 07:53 AM
    I agree, the leap is my go to device always, I love it!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 10:32 AM