Hey there,
    First off I'm a previous BB user with 8520,9300,Z10 and now Leap. Pretty much have never used anything else.

I'm just concerned or want to check with other Leap users if it's just my Leap in particular or in a general a bad camera.

My Z10 takes much better photos especially the Auto Focus. It seems very slow to Auto focus, I have to take 3 or 4 pics to get the focus right. I like my photos and the Z10 with a 5mp was very good and thought the 8mp 'upgrade' would be better hence me paying a bit more and getting the Leap rather than the Z3.

I now feel a bit disappointed. I'm hoping that it's only my one - maybe a problem I can take it in and get it checked or is this a problem on this phone or a setting I've screwed up.

On a side note - on the Priv and BlackBerry idea of using Android. If I wanted Android I would have bought an Android phone. BB10 if a far better OS and I'm so used to it. If some just take the time to know it and get used to it...I can't use an Android.

With Apps I laugh cos like many (and my wife's LG G4), you buy the phone, download 100's of Apps and then the phone goes like a tortoise. Then you disable all Data to those Apps then remove them and you back at the start.

I just need a few basic apps and I'm good. Twitter, Foursquare and BBM - thanks...

Posted with CB10 : STR100-1 : 10.3.2.2474
    11-08-15 12:58 PM
    Leap Camera-img_20151109_151129.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 11:55 AM
    I've taken alot of pics w/ the Leap. So far I'm very happy with it. Here's one looking down from the U.S. side of Niagara Falls
    Leap Camera-img_20151107_113714.jpg

Posted via CB10
    15kryptonite likes this.
    11-11-15 01:15 PM
    I'm having the same problem. But mine is when I turn the HDR on. You really have to hold it steady if you want OK pictures but other than that I'm really loving this phone and as a die hard blackberry fan I feel this phone was overlooked... the Priv was a great business move for BlackBerry... I've tried using android and yeah I just don't feel at home and I move very slow on Android phones, I find myself swiping to the right trying to close apps and navigating through that OS is just too much. BB10 is too nice and app developers should invest in it and develop more apps for it because that's one of the main reasons why android is winning this race...

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 01:53 PM
    That's a dope picture damn...

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 01:53 PM
    Hey there,
    First off I'm a previous BB user with 8520,9300,Z10 and now Leap. Pretty much have never used anything else.

I'm just concerned or want to check with other Leap users if it's just my Leap in particular or in a general a bad camera.

My Z10 takes much better photos especially the Auto Focus. It seems very slow to Auto focus, I have to take 3 or 4 pics to get the focus right. I like my photos and the Z10 with a 5mp was very good and thought the 8mp 'upgrade' would be better hence me paying a bit more and getting the Leap rather than the Z3.

I now feel a bit disappointed. I'm hoping that it's only my one - maybe a problem I can take it in and get it checked or is this a problem on this phone or a setting I've screwed up.

On a side note - on the Priv and BlackBerry idea of using Android. If I wanted Android I would have bought an Android phone. BB10 if a far better OS and I'm so used to it. If some just take the time to know it and get used to it...I can't use an Android.

With Apps I laugh cos like many (and my wife's LG G4), you buy the phone, download 100's of Apps and then the phone goes like a tortoise. Then you disable all Data to those Apps then remove them and you back at the start.

I just need a few basic apps and I'm good. Twitter, Foursquare and BBM - thanks...

Posted with CB10 : STR100-1 : 10.3.2.2474
    Let's first start off by saying the BlackBerry Z10 has a 8mp Camera and NOT a 5mp as you said.

While the Leap does have the same Mega-Pixel count & Aperture size as the Z10 (8mp & F2.2) I feel the Z10 or Z30 have a better sensor. Which can take better shots.

For me, I'm only able to compare my Leap to my Q5. I can say without a doubt that my Leaps camera is better than my Q5. Especially when taking photos in low light.

Maybe try cleaning the glass around the camera lens and possibly upgrading to the latest OS.

Hopefully this helps

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 02:17 AM
    I haven't tried taking any pictures with my Leap yet, but after I'd been messing with it for about a week, I noticed that there was still a piece of protective film over the camera lens and the rest of that shiny black panel it sits in. It was hard to see, the light had to hit it just right.

Maybe that's your camera's problem?
    11-15-15 02:34 PM
    From my experience I usually get surprized by BB's pictures. They usually make decent pictures with real colours. Pictures are clear and quite sharp. I think these are quite good pictures realizing camera isn't the target that these phones point on.
    11-18-15 02:33 PM