Hi Guys,

Back in August I said what I thought was a farewell, having replaced my trusty but faltering Leap with a Wileyfox (cyanogen). Wow, I was impressed, but not as much as my teenage son, who pleaded with me for the Wileyfox. As a weekday Passport user a deal was struck (still waiting for the car washes!). Within 2 weeks I realised I missed the convenience of the Leap, my weekend buddy was gone.

After a couple of wipes and reloads the Leap left back into action and so far is holding out, my buddy is back! So for me, it's weekdays on my Passport and weekends on my Leap. I'm happy.

Along the way I also tried my wife's old Samsung Note 3 - great device but, that oh so cluttered overlay, nah too much hassle.

So bb10 still good for me, all the apps I currently need I can get and the elegance of the OS is key to my productivity. Kudos to BlackBerry for their Android hub - most impressive and when BB10 is long since gone that will be where I head. But not just now.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 03:16 AM
    A couple of weeks ago I was telling a couple of other BB users that I was planning on getting a Leap as a backup if the price came down, and I got some attitude in return. My cousin uses one as a full time device and with exception of the compass and a couple of other minor apps it performs flawlessly and would make a perfect back up for me.
    10-30-16 07:53 AM
    I've been using a Leap for over a year now and all in all I like it. BB10 is what I really like and I wish BlackBerry would come up with new BB10 phones, but I think I'll have to get another "new" Leap in the future or go to BlackBerry Android. I am reluctant to get an Android device though as I do love how BB10 OS works.

Leap with 10.3.2.2474
    jope28 likes this.
    10-30-16 01:40 PM
    Had my leap for over a year....never had an issue...very underrated phone

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-01-16 04:20 PM
    If you like the leap why not get a Z30.. it is a leap but better. some have wireless charging and all are miracast capable (I think) - definitely HDMI out.
    11-01-16 07:31 PM
    If you like the leap why not get a Z30.. it is a leap but better. some have wireless charging and all are miracast capable (I think) - definitely HDMI out.
    Leaps got a much nicer screen than the Z30. Z30 screen is just awful. It won't go bright enough and won't go dim enough. It sucks.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 08:07 PM
    I have been using a leap for over a year now and find the phone is robust and very simple to use. No bells and whistles but reliable. I recently purchased a dtek50 simply for the apps that don't work or work well on bb10. I forward the number of that phone to my leap and use that as my main, it is still unmatched for emails, sms and calls. Oh and by the way the leap has the best battery life of any phone that I have ever used. ( Every person I know who has a Samsung has complained about battery life).

Posted via CB10
    shrungesh likes this.
    11-02-16 07:28 AM
    I have been using a leap for over a year now and find the phone is robust and very simple to use. No bells and whistles but reliable. I recently purchased a dtek50 simply for the apps that don't work or work well on bb10. I forward the number of that phone to my leap and use that as my main, it is still unmatched for emails, sms and calls. Oh and by the way the leap has the best battery life of any phone that I have ever used. ( Every person I know who has a Samsung has complained about battery life).

Posted via CB10
    Agree with all of that. I'd say that battery life is at least as good as the Passport, probably better.
    And the camera is excellent for an 8mp shooter & considering the phone's price point.
    A no nonsense, honest & under-rated device.
    11-02-16 08:56 AM
    This is true, but in some ways the Leap is better: easier to hold with a grip, better screen. But the Z30 has far better speakers and memory and that hdmi outlet. Depends on how you use your phone the most, and whether the screen visibility difference affects you.
    Janiso likes this.
    11-02-16 10:11 AM
    Had my leap for over a year....never had an issue...very underrated phone

