So I'm considering a new blackberry because the passport is a bit too cumbersome for me at work (construction). I was debating between the classic or leap but cant decide. Are they essentially the same thing but one has a keyboard and the other is all touch? or is there minor differences to make one better than the other?
    05-13-15 02:18 PM
    Classic has NFC, SlimPort, 5Ghz WiFi, 720x720 display with a 2515 mAh battery.
    Leap has no NFC, No SlimPort, No 5Ghz WiFi, 1280x720 display with a 2800 mAh battery.

Overall, the Classic and Leap are two very different devices.
    conite, lift and phuoc like this.
    05-13-15 03:49 PM
    I would think your need to have a keyboard or not would trump all.

If you need a physical keyboard, you suck it up and live with a smaller screen. If not, you get a full screen.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-13-15 03:55 PM
    I heard the leap has no nfc which isn't a big deal to me. Funny though they advertise the leap flex shell as nfc friendly. Spec wise though they're both similar right? Same processors and such. Just comes down to the keyboard or bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 05:26 PM
    I heard the leap has no nfc which isn't a big deal to me. Funny though they advertise the leap flex shell as nfc friendly. Spec wise though they're both similar right? Same processors and such. Just comes down to the keyboard or bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    The overall OS experience will be similar, yes. Same cpu.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-13-15 05:57 PM
    Awesome, thank you!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 06:25 PM
    I just returned my Leap mostly due to the terrible rear speaker. If you need a loud speaker and ringtone, then you should look at the Classic. If I turned the ringtone up high it would cause the rear speaker to rattle pretty badly and it was still not really that loud. The big screen, battery and overall build quality was pretty good otherwise.
    05-13-15 10:53 PM
    Classic hands down on extras alone that the leap doesnt have. You will be much happier unless you prefer a virtual keyboard. If thats the case, than a Z30 would be a better option. I still chose the Passport 8 months ago and glad I did

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    andy957 likes this.
    05-13-15 11:08 PM
    The Classic is also a bit smaller in terms of physical size.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:25 AM
    Yes I would go with the Classic or Z30.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 06:56 PM
    So I got my classic last night and it's my favorite by far! I traded in my passport at AT&T and got this guy for cheap. I love the angled keys much more than the flat ones and it's so much easier to hold. I also have a leap but the speakers on it are awful as the one guy said earlier. I found middle ground with this one!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 12:51 PM
    So I got my classic last night and it's my favorite by far! I traded in my passport at AT&T and got this guy for cheap. I love the angled keys much more than the flat ones and it's so much easier to hold. I also have a leap but the speakers on it are awful as the one guy said earlier. I found middle ground with this one!

Posted via CB10
    Glad you are happy with your decision. The Leap was a let down for me unfortunately.
    05-16-15 09:46 PM
    Classic has NFC, SlimPort, 5Ghz WiFi, 720x720 display with a 2515 mAh battery.
    Leap has no NFC, No SlimPort, No 5Ghz WiFi, 1280x720 display with a 2800 mAh battery.

Overall, the Classic and Leap are two very different devices.
    That sums it up perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 06:38 PM
    I'm loving the Leap. And I come from the Q10. I do miss the physical keypad for sure, and was close to returning the Leap. However, I know I would miss this amazing screen. And the camera is amazing.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 09:41 AM
    Im using the pp, classic and the leap. So far im enjoying the leap. Its a good and quite fast device. Reminds me a bit of the Z30.

However, if u type a lot, u need the classic, but need a bigger screen, the leap it is.

No issues with the leap as im a heavy user.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 10:08 AM
    After using a Leap on a recent client visit, I really can't recommend it to anyone who uses the speaker for calling.

I have Z30 and a Classic.

The sound quality on the Leap's rear speaker just can't do the job foe speaker phone calls. A deal breaker for me 'cause I use the speaker phone extensively for work.

Nice package, ok specs. But the speaker phone kills it for my needs.

Chris - Posted with CB10 on my Workhorse Classic
    07-17-15 02:24 PM
    After using a Leap on a recent client visit, I really can't recommend it to anyone who uses the speaker for calling.

I have Z30 and a Classic.

The sound quality on the Leap's rear speaker just can't do the job foe speaker phone calls. A deal breaker for me 'cause I use the speaker phone extensively for work.

Nice package, ok specs. But the speaker phone kills it for my needs.

Chris - Posted with CB10 on my Workhorse Classic
    Yeah, the speaker is definitely the weak link in the Leap. I have learned to just live with it because I like the bigger screen and the much better battery life.
    07-18-15 12:26 PM
    Leap it was for me. It suits well my needs as a customer and BlackBerry user.

After the good experience I've had with the Z10, prior to the Leap, I just couldn't see myself going back to a physical keyboard and a screen of the size such as the one on the Classic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the Classic, but the Leap proved better for what I wanted out of a BlackBerry device.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    lift likes this.
    07-20-15 07:56 AM
    Both the phones have same capabilities. If you want bigger screen with touch experience buy leap. If you are fine with small screen and physical keyboard then go for classic. Hardware and battery will give you same performance.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 12:46 PM
    I always find that when people post questions like this, they'll always post it in the forum of the phone they WANT to get.

This was posted in the Leap section....go ahead. Take the Leap

Classic is awesome in case you want to know.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Chris Chin likes this.
    07-20-15 01:18 PM
    275 dollar phone vs a 449 dollar phone. Both have virtually the same specs. Leap doesn't have NFC but has a bigger battery and bigger screen. Leap is better value.

Posted via CB10
    lift and Thalestr like this.
    07-22-15 08:22 AM