Sorry to hear that the Leap did not conform to your needs as a customer and that you've had soo many issues with it.

I've had my BlackBerry Leap for about 4 months now and so far it has performed as I need it. I haven't had any major issues with it and for the price I paid to buy it directly and factory unlocked from BlackBerry it has been more than worth it.

I moved on to the Leap from the Z10 which I used for over 2 years. It was a great phone but I was looking for something else and the Leap came around at the right time.

The features the Leap offered were good enough and made up for those that were missing from it versus the Z10. Of course that is based on my usage or lack thereof. Personally I don't yet miss anything that I had on the Z10 and I don't have on the Leap.

I find that the Leap is, as I've said before, a very spartan, minimalist device, built with practicality and functionality in mind. For me it is a workhorse and I've used it and it has performed as such. It works fast, it lends itself quite wonderfully to multi-tasking and it helps and assists as needed in a variety of ways.

I found that after I made some practical comparisons with other more expensive counterparts from other brands it performs as well or better in many aspects.

Smartphones have now moved beyond a status symbol or accessories. For many people they have become a must, a tool very much needed in our interconnected world. Yet I don't want to slavishly dole out piles of cash to necessarily get the device with the highest specs, bells and whistles...since at their core smartphones are more alike than different and perform largely the same functions and fill the same needs.

For me the Leap is exactly that device, reasonably priced and fitting with my needs and even wants as a customer and user, especially one looking to continue the BlackBerry 10 experience.

No, it might not be the super, dupper top tier device of all time. But you know what? That is OK. I don't need it to.

Good luck to you.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Last edited by adonesc; 09-21-15 at 07:59 PM.
    lift, BigAl_BB9900 and ssbtech like this.
    09-20-15 07:29 PM
    I changed my mind, I need a device that actually works.....still keeping my leap as backup

Attachment 372121
    phone that works don't know what you mean there my wifes works great she never had any problems............you do know that just because its an apple it don't mean it wont break and don't go and say oh its an apple so it wont crap ,my mate had 3 iPhone 6s(I think it was that modal not sure all look the same) before he got a working one ........any and all phones will and do break

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 01:08 AM
    I've had the Leap since it launched and you just have to accept it for what it is. Its an entry level phone. With that being said I haven't had the browser issues with pages not opening. My advice would be to get a Z30 as they are relatively cheap now.
    09-21-15 05:31 AM
    I've had the Leap since it launched and you just have to accept it for what it is. Its an entry level phone. With that being said I haven't had the browser issues with pages not opening. My advice would be to get a Z30 as they are relatively cheap now.
    Precisely.

- Leap on Shop Blackberry (Canada) is $200 + tax + shipping.
    - z30 on Kijiji (equivalent to Kreg's list in US or Gumtree in UK), Brand New In Box, is $265 (no tax). There are more expensive offers there, but this is the cheapest I just found.

They cost almost the same, yet z30 is a superior phone in every aspect (somebody correct me if there is something I'm not aware of where the Leap is better than z30)

I'd return the Leap, and hunt for a new, unlocked z30.
    09-22-15 07:51 AM
    Precisely.

- z30 on Kijiji (equivalent to Kreg's list in US or Gumtree in UK), Brand New In Box, is $265 (no tax). There are more expensive offers there, but this is the cheapest I just found.

They cost almost the same, yet z30 is a superior phone in every aspect (somebody correct me if there is something I'm not aware of where the Leap is better than z30)

Some might say the LCD screen is better than amoled. But that's about it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-22-15 12:20 PM
    If you live in the US and want to use AT&T or T-Mobile, Then the Z30 is lacking necessary LTE bands. The Leap is far superior in that regard.
    09-22-15 02:41 PM
    I think OP's phone is indexing, which would explain the major drawback to the battery life. I would suggest to give it a week to see if things improve.
    09-25-15 07:41 AM
    I think OP's phone is indexing, which would explain the major drawback to the battery life. I would suggest to give it a week to see if things improve.
    Why in the world would any OS need days let alone a day to index? Talk about a slow azz OS if it does.
    09-25-15 08:19 AM
    Had the leap so far a few days and I'm pretty disappointed

-Battery claims 24 hours, it only last mabey 8 hours tops

-light leakage around bezel

-Slowest browser, won't even open some websites

Looks like I'm on the hunt for a new phone. I wanted to try BlackBerry again but I really don't know anymore.

Note to self: never buy a $279 phone.....ever

Posted via CB10
    Curious what device you were running before?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 08:28 AM
    Attachment 371306

Posted via CB10
    Read eddy_berry's post, especially the part about email syncing.
    09-25-15 09:41 AM
    No issue with mine light bleed or battery...best bang for the buck as far as I'm concerned.....definitely issues if battery lasts only 8 hrs....android apps???

