just got my BlackBerry Passport silver edition... I don't know if I'll chose keep the Leap or Passport yet... passport feel more durable, physical keyboard is great... both phones have extremely good battery life... THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT BLACKBERRY ARE GOING TO SHUT DOWN THEIR SERVER IN 2 YEARS... so I don't know if it will affect in some ways our phone excluding the appworld...?

Posted via CB10
    kvoox likes this.
    03-01-18 11:58 PM
    Yes I know what you mean, it's up to you, it depends on whether you like the physical or the virtual keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-18 01:56 PM
    Well for the App World I got told that it will stop working by the end of 2019!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-18 01:59 PM
    Stable all round business device. Secure platform bb10. 50£ in the UK new from amazon. Much much faster than my 4s which it replaced.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-18 01:42 AM
    Just purchased one
    This will be my main phone
    I am keeping my old Classic and Passport on my desk to conduct all my work with, each one is allocated for something, and the Leap will go out with me as a phone, as a reliable BlackBerry simple phone, and not as a all- around mini computer

But it all depends on one's life, work, and priorities

Posted via CB10
    03-11-18 05:06 AM
    Well for the App World I got told that it will stop working by the end of 2019!

Posted via CB10
    It's already lost functionality going to free apps only. Even the update payment method has been glitched for over 12 months.
    03-11-18 12:15 PM
    Well my leap is my second phone, use it for phone call,whatsapp,sms and bbm.thats all...oh I forgot as a calculator is the most LOL

Posted via CB10.  Blackberry Leap STR100-1/10.3.3.2163
    03-17-18 02:34 PM
    I went back to the leap as my main driver after lacklustre battery performance from my dtek50. I do use the dtek for apps but the leap kills it for signal strength, call quality and battery life. When I am eligible in July I will decide what to get next but seeing that the k1 which is over a year old still does not have Oreo yet while so many other phones do and no nougat for dtek I don't really trust BlackBerry that way and might lean another way.
    03-21-18 05:30 AM
    I went back to the leap as my main driver after lacklustre battery performance from my dtek50. I do use the dtek for apps but the leap kills it for signal strength, call quality and battery life. When I am eligible in July I will decide what to get next but seeing that the k1 which is over a year old still does not have Oreo yet while so many other phones do and no nougat for dtek I don't really trust BlackBerry that way and might lean another way.
    Take in case the Key one black edition....forget the silver. Too many detached screens and in case your detaches as well, you may risk to get a refurbished one. Better the black.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-18 07:53 AM
    With BlackBerry devices in past, any device for that matter, I never expect anything beyond the OS it comes with. Part of my reasoning is that device is typically optimized at time of release. To me, I don’t care if my device can run newer OS, unless it can run the newer OS better or as well as the previous OS.

That being said, BBMo just received some new Android certification that includes update standards. If updates are your primary concern, you should only buy Apple or Google hardware since those companies own the OS and the other companies just license Android.
    03-23-18 09:36 AM
    With BlackBerry devices in past, any device for that matter, I never expect anything beyond the OS it comes with. Part of my reasoning is that device is typically optimized at time of release. To me, I don’t care if my device can run newer OS, unless it can run the newer OS better or as well as the previous OS.

That being said, BBMo just received some new Android certification that includes update standards. If updates are your primary concern, you should only buy Apple or Google hardware since those companies own the OS and the other companies just license Android.
    Point taken, however I find it increasingly frustrating that BlackBerry improves something and then goes back to the same mistake down the road. My point is that the the dtek 50 would be a great phone if it had a bigger battery which is a lesson BlackBerry should have learned with the z10. As a result my dtek is now an ipod or in this case a andropod. As for optimization I'd say that nougat is optimized for battery life way more than marshmallow and the idol has it.

Long live my leap!!!!!!
    03-23-18 02:05 PM
    We have just had our 'work' phones moved from Windows 10 mobiles, to er, encrypted Blackberry Leaps. The decision was made after the recent Farcebook security scares and the ability of older Androids to covertly log phone data.

Seems we're not alone, there's another post somewhere with corporates buying in Leaps. They're quite cheaps in the UK at the moment, about £70 GBP.

