Hi guys, use Q10 as a daily driver, but hence we have no PlayBook 2 in the Market looking for a "tablets like". Main needs are photos, multimedia, not edition, but albums, as well as e-books and reading, bit of multimedia but intention is to have a "wi fi" only phone to use at home for browsing or stuff like that when needed some extra screen. I'd love a passport but can't justify the price paid for basic needs, so, would you guys recommend the leap for those needs instead of a 7" tablet?

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    08-07-15 08:47 AM
    Btw, I do not intend to have heaps of apps as well, basically, maybe 10 more of what already comes with it.

08-07-15 08:54 AM
    Please note I love blackberry and still use occasionally my playbook. I have a classic, tried the touch phones but for a phablet I think Samsung Note beats all down for what is. I don't think the Leap would be good enough for a tablet use. The Z30 perhaps due to the bigger screen might be a better candidate.

Demetriis

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 02:01 PM
    Please note I love blackberry and still use occasionally my playbook. I have a classic, tried the touch phones but for a phablet I think Samsung Note beats all down for what is. I don't think the Leap would be good enough for a tablet use. The Z30 perhaps due to the bigger screen might be a better candidate.

Demetriis

Posted via CB10
    The leap and z30 have the same size screen.
    08-07-15 02:31 PM
    Hi guys, use Q10 as a daily driver, but hence we have no PlayBook 2 in the Market looking for a "tablets like". Main needs are photos, multimedia, not edition, but albums, as well as e-books and reading, bit of multimedia but intention is to have a "wi fi" only phone to use at home for browsing or stuff like that when needed some extra screen. I'd love a passport but can't justify the price paid for basic needs, so, would you guys recommend the leap for those needs instead of a 7" tablet?

The Q10 used to be my daily driver. I replaced it with the Leap a few weeks ago, and never looked back.

I thought I would have issues with the virtual keyboard, but it is actually really nice to type on. I prefer it over the virtual keyboard on the iPhone or Android phones.

The screen size is really nice on the Leap. The screen is bright, and he phone is not very expensive.

I loaded up my Leap with Google Play and haven't yet found an app that I wanted that doesn't work acceptably.

It's a budget phone, but for me, it completely replaced my use of my Q10. I love it.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-07-15 02:37 PM
    The leap is definitely a phone. Not a tablet. A tablet should have a minimum of 7.0" inches to be considered one.

The leap is a great phone. I wouldn't use it as a tablet as you might be disappointed. Rather invest the cash in a iPad mini which has a much bigger screen.

Via Blackberry Leap OS 10.3.2.2339
    08-07-15 03:07 PM
    The leap is definitely a phone. Not a tablet. A tablet should have a minimum of 7.0" inches to be considered one.

The leap is a great phone. I wouldn't use it as a tablet as you might be disappointed. Rather invest the cash in a iPad mini which has a much bigger screen.

No point wasting money on an overpriced iPad, which really does very little. You are better off on android or windows tablets
    nick13b likes this.
    08-07-15 03:49 PM
    No point wasting money on an overpriced iPad, which really does very little. You are better off on android or windows tablets
    It might be overpriced, but it's a quality product. Windows tabs are nice too.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 04:05 PM
    It might be overpriced, but it's a quality product. Windows tabs are nice too.

Posted via CB10
    Depending on the model it can be a quality product, but also extremely limited. I do have the iPad 3 retina and I find its particularly useless, no file viewer and basically a large iphone, not to mention the terrible keyboard (but all tablets have terrible keyboards). It's not very friendly with bluetooth either. If it could run mac os instead it would be much more worthwhile.
    08-07-15 07:28 PM

I'm not saying "it's a tablet", I just want a bigger screen than a Q10 for a "Internet only device" that isn't my laptop. A 5.0" could well fit into my needs. But thanks for your input.

08-07-15 08:37 PM
    I'm not saying "it's a tablet", I just want a bigger screen than a Q10 for a "Internet only device" that isn't my laptop. A 5.0" could well fit into my needs. But thanks for your input.

Oh yeah, if you just looking a for bigger screen than your Q10 it's a good way to go

I find it hard to do texting while lying down since the device is quite large to hold. But for internet usage and watching videos it's great! Would definitely recommend it. If I keep it on Wifi I easily make 2 days battery life.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.2.2339
    08-08-15 12:46 AM
    If you are looking for the Leap to be a straight out replacement for the PlayBook...it isn't. I have one, a BlackBerry Leap, and am satisfied with it and the use I'm getting out of it.

But as a owner of a PlayBook, if you are looking for the Leap as a tablet...it isn't.

You would be better off with a BlackBerry Passport for that. If BlackBerry ever released an all-touch version of the Passport I would be inclined to look at such a device as more of a successor for the PlayBook.

As of now the Leap can be enjoyed (or not) as a standalone device based on its merits.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    08-10-15 05:47 PM
    Actually, I got a Microsoft Surface 3 a few months ago and as a device it blows out-of-the-water anything Samsung or Apple have to offer. If you can, I would rather save my money and invest it in one of those. With the Windows 10 OS upgrade it is even better.

Oh yeah and BlackBerry Blend works excellent on it...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Last edited by adonesc; 08-11-15 at 11:09 AM.
    08-10-15 05:51 PM

I like the leap as a phone! As a very nice budget friendly phone that does more for me than a more expensive phone. I also like my passport if anything that's the one you should want to be looking at if you want to replace your tablet. I just got a LG tablet the other day and I put it down two weeks later and used my pp as my tablet and now I'm using the leap and put the pp away and the tablet and use a Dell with the leap and going to order the silver pp next week and switch my black pp for a classic!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 11:20 PM

Windows and Android do more than a girly ipad.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    08-25-15 05:29 PM
    What I decided to do for a tablet was, to get a tablet. So, I have a Surface Pro 3. As far as a BlackBerry that could arguably be considered a 'phablet', that's the Passport for me, soon to be an SE.

Posted via CB10
    adonesc likes this.
    08-25-15 06:29 PM