I just got the leap and I put my passport away and I don't regret it one bit. Sure I miss the screen and the PKB with all those nice shortcuts and time savers but the leap is nice. I'm not going to lie it lags and stuff but it's still good in my eyes. I tried the z30 and I couldn't make a connection, it's the total opposite this time around I'm actually feeling the VKB it just understands my typing and I find that amazing!

Posted via CB10
    playbookster and nick13b like this.
    07-09-15 11:37 PM
    Glad you are happy with your Leap. The Z30 has possibly the best vkb in the business. Surprised you didn't all in love with it. I have.
    Bonnie Bonzai and tanzarian like this.
    07-10-15 07:52 AM
    I just got the leap and I put my passport away and I don't regret it one bit. Sure I miss the screen and the PKB with all those nice shortcuts and time savers but the leap is nice. I'm not going to lie it lags and stuff but it's still good in my eyes. I tried the z30 and I couldn't make a connection, it's the total opposite this time around I'm actually feeling the VKB it just understands my typing and I find that amazing!

Posted via CB10
    Leap is a Great device. I have an Z30 too. Both running on the latest Beta OS. I find no performance differential.

Posted via CB10
    nick13b and brunoxrs like this.
    07-10-15 09:00 AM
    Glad you are happy with your Leap. The Z30 has possibly the best vkb in the business. Surprised you didn't all in love with it. I have.
    My thing with the z30 was the body for some reason or another I couldn't get used to it. But I'm having fun with the leap that's the most important part right! I'm sure if I try one out now I might feel differently

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 12:12 PM
    I just don't get leap never did like the flaps at the side. Love my Z30 but actually thinking of a passport if it is the last and greatest bb10 device. In 30 years it will be worth a fortune.
    07-10-15 12:19 PM
    Lol I just laugh when people try to say I see no difference in performance from z30 the z30 is way fast sorry leapers

Posted via CB10
    nick13b likes this.
    07-10-15 02:49 PM
    Yeah but what has to do with liking the leap. My passport is a beast. At no time is this a competition just the z30 didn't feel as good in my hands as the leap does. Go figure everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Posted via CB10
    brunoxrs and Deitzanova like this.
    07-10-15 04:39 PM
    Yeah but what has to do with liking the leap. My passport is a beast. At no time is this a competition just the z30 didn't feel as good in my hands as the leap does. Go figure everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Well said my sentiments exactly.. why does it have to be a competition...

Posted via CB10
    brunoxrs likes this.
    07-10-15 05:06 PM
    Well said my sentiments exactly.. why does it have to be a competition...

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't it's just that to me at least opting for everything that's new is as silly as focusing purely on specs - Or even more so. I have considered the white Passport. But I would never consider the Leap as I would see it as a downgrade from my Z30. Don't get me wrong I respect people right to be collectors and one of each model and each color even. Actually I find the Q5 kind of sexy as I've seen one in the wild, and it does it's job of being a cost effective keyboard phone. But all of the people complaining about their Passport all of a sudden seems far more agonizing than people hurrying about their Passports when they were the first to have them - Saying it was the only phone of the universe.
    07-10-15 05:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    07-12-15 01:00 AM
    So I went back to my PP I packed up the leap and will be sending it to my nephew in Georgia. I think the Leap is a really nice phone for someone who is making the transition from let's say bb07 or q5 and maybe even the z10. In all reality after using my PP since February I cannot just let it sit in its box lol! I had a great time using the leap and the touchscreen is amazing BlackBerry nailed it in my eyes let's see what the slider brings

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 07:48 AM
    Lol I just laugh when people try to say I see no difference in performance from z30 the z30 is way fast sorry leapers

Posted via CB10
    Be truthful to yourself. Do you own a Leap along side a Z30???

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 09:06 AM
    I do!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 09:08 AM
    I boxed my Z10 about two months ago and moved to the Leap. Never regretted it. It is my main phone and it has performed as expected and then some. The screen, the battery, it's functionality, design and form clicked with me and so far I am more than satisfied with it.

Glad that you experienced the Leap. At least you have a valid reason for returning it and your explanation is clear cut and informative. You forgo putting down those who chose to buy the Leap instead of the Z30 or whatever other motive people seem to cling on as in reasons for another slight against a device no-one is forcing them to buy or even try out.

Good luck to you.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    07-15-15 07:43 PM
    I boxed my Z10 about two months ago and moved to the Leap. Never regretted it. It is my main phone and it has performed as expected and then some. The screen, the battery, it's functionality, design and form clicked with me and so far I am more than satisfied with it.

Glad that you experienced the Leap. At least you have a valid reason for returning it and your explanation is clear cut and informative. You forgo putting down those who chose to buy the Leap instead of the Z30 or whatever other motive people seem to cling on as in reasons for another slight against a device no-one is forcing them to buy or even try out.

Good luck to you.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    BTW I didn't return it to BlackBerry I'm shipping it to my nephew there is absolutely nothing wrong with that phone it's a keeper must stay within the family lol thanks for having my back!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 09:26 PM
    Let me guess... TS a gamer? Haa~~~ try playing FPS game on square shaped screen with keyboard acting as a hurdle to the control on the screen... duh... what an "experience".
    07-18-15 03:53 AM
    I use both, the Passport is still too good to not use. I like both phones for what they're good at.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 07:01 PM
    I have just swapped over from the passport to the leap. The form factor of the passport was the deal breaker for me, it was just far to wide! Trying to carry that thing around was becoming a pain so I decided to make the switch.
    I didn't know what to expect from the leap but I have been really surprised at how good this phone is, the screen is fantastic also the camera takes better pictures than the passport in my opinion. I'm not sure if it was a software thing but they never seemed to turn out right.
    As far as not having Nfc I never use it so I'm not really missing that feature and using All cast from the Google play store is a great way of getting round not having support for the slim port. Miracast never seems to work properly for me but this app works perfectly.
    So all I can say is I have been well happy with my purchase it is just a pity that this phone gets such a bad rap!, for �200 I think it is a bargain.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 02:33 PM
    Sorry pkb, vkb rocks!
    07-27-15 02:40 PM
    Leap is a Great device. I have an Z30 too. Both running on the latest Beta OS. I find no performance differential.

Posted via CB10
    Don't have a leap but for performance you'll notice it if you run android apps or if you're a heavy user.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 04:53 PM
    Happy for everyone who likes their BlackBerry Leap, but personally I cannot understand why it would appeal to anyone.

It's a Z10 with a bigger (but poorer quality) screen and bigger battery. A 2012 spec device in 2015 for �200.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 05:03 PM

It's a Z10 with a bigger (but poorer quality) screen
    100% subjective opinion.

Posted via Leap on Wind
    07-27-15 11:45 PM
    100% subjective opinion.

Posted via Leap on Wind
    Ok then, it's a Z3 with Z10 innards.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 02:27 PM
    This begs the question when are we going to get an all touch device that has decent hardware?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 08:01 AM
    I recently switched back to the leap before selling it to my sister originally it was going to go to my nephew but the plans changed so I used it for 3 nights straight and I appreciated even more than I did the first time when I put this post up. So I'm taking a loss because I sold it for 200 but I'm going to add the rest and get me the grey Leap that's going to definitely be a keeper for me I had a Classic and it's still in the family and I appreciated the track pad I still have an 9900 but bb10 is about the ability to swipe lol and for the past two times I transitioned from the pp to leap I don't mind however when I go back to the pp I feel as if this is where I belong! Oh and BTW I have been using a sim adapter and it has worked fine for me!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 09:43 PM
27 12