Just thought I'd let you all know that the Leap I pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago has been shipped. Expected delivery is tomorrow. Not sure if anyone else in the US has ordered and has checked their order status.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 12:40 PM
    Great, I hope you'll like it
    04-23-15 12:43 PM
    Don't forget to update
    Would love some pictures and your thoughts about it.
    Cause a lot of people are bashing it without testing it...

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 12:52 PM
    Mine is due to be delivered tomorrow (FedEx). I'm looking forward to having it as a spare for my Classic.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    04-23-15 02:29 PM
    Don't forget to update
    Would love some pictures and your thoughts about it.
    Cause a lot of people are bashing it without testing it...

Posted via CB10
    The Leap prompts you to update as soon as you connect to Wifi, so the initialization figures out you are one rev behind kind of fast. Don't have any pictures to share but mine looks a lot like those already posted on Crackberry.

:-)

And my impressions (sans sarcasm):
    I like it. I like it a lot. Moving to this phone from a Nexus 5. Have used a Z10 in the past but BB10.3.1 behaves much better than the first version out of the gate. Since then I've tried a few Windows phones and Android devices. This Blackberry Leap is very nice both in materials and function.

So, I could have opted for a less expensive Android phone (Moto G/E) and just continued on with the weekly software updates eating through my data plan, but decided instead to return to a more secure environment. Didn't want to spend $700 for a Nexus 6 or try an iPhone for even more.

IMHO this is a good handset. Solid. Good software. Responds like silk to user input.

Just my $0.02 worth.
    04-24-15 03:31 PM
    Mine came today. Very nice BlackBerry. Love the design and the feel....and so does my girlfriend. Without just coming out and saying it, she wants it. What's a guy to do? So I told her she could have it and I'll transfer all her stuff on Monday (gives me 2 days to play with it). On the bright side, I'll get my Z30 back from her.

The struggle is real.

04-24-15 06:20 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Mine came today. Very nice BlackBerry. Love the design and the feel....and so does my girlfriend. Without just coming out and saying it, she wants it. What's a guy to do? So I told her she could have it and I'll transfer all her stuff on Monday (gives me 2 days to play with it). On the bright side, I'll get my Z30 back from her.

The struggle is real.

LOL. At the LEAP's amazing low price... buy a few!!!

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-24-15 06:41 PM
    Would love to buy a Leap but unfortunately it is not available through Verizon.
    04-24-15 07:11 PM
    So far the wife is enjoying the phone. She missed having the ease of use with the BlackBerry. We had purchased a Nokia go phone to hold her over til the Leap came in. She's liking the overall feel of the phone. She's really digging the screen, and she likes how "fluid" 10.3 is compared to her dead z10 which was on a 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-25-15 12:10 PM
    Lol. That's a sign of a good boyfriend.

The struggle is real.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 03:55 PM
    I had preordered mine back in March, saw that it was in stock at Amazon so I ordered it there last week, got it next day, contacted BlackBerry to cancel my preorder and they magically were like 'it's shipping so it's too late to cancel.'. The shipment from BlackBerry arrived today... now I have two leaps. I almost feel like keeping the one from BlackBerry and returning the one from Amazon... just cuz it feels like a more pure purchase haha... but I already bought the BlackBerry phone protection and supplied them with the imei from the Amazon one.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 08:58 PM
    I had preordered mine back in March, saw that it was in stock at Amazon so I ordered it there last week, got it next day, contacted BlackBerry to cancel my preorder and they magically were like 'it's shipping so it's too late to cancel.'. The shipment from BlackBerry arrived today... now I have two leaps. I almost feel like keeping the one from BlackBerry and returning the one from Amazon... just cuz it feels like a more pure purchase haha... but I already bought the BlackBerry phone protection and supplied them with the imei from the Amazon one.

Posted via CB10
    Like you, I pre-ordered from BlackBerry a while back. When they became available ahead of the 4/27 scheduled date, I ordered from Amazon and tried to cancel the BlackBerry one, but was told it was already shipping. All I had to do was refuse delivery from FedEx. That way I didn't have to cough up the return postage.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 03:39 AM
    Best part about the one from Blackberry is that the top volume button clicks and feels the same as the bottom one... unlike the Amazon shipped one ha

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 06:19 AM
    Guess I was lucky. Top and bottom click fine. The mute button is more flush with the frame, so it takes a little more effort, but it clicks also. My only criticism is the mute button is a bit crowded by the volume ones so it's hard to isolate your push without looking at it.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 12:14 PM