Posted via CB10
    Definitely underrated, I've had mine for 12 months and is brill.
    11-02-16 10:27 AM
    I loved my Z30, never had an issue with the screen. I rank it as one of the best BBs I have ever used. There was a fluidity to it and a beauty to use. The antenna and yet to be bettered in any BlackBerry I've used since.
    11-03-16 11:33 AM
    This is true, but in some ways the Leap is better: easier to hold with a grip, better screen. But the Z30 has far better speakers and memory and that hdmi outlet. Depends on how you use your phone the most, and whether the screen visibility difference affects you.
    Z30 has a rubbery back and it is also easy to hold. The screen has also the same resolution and its graphic processor is better

Posted through my BlackBerry
    11-17-16 08:47 AM
    It looks, feels and works like a work phone rather than a blingy consumer phone (read: most other Androids)
    11-17-16 12:34 PM
    Z30 has a rubbery back and it is also easy to hold. The screen has also the same resolution and its graphic processor is better
    Posted through my BlackBerry
    The white Z30 is as slippery as a wet bar of soap, but a cover fixes that.

The screen resolution may be the same but there's something different . The Z30 cant overcome the brightness of a sunny day. I am not saying the Leap is BETTER, I just seem to like using it better, while thinking the Z30 was the best touchscreen smartphone ever made.
    11-18-16 09:49 AM
    11 month use bb leap...still in great condition....despite low spec but all is smooth..i dont know why it moves in smooth,maybe the system bb10 not need high spec to run it..all is well..battery life can go through a day..simple,easy,smooth but for selfie is bad....this phone is not for selfie

Blackberry leap
    anon(9169048) and elfabio80 like this.
    11-18-16 11:20 PM
    Agree wholeheartedly: the Leap is very underrated! For basic everyday use, as a backup or used simply for a change in BB10 devices, one can't go wrong with the Leap. Score one at a good price and it's a device that is a real little workhorse and it won't break your heart (or wallet) if it is broken, lost or stolen. I have a Z30 (my fav), a Classic and have used the Z10 and Q5 in the early days of BB10, yet still love the Leap for its form-factor, display, feel, battery life and all around user experience. Yes, there are "better" devices available, but the Leap is quite capable of allowing one to enjoy the BlackBerry experience without breaking the bank.
    11-19-16 11:12 AM
    What's up with the rest of the world???? Does everyone really love spending $500-800 on a phone?

Leap is / was perfect for me, first full-screen smartphone and typing is quite ok. Just using different languages is hard with the standard dictionary in place. Other than that, great device, bought it on Amazon and also got my girlfriend hooked. It also feels really well thanks to the grip-layer on the back. The battery takes me through the workday, charge it every night. Price/quality is perfectly balanced and working with BB10 is so easy, everything seems to go so smoothly...so sad that BB is not pursuing that OS more/better. I also got the play store installed, and the apps that I need run well (no games, video or music apps).This device and it's OS could be a real good alternative for android and apple phones, but sadly the perception with the broad public is exactly the opposite.
    elfabio80 and carullo like this.
    11-23-16 09:36 AM
    Leap uses micro sim card and most others use the nano. How do you have leap as a backup phone....unless u have 2 active sim cards? Do some carriers do that?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-16 02:55 PM
    There Sim adapters that allow you to use a nano sim in phones that require micro sim cards. Pretty simple stuff.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 08:31 PM
    +1

Posted through my  Z30
    12-02-16 11:03 PM
    Leaps got a much nicer screen than the Z30. Z30 screen is just awful. It won't go bright enough and won't go dim enough. It sucks.

Posted via CB10
    It is caused by AMOLED. They are simply two different kinds of display technology. I do prefer the LCD on Leap, but the display of Z30 is better built and the rest of specifications speaks definitely for Z30. A new one is rare, though.

Posted through my  Z30
    12-02-16 11:10 PM
    Leap uses micro sim card and most others use the nano. How do you have leap as a backup phone....unless u have 2 active sim cards? Do some carriers do that?

Posted via CB10
    SIM adapters.
    12-13-16 10:42 AM
    I wish I could share you sentiments when it comes to the Leap's battery life.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 04:55 AM