Might sounds silly... but have you tried resetting your phone?
    I had battery drain issues with my Z30, now I reset on a regular basis, every 1-2 days.
    I used to reset using the power button, now I reset by pressing both volume up/down buttons until the device resets itself.
    09-14-15 10:46 PM
    Had the leap so far a few days and I'm pretty disappointed

-Battery claims 24 hours, it only last mabey 8 hours tops

-light leakage around bezel

-Slowest browser, won't even open some websites

Looks like I'm on the hunt for a new phone. I wanted to try BlackBerry again but I really don't know anymore.

Note to self: never buy a $279 phone.....ever

Posted via CB10
    Are you using Active Sync PUSH in the device ?

Disable or remove ur Active SYNC n check.

Or Disable Push and have polling frequency set to 5 or 15 minutes.
    09-14-15 11:51 PM
    Wow my cousins girlfriend has a leap to and she always has 30-10% left.
    Depends on how long and heavy the day was...

That browserthing isn't normal though
    I'm a heavy user with my passport (12-14h max) and my browser never goes above 20%.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 01:54 AM
    System seems much too high on battery consumption. OP, can you confirm what apps you have installed?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-15-15 02:02 AM

Looks like I'm on the hunt for a new phone. I wanted to try BlackBerry again but I really don't know anymore.

Posted via CB10
    if you buy the bottom end of any market phone they will not have the fastest of any hardware in them.......I would never of got a z3 .....you would of been better getting the z30
    09-15-15 03:18 AM
    if you buy the bottom end of any market phone they will not have the fastest of any hardware in them.......I would never of got a z3 .....you would of been better getting the z30
    As already mentioned, this is not true. Except for the Passport and the slightly better hardware specs of the Z30 all OS10 devices are pretty much the same... With the lowest end formed by the Q5 and Z3... So the performance should be absolutely fine.

The behavior of the leap seems not normal. So try to reload the OS, get an exchange device or try to benchmark the phone and compare the results with tests found on some pages..
    09-15-15 04:38 AM
    battery tip....sadly, try not to use the browser so much. It uses battery power like no other native app on BB10. I can kill my Z10 in 3-4 hours depending on what im doing in the browser
    09-15-15 09:34 AM
    battery tip....sadly, try not to use the browser so much. It uses battery power like no other native app on BB10. I can kill my Z10 in 3-4 hours depending on what im doing in the browser
    I could kill my z10 by just looking at it hahaha
    09-15-15 09:37 AM
    OP: Those top percentages from the battery Usage are way high. Maybe bring up the CPU Usage chart for the last 48 hrs as well. You could have a rogue app using the cpu.

I am not a heavy user by any stretch, but my cpu chart only has one or two high peaks under 20%.

I know when my kids play a game or three on my phone it kills the battery (Z10), but just doing email/txt/phone I get a good full day out of my device, yours should be even better.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-15-15 09:38 AM
    Im laughing at this, but its really a laugh of pain lol.
    09-15-15 11:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    In my experience it can easily take > 5 days for a new BB10 phone to 'settle down' and stop eating up your battery. It happened to me for both my Q10 (upgraded from 9900) and Passport (upgraded from Q10).

Why? Because the new phone is downloading, indexing and categorising all your content. If your new phone is still eating up the battery like mad after 7 days, I would strongly recommend either doing a security wipe and starting again, or sending it back and getting another one.
    09-15-15 12:12 PM
    I guess I'm a bit confused as to why anyone would buy a Z3 right now when the Z30 is still available some places and is more powerful and full featured.

What is it about the Z3 that could be considered "superior" to the Z30?

Take a look here: I'm not sure if this is still "live" but if you can return your Z3 with "buyers remorse" with your carrier, and this deal is still good, consider the Z30 instead. You won't be disappointed (I don't think the words "I really didn't care for my BlackBerry Z30" have ever been spoken in all of human history!)

BBZ30 $199/tx OR BBQ5 $99/tax FREE SHIP BB Employee Pricing for RFD familyRedFlagDeals.com Forums
    09-15-15 12:12 PM
    Actually he is having issues with LEAP, not Z3. Even though I had Z3 before Passport and with such a lowly device I had nothing but big battery standby on Z3, I imagine Leap should do better if not worse but OP don't seem to be paying much attention toward identifying a rough app or consider a fresh install. Software issues goes only this long with Blackberry devices and I have not really seen even low end BB phones phones to turn out lemon like other al chepo droids.
    09-15-15 01:19 PM
    All is well now, I changed push settings as mentioned earlier in the thread. I believe that helped with the battery. i picked up the cradle charger and keep it on at my desk all day just in case.

Will keep it as my main phn during the day, I really like the calender and helps with me organized day better then all of my Sony phones.

BTW the z3 i mentioned earlier was my Sony. Not the bb z3 lol

Few days in, pretty disappointed.....-img_7313.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 10:39 PM
    Having no issues with mine. No light leakage, nice and fast, all day battery life. It's only $199 on shop Blackberry and you can find 10% off coupons like I did with a quick Google search. Best phone I've ever bought for $200 or less.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 06:17 AM
    ^^^have to agree with you, for the price u really can't compare.

I wouldn't even lose any sleep if I lose the phone or Crack the screen

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 10:12 PM
    I had an old is when I got my new leap and I had a z30 before so was very skeptical to begin with. Had some issues so I quickly download the latest autoloader from here and boom I was back in business

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 10:47 AM
    My buddy's Z10 speaker packed it in so he ordered a Leap from shop BlackBerry.

He said something went wrong with upgrade, so tried autoloader and now it's in reboot loop.

Told him to buy a Z30 from staples.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 10:53 AM
    I changed my mind, I need a device that actually works.....still keeping my leap as backup

Few days in, pretty disappointed.....-img_20150919_163222.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 03:33 PM
    I changed my mind, I need a device that actually works.....still keeping my leap as backup

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150919_163222.jpg 
Views:	1080 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	372121

Posted via CB10
    What happened? What do you mean by "a device that actually works"? I have the Leap and it works great. I love everything about it except the speaker. It's poor.
    Is that the iphone 6+? Hard to tell size from the picture. Never tried an Apple before so I just pre-ordered a 6S 64GB to play around with. I still fully expect to use my Leap as my daily driver.
    09-19-15 10:48 PM
    In my experience it can easily take > 5 days for a new BB10 phone to 'settle down' and stop eating up your battery. It happened to me for both my Q10 (upgraded from 9900) and Passport (upgraded from Q10).

Why? Because the new phone is downloading, indexing and categorising all your content. If your new phone is still eating up the battery like mad after 7 days, I would strongly recommend either doing a security wipe and starting again, or sending it back and getting another one.
    Shouldn't take no 5 days unless it's a turtle.
    09-19-15 11:18 PM
    Shouldn't take no 5 days unless it's a turtle.
    ???

In English please.
    09-19-15 11:44 PM
    ???

In English please.
    Why in the world would it take 5 days for any phone to index or settle?

If it takes that long there is something wrong with it or its just plain slow.
    09-20-15 12:21 AM

All is well now, ...

Good to Hear

All is well, but all is also not well?
    09-20-15 01:05 PM
    The deal breaker was the WiFi issue at work, all my other device expect the BlackBerry will not connect to the network. Even had my i.t guy look at it, no clue.

Aside from that the browser is no good for my purpose.

The battery is not great as well. I get 100 missed calls a day, 100 sms, 200 emails etc I need something that will last me all day.

Still enjoy using it tho, I'll be using it as my back up.
    Few days in, pretty disappointed.....-img_9268.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 03:49 PM
74 123