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    09-25-15 05:01 PM
    This is a often perpetuated and completely ridiculous myth. The phone needs at most two hours to index. BlackBerry users have bee excluding lag with this indexing for days myth for ages. It's total BS.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and wojt7 like this.
    09-26-15 01:59 PM
    Precisely.

I think the Z30 only has 2 bands of LTE while the Leap has a lot more. That could be an issue.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    lift likes this.
    09-26-15 02:17 PM
    I think the Z30 only has 2 bands of LTE while the Leap has a lot more. That could be an issue.
    The North American Z30 (STA100-5) only has 3 LTE bands and only one of those bands is used in the US (Band 4, 1700 MHz). That is T-Mobiles primary LTE band but T-Mobile is now also using band 2 and band 12, which the Z30 does not have.
    AT&T only uses band 4 LTE in a few areas in the US. AT&T's primary LTE band is band 17 (700 MHz) which the Z30 also does not have.
    09-26-15 10:44 PM
    The North American Z30 (STA100-5) only has 3 LTE bands and only one of those bands is used in the US (Band 4, 1700 MHz). That is T-Mobiles primary LTE band but T-Mobile is now also using band 2 and band 12, which the Z30 does not have.
    AT&T only uses band 4 LTE in a few areas in the US. AT&T's primary LTE band is band 17 (700 MHz) which the Z30 also does not have.
    They never released the AT&T version of the Z30. So it seems like they didn't really release the Z30 across the board in the US. Was it just Verizon officially?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-26-15 11:27 PM
    They never released the AT&T version of the Z30. So it seems like they didn't really release the Z30 across the board in the US. Was it just Verizon officially?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Verizon was the only one to release the Z30 in the US. It was their version, obviously. The -3. But it has the bands for some T-Mobile coverage, because I got LTE on and off when I had one with a T-Mobile SIM. It had band 4 if I remember correctly, which Verizon core software actually managed to block for a while, then all of a sudden one day, the block on the phone was lifted, and it started working. I don't think the Z30 ever had band 12, but T-Mobile only started using band 12 recently.

The Verizon Z30 was definitely missing the main AT&T LTE band, because on that carrier, only some places got LTE, which was where they used an alternate band.

The generic GSM -30 also had T-Mobile bands, but was missing a key AT&T band.

Posted via CB10
    lift and mighthor like this.
    09-27-15 12:49 AM
    I'll be in US in a couple of months, and will be using AT&T and T-Mobile networks. I guess I'll get to find out first hand what my STA100-5 z30 is lacking when it comes to those carriers.
    lift likes this.
    09-27-15 05:27 AM
    thanks for the clarification. i knew that when in other forums that the band issues came up. I didnt know which ones though.
    lift likes this.
    09-27-15 08:38 AM
    3 days ago I sold my Lumia 640XL and bough BB Leap. I love BB10OS on the Leap its great but I'm also disappointed regarding battery life. Connected with BES12 and 2 other email accounts (pop3) and baterry life is about 13 hours but if I heavy use a browser then after 8 hours is over. BB claims that Leap has good battery life 25 hours of heavy use - what a cheat - I will wait one week and see.
    My OS version is 10.3.2.2474
    09-28-15 02:28 PM
    3 days ago I sold my Lumia 640XL and bough BB Leap. I love BB10OS on the Leap its great but I'm also disappointed regarding battery life. Connected with BES12 and 2 other email accounts (pop3) and baterry life is about 13 hours but if I heavy use a browser then after 8 hours is over. BB claims that Leap has good battery life 25 hours of heavy use - what a cheat - I will wait one week and see.
    Try to set the email in manual syncronization rather than push! It helped with my BBs!!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 05:10 AM
    Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 10:12 AM
    This is what BlackBerry actually says about the Leap battery:
    Battery Life:
    Mixed usage: Up to 25 hours
    Talk Time (UMTS): Up to 17 hours
    Standby Time: Up to 16.5 days
    (Based on mixed usage scenario. Many factors affect battery life, including network, application usage, feature configuration and battery age. Actual results may vary.)
    So mixed usage, not heavey usage.

On the average day my Leap is down to 25% battery when I plug it in at night. My wife gets two, sometimes three days out of hers. Note also that talk time is specified for a UMTS network.
    lift likes this.
    10-26-15 01:30 PM
    I'm a pretty heavy user and can get through the day easy with my Leap. It's only struggling to get to the end of the day when it's paired with my Pebble.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 08:11 AM
    Did you made some test of how many hours of regular surfing (4G/wifi) can it make? Battery is the biggest question about which I am worried of. Thank You!
    11-18-15 02:39 PM
74 123