Two questions.

Will a unlocked Telus blackberry leap work with wind mobile .. I recently bought one and I am using unlockunit to unlock it however they advised they were having trouble finding an unlock code ....I called Telus to request an unlock code however they said u need to have an account for them to provide a code for u. Unlockunit is still investigating.

The phone is not blacklisted or anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mohammad Unas; 06-02-15 at 08:44 PM.
    06-02-15 08:24 PM
    Yes, a Telus Leap will work on WIND once you get it unlocked.

Do you know someone who's a Telus customer? Maybe they could put in their SIM card and call Telus to request a code.
    06-02-15 09:17 PM
    Thank you very much for your reply. I was thinking about that... thanks for the suggestion... I will wait for unlockunit to get back to me and if they can't figure it out I will def try your suggestion...

Thanks for letting me know that it works on wind that's a relief.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 09:35 PM
    Ya you should try and get Telus too unlock. They are the cheapest right now. $35. I also suggest BlackBerry code source for unlocking.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 10:52 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. So unlockunit keeps asking me for proof of payment which I sent to them 2wice. Still no unlock code from them. I can't seem to find anyone with a Telus device.

I need a phone ASAP. Visited the blackberry source code. The leap is not listed on there. Can't seem to figure this one out

Any suggestions

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 04:18 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. So unlockunit keeps asking me for proof of payment which I sent to them 2wice. Still no unlock code from them. I can't seem to find anyone with a Telus device.

I need a phone ASAP. Visited the blackberry source code. The leap is not listed on there. Can't seem to figure this one out

Any suggestions
    Hmmm. In addition to BBCS, I checked two more unlocking websites. None of them have the Leap as an option yet. So my guess is that it's too new at the moment. If unlockunit is dicking you around, just initiate a chargeback (I hope you paid with a credit card...)

So, unfortunately, Telus may just be the only option right now.

If the seller was a third party, is approaching them to contact Telus an option?
    06-03-15 05:47 PM
    Hmmm. In addition to BBCS, I checked two more unlocking websites. None of them have the Leap as an option yet. So my guess is that it's too new at the moment. If unlockunit is dicking you around, just initiate a chargeback (I hope you paid with a credit card...)

So, unfortunately, Telus may just be the only option right now.

If the seller was a third party, is approaching them to contact Telus an option?
    Have you considered getting it unlocked and directly from BlackBerry? Mind you I'm buying my devices upfront because I'm on a prepaid service with no monthly contract , and pay full price for them. I got my Leap from BlackBerry, since my carrier (Fido) no longer has any Blackberries on sale. So when I wanted to change my Z10, I by-passed them and went straight to BlackBerry.

So far so good. Don't need a code, nothing. Just swapped my SIMcard (from the Z10 to the Leap). Afterwards, I did a back-up of my Z10 then transferred all the info on my Leap (using BlackBerry Link). All your apps, contacts and even profiles go onto the new phone. It still took some tweaking here and there, but by enlarge it is OK. Presto. Didn't have to go to the store and have some sales rep trying to pimp me the latest Apple products or peddle Samsung phones...Bought my own accessories on-line and that's that.

Besides, an unlocked phone means you get all the OS updates directly from BlackBerry and are no longer dependent on your carrier.

If you travel to Europe or the States (and elsewhere) you are not tied to your carrier and have to worry about roaming charges and the ungodly fees companies like Telus, Rogers, Bell and others charge Canadians who travel abroad. You just buy a local, prepaid SIMcard and swap the one you have from your carrier with one from the country you are in...

I don't know if this clarifies things for you or helps in any way shape or form...but good luck in any case!

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    06-03-15 08:39 PM
    I think you bought an factory unlocked one off BlackBerry website. I wish I would have initially done just that... I'm so far in now... I have already asked two unlocking websites for assistance and have paid for their services... all devices have an unlock code right? Just weird I have never had an issues with unlocking previous BlackBerry devices.

Is it because the leap is a newer phone... I just hope I can get this unlocked soon.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 08:59 PM
    Is it because the leap is a newer phone... I just hope I can get this unlocked soon.
    I think so. Like I said, I checked BBCS, cellunlock.net and quickphoneunlock.com, none of them explicitly list the Leap as a phone they take unlock requests for. I just checked freemyblackberry.com and they don't have it either. The only place I saw that had the "Z20" was unlockthatphone.com, and I doubt they really have it--despite being the "#1 cell phone unlocking company on the planet."

I think unlockunit is just trying to buy time, and the unlockers haven't received/generated codes yet.
    06-03-15 09:55 PM

Besides, an unlocked phone means you get all the OS updates directly from BlackBerry and are no longer dependent on your carrier.
    Unfortunately not.

A SIM-unlocked phone will not get you direct updates. You're still locked into your carrier for that.

A FACTORY-unlocked device will get direct updates however. You have to purchase those from ShopBlackberry or Amazon.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    06-03-15 10:04 PM
    Hey Guys,

Just an update, We are unlocking the leap and the service will be updated on the site this weekend.

If you need any help pm or email anytime Sean @ BlackberryCodeSource.com

Cheers,

Sean

Any suggestions

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 03:02 AM
    Unfortunately not.

A SIM-unlocked phone will not get you direct updates. You're still locked into your carrier for that.

A FACTORY-unlocked device will get direct updates however. You have to purchase those from ShopBlackberry or Amazon.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    Yes, you are right. I got mine factory unlocked, directly from BlackBerry...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    06-06-15 05:17 AM
    conite and adonesc are 100% correct, you need a blackberry/amazon direct factory unlocked unit in order to get updates from Blackberry, otherwise you will get them from the network
    06-06-15 05:37 AM
    Hi there. The Telus Blackberry leap comes unlocked and does work with wind.
    06-10-15 10:32 PM
    Hey Mohammad Unas,

I sent you the code a couple days ago Did you use it yet? Please update, it's exciting to be able to unlock the Leap

Any suggestions

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 05:16 AM
    Try getunlocked.com

They unlock BB10 devices. Global unlocks. Never had an issue with them. Never.

Great company and if you select express, you get your code in two hours.

Posted from my BlackBerry Leap
    06-11-15 07:35 AM