I have BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2 and incompatible to China mobile 4G (TD-LTE130MHz,1880MHz,1900MHz) network .I plan to buy Leap that consist of TD LTE network is compatible to China mobile 4G network but I check with local BlackBerry dealer ,the Leap is confirmed incompatible to China mobile 4G. I'm confused of TD LTE .anyone expert ,please advise. Thank you!

BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2
    05-12-15 11:30 PM
    No BlackBerry past or present has TD-LTE. Future is unknown.
    yeo123 likes this.
    05-12-15 11:43 PM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Perhaps the planned BlackBerry OSLO.. China specific Passport ... is the one you will want....

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 12:23 AM
    Maybe this thread will help. There's a few explanation to why there's an incompatibility issue. Currently there is no BlackBerry phone that will work on China Mobile.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-1-a-1015037/

Even China Mobile 3rd generation network is not compatible with the 3rd generation HSPA. China wanted to be different and created a different technology called TD-SCDMA. Sorry but none of the world's 3G and 4G phones will work with China largest telecom.
    Last edited by thymaster; 05-13-15 at 05:27 AM.
    yeo123 likes this.
    05-13-15 05:13 AM
    Maybe this thread will help. There's a few explanation to why there's an incompatibility issue. Currently there is no BlackBerry phone that will work on China Mobile.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-1-a-1015037/

Even China Mobile 3rd generation network is not compatible with the 3rd generation HSPA. China wanted to be different and created a different technology called TD-SCDMA. Sorry but none of the world's 3G and 4G phones will work with China largest telecom.
    Not much different than Verizon still requiring phones to be certified. At least China Mobile accepts unlocked phones that has those bands which are available in Hong Kong. Verizon just shuns you.

OP,your only way out is to switch to China Unicom, which uses 4G FD-LTE, if you really want the Leap.
    yeo123 likes this.
    05-13-15 07:44 AM
    Verizon isn't certifying it's phone but they are making sure the phones are compatible with it's 3rd generation CDMA EVDO. It's LTE network is still too young and is limited in coverage. Therefore, it needs to have phones that have a chipset that can easily switch between both networks. Give them a couple more years when their LTE coverage will be almost as good as their CDMA network, they will turn on LTE voice and there you can use any unlocked LTE phones on their network.

Not much different than Verizon still requiring phones to be certified. At least China Mobile accepts unlocked phones that has those bands which are available in Hong Kong. Verizon just shuns you.

OP,your only way out is to switch to China Unicom, which uses 4G FD-LTE, if you really want the Leap.
    05-13-15 02:08 PM
    Verizon isn't certifying it's phone but they are making sure the phones are compatible with it's 3rd generation CDMA EVDO. It's LTE network is still too young and is limited in coverage. Therefore, it needs to have phones that have a chipset that can easily switch between both networks. Give them a couple more years when their LTE coverage will be almost as good as their CDMA network, they will turn on LTE voice and there you can use any unlocked LTE phones on their network.
    And I call BS on that. They only want you to buy phones from them, the only reason for a whitelist.

VoLTE isn't even being used on most 3GPP based networks today, so any LTE phone on a 3GPP network by de-facto can switch between HSPA and LTE for voice and data. There's no technical difference other than replacing HSPA with 1xEVDO.

Even years ago before LTE, the CDMA 2000 standard outlines the use of R-UIMs (Removable User Identification Modules) in the same fashion as SIM cards in GSM. There is no technical reason why a Verizon 1x phone is incompatible with a Sprint 1x phones, in fact these phones have all been flashed to work with MetroPCS and China Telecom successfully.

It all comes down to money and the ability to lock you into contracts perpetually. Ever wonder why Verizon doesn't give you a discount even if you bring an old off-contract phone to them?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-13-15 10:21 PM
    And I call BS on that. They only want you to buy phones from them, the only reason for a whitelist.

VoLTE isn't even being used on most 3GPP based networks today, so any LTE phone on a 3GPP network by de-facto can switch between HSPA and LTE for voice and data. There's no technical difference other than replacing HSPA with 1xEVDO.

Even years ago before LTE, the CDMA 2000 standard outlines the use of R-UIMs (Removable User Identification Modules) in the same fashion as SIM cards in GSM. There is no technical reason why a Verizon 1x phone is incompatible with a Sprint 1x phones, in fact these phones have all been flashed to work with MetroPCS and China Telecom successfully.

It all comes down to money and the ability to lock you into contracts perpetually. Ever wonder why Verizon doesn't give you a discount even if you bring an old off-contract phone to them?
    Sound that you guys are IT experts and knowledge of mobile networks. I'm seen the mainland china mobile claimed owned 3G network but was actually was 2G. In 2000 years the china mobile had created and invention owned mobile 3G network. But they improvised for many years of 3G network was unsuccessful.

BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2
    05-14-15 11:11 PM
    There are only 2 carriers in the US that operate a TD-LTE network in other words LTEAdvanced, 1 is Sprint , the 2nd is AT&T. Basically TD-LTE uses the same frequency for up and down, in which TD stands for Time Division, like a wifi network. This is a example of a TD-LTE channel on Sprint.

Incompatible to China mobile 4G network.-wp_20141213_001.jpg
    yeo123 likes this.
    05-15-15 10:27 AM
    Sound that you guys are IT experts and knowledge of mobile networks. I'm seen the mainland china mobile claimed owned 3G network but was actually was 2G. In 2000 years the china mobile had created and invention owned mobile 3G network. But they improvised for many years of 3G network was unsuccessful.

BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2
    China Mobile does have have 3G, but it runs on TD-SCDMA UMTS, so most phones don't work on it since it's used in China only. Same situation as TD-LTE, but TD-LTE is used a bit outside of China.
    thymaster and yeo123 like this.
    05-15-15 01:42 PM