Anyone else not able to backup their Leap over USB? I have tried everything short of wiping my device which I'd rather not do. Just wanted to know if I'm the only one. I receive an error "backup could not be completed, please check to see that device is connected". However my Leap displays as connected in Link. My PC is windows 8.1...is that the issue? Thanks everybody

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 10:20 PM
    Usually that's a rogue app messing it up. If you have the patience to watch the backup as it goes, you may spot the moment the thing fails and catch the name of the culprit.

It's usually an android app, but I have seen native apps mess up backups before.

Play around and remove a few apps from the backup if you can't pinpoint the one causing it.
    06-15-15 10:45 PM
    Thanks. I have the Google Play Store loaded, wonder if that's causing it

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 01:13 PM
    Had the same problem. I unistalled link from computer (windows 7) and all BlackBerry software. Then plugged leap back in and Re installed software from leap autoplay.
    I was however not able to complete a device switch. In the end I had to wipe phone and restored it from a backup file of my prior phone.
    Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 08:47 PM
    I had the same problem. Couldn't do a device switch. Also couldn't back up my old device and restore to new one. Had to manually transfer everything.

Most stuff was on SD card, but apps had to be re downloaded . Tried un-installing and reinstalling the Link software a few times, to no avail.

Was trying to go Q10 to Leap.

Frustrating since the Link software always worked before.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 12:51 PM