I'm left wondering how much functionality will be left when the BBWorld closes, but we only use company mobiles for calls/texts and secure emails, so the 'app gap' isn't an issue. No Whatsapp or third party messaging allowed.

Also there are fewer phones now with an LED notification. We use that a lot as it stops people being addicted to checking their phone screen every thirty seconds. :-)

Nice phones to use with good battery life.
    03-27-18 02:01 AM
    We have just had our 'work' phones moved from Windows 10 mobiles, to er, encrypted Blackberry Leaps. The decision was made after the recent Farcebook security scares and the ability of older Androids to covertly log phone data.
    So your company moved from a non Android platform to one that has a Android runtime built in because of the Android permission "leaks"? (technically, non Facebook apps can access that data too)
    03-27-18 10:15 AM
    So your company moved from a non Android platform to one that has a Android runtime built in because of the Android permission "leaks"? (technically, non Facebook apps can access that data too)
    What do you mean: 'technically'? The phones are workspace-only locked, have a VPN, and we can't install any apps.

BES12: 'The work space doesn't support BlackBerry Runtime for Android apps.'
    03-28-18 01:47 AM
    What do you mean: 'technically'? The phones are workspace-only locked, have a VPN, and we can't install any apps.

The Android permission the Facebook app used to access call and SMS data is open to all Android apps, Facebook is perhaps the most recognizable app to use it but others likely use/used it as well.

Windows 10 isn't impacted by this issue and they don't have an Android runtime which is why I thought it was a bit odd that your company would migrate to BB10, it just seems like more work to get the same result (especially now as both platforms will essentially be EOL in 2019, iOS might have been a better choice).
    03-28-18 10:24 AM
    Just got a Leap through eBay last week and playing around with it now. Still in love with BlackBerry OS10. Such a shame support continues to dwindle.

I'm in the market to get a Passport Silver Edition but those are hard to come by.
    04-03-18 12:40 AM

Possibly something to do with BES12 and NIAP certification, both of which we are required to use. It's not possible to install Android apps on the phones and everything is VPN'd.
    04-03-18 02:14 AM

Seems we're not alone, there's another post somewhere with corporates buying in Leaps. They're quite cheaps in the UK at the moment, about £70 GBP.

I'm left wondering how much functionality will be left when the BBWorld closes, but we only use company mobiles for calls/texts and secure emails, so the 'app gap' isn't an issue. No Whatsapp or third party messaging allowed.

Also there are fewer phones now with an LED notification. We use that a lot as it stops people being addicted to checking their phone screen every thirty seconds. :-)

Nice phones to use with good battery life.
    Where can you get a Leap for £70?
    04-05-18 07:57 AM
    Stable all round business device. Secure platform bb10. 50£ in the UK new from amazon. Much much faster than my 4s which it replaced.

Posted via CB10
    Can you point me to the £50 seller? They are nearly twice the price when I look.
    04-05-18 07:58 AM
    Can you point me to the £50 seller? They are nearly twice the price when I look.
    Yes. Buy it from amazon.co.uk/
    04-05-18 08:39 AM
    Yes. Buy it from amazon.co.uk/
    Downsides of Amazon's 'dynamic pricing' and the perils of leaving 5 star reviews, the price has now jumped to £89, up from £68 a fortnight ago.
    04-06-18 02:05 AM
    yepp, 3yrs already and NO PRBM)
    04-06-18 02:25 AM
    Hello,

I'm wondering if any of you still use the leap! How's your experience and how long does the battery last !

Thank you!
    My blackberry leap is still my primary phone and it can last me (if I conserve battery) almost 4 days. If I don't conserve battery, it can last almost 2 full days.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-18 11:06 AM
    my wife is still on the Leap. She's a basic smartphone user, and it does everything she needs it to do. when this device goes, she'll probably end up on a Motion, but until then, Leap is great. she's had it since 3 months after launch, still getting close to original battery life with it too.

I went from passport to KeyOne Black, and I love it myself, but with my job, I was in need of certain apps. only real reason I moved on from passport
    04-15-18 06:50 AM
    Will be hard to move to another OS when BB10 finally goes.

Posted via CB10

I never understand these comments. What did you do in the days before OTA updates and you got an OS on a phone that NEVER updated. Those phones still work. BB10 will always work for comms.
    04-29-18 07:08 AM
89 1234