Love the "Should be" crowd when it comes to pricing. All I can assume is these users would prefer a deal as opposed to BB surviving... right now the only thing keeping them afloat is the margins they make on device sales. So yes, let us cut down those margins, have Blackberry make less money and eventually run out of money and go out of business. Yup, just wonder what you "cheap' BB users will do if BB goes out of business. Oh wait, is that a nice Chinese Android I see, bright, shiny and most importantly.... CHEAP!!!!
    I'm ok with paying $350........for an upgraded Z30. But don't re-skin a Z10 and slap a new price tag on it! Especially when you're still selling a better spec'ed phone at the same time in the Z30 for the same price or cheaper.

If you wanna call someone out, call out BlackBerry for their continuous strategic blunders! There is only 2 reasons I can think of why the Leap is priced this high. Priced for enterprise, because big corporations can afford it. The other reason is to clear out the remaining Z30 stock before dropping the price on the Leap.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    04-02-15 06:07 PM
    Its overpriced for a snapdragon s4 processor. All those chips out there and the leap ends up with one that's nearly 3 years old. Even the classic has it too. Less money is being spent on r&d for hardware. Sooner or later BB will just be a software business
    04-02-15 06:15 PM
    Its overpriced for a snapdragon s4 processor. All those chips out there and the leap ends up with one that's nearly 3 years old. Even the classic has it too. Less money is being spent on r&d for hardware. Sooner or later BB will just be a software business
    You don't get the reason why Leap was released. $275usd ($349)cad) is a good price.

The Slider may end up being the highest spec'ed and the most innovative device on the planet.

Sexy White Z30
    04-03-15 02:24 PM
    I'm ok with paying $350........for an upgraded Z30. But don't re-skin a Z10 and slap a new price tag on it! Especially when you're still selling a better spec'ed phone at the same time in the Z30 for the same price or cheaper.

If you wanna call someone out, call out BlackBerry for their continuous strategic blunders! There is only 2 reasons I can think of why the Leap is priced this high. Priced for enterprise, because big corporations can afford it. The other reason is to clear out the remaining Z30 stock before dropping the price on the Leap.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Find me a better phone that is equal to Leaps hardware for equal or cheaper price?

Example: The 18 month old Z30 with 2012 specs hardware wise blows ALL SAMSUNG devices in the teeth. This is BlackBerry quality.

But sure I agree, getting sort of sick of the constant low specs they release.

Sexy White Z30
    04-03-15 02:28 PM
    I think they are basically selling utility phones for work. The low specs work fine for BB10 and margins are good as the hardware is cheap to make.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    04-04-15 11:36 AM
    Find me a better phone that is equal to Leaps hardware for equal or cheaper price?

Sexy White Z30
    Ah......the Z30?! :-|

The Z30 is cheaper (at this point in time) and has better hardware then the Leap, even though it's coming around 2 years. Why would anyone choose a Leap? It's not even a good replacement for the Z10 in my option as the Z10's form factor is its appeal, not everyone wants a 5" + display phone.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Last edited by Carmels; 04-04-15 at 05:56 PM.
    04-04-15 05:41 PM
    Ah......the Z30?! :-|

The Z30 is cheaper (at this point in time) and has better hardware then the Leap, even though it's coming around 2 years. Why would anyone choose a Leap? It's not even a good replacement for the Z10 in my option as the Z10's form factor is its appeal, not everyone wants a 5" + display phone.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Actually it's a great replacement for Z10 users...from my perspective coming from a Z10... I WANT MY LCD BACK NOW. Or at least make the brightness brighter on my os....

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    04-05-15 02:24 PM
    After comparing the specs on the Leak with those of the Z30, I am reminded of the adage we used to use to describe something of little or no value: It's the cure for which there is no disease!
    Last edited by Donald Ward; 04-06-15 at 10:59 AM. Reason: appearance
    04-06-15 10:54 AM
    BB knows that only diehard followers will go for this one and is pricing it higher than they should. This phone is meant for mass deployment, buying in bulk will probably get a much more attractive price per unit and can be bundled with BES12.
    Strategy my friends
    04-06-15 06:24 PM
    Actually it's a great replacement for Z10 users...from my perspective coming from a Z10... I WANT MY LCD BACK NOW. Or at least make the brightness brighter on my os....

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    Ya but that's your prospective! If you're basing a purchase solely on specs, the Leap is not the way to go while the Z30 is still available for purchase. Especially in Canadian funds where a Z30 can be had for cheaper the Leaps price point at the moment.

You and I have had comments on other threads regarding the Z30 display. IMO, I'll take the super amoled display over LCD any day of the week, simply for its better color representation and efficiency on power consumption.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Swave514 likes this.
    04-14-15 06:14 AM
    Price is too high. I thought they were selling it at 275$?

Posted via CB10
    Here we go agian......

Posted Via The Classic
    04-14-15 06:17 AM
    For a phone that should of came out 2010-11. I cant see how 349 + tax and maybe shipping is expensive. The phone should be 200 - 250 CAD
    If you start a company or buy BlackBerry and sell it for that price I will be the first in line.

Posted Via The Classic
    04-14-15 06:20 AM
    360AU would have bee nice at around 299

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 09:11 AM
    Yea I hear you. Seeing that the leap is a lower model Blackberry to the z10 and z30. Which is selling for $275 cdn. Just makes no since to be selling the leap for $349 cdn. Which is made from left over maybe even used z10 parts. Cheers to blackberry for not wasting old materials and selling them again as new. People see new release and run to buy. In this case your buying a phone that should of been released four year ago.
    04-14-15 09:14 AM
    Emailed digital river and they said it will be available in mid May in Canada...disappointing if it's true.

Posted via CB10
    Guess they need time to stock up on refurbished units to sell as new to the North American market.
    04-14-15 02:37 PM
    I suspect this phone will replace the Z30 on our corporate approve list. Right now it's Z30, Passport and Classic. Given the Z30 sell off its inevitably going to be the touch option which is exactly what BlackBerry is wanting.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    04-14-15 04:06 PM
    Excellent. I'm definitely buying one! Also getting BlackBerry Care too!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-15-15 01:34 PM
    At least that tells you that the legacy BlackBerry 10 devices Z10, Q10 etc won't see end of life for at least a few more years and will receive every new OS since they have the same specs.. to be the longest supported devices ever made

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 01:42 PM
    Legacy devices are those older ones that use compressed data. Not BB10 devices.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-15-15 04:29 PM
    Ya but that's your prospective! If you're basing a purchase solely on specs, the Leap is not the way to go while the Z30 is still available for purchase. Especially in Canadian funds where a Z30 can be had for cheaper the Leaps price point at the moment.

You and I have had comments on other threads regarding the Z30 display. IMO, I'll take the super amoled display over LCD any day of the week, simply for its better color representation and efficiency on power consumption.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Haha i remember our convos and i hear you, I slowly get used to my z30 brightness but sometimes when im viewing certain pictures i just need a little bit more in certain areas you know?
    04-15-15 08:19 PM
45 12