I have the Passport, love this thing, but I'm kinda getting tired of the size. Looking at the Leap, looks like a nice device but I have some questions:

1. Does Instagram (Android version) works well on the Leap?
    2. How's the camera? Focus time? Shutter speed? How long does It take to take the picture and ready for another one?
    3. Battery life?
    4. Overall speed?
    5. I've read on the forum that it takes a long time to open Android apps, is that true?

I mostly use the device for email, calling, WhatsApp, browser, Instagram (Android version) and a couple of other Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 10:26 PM
    Hi Ngc,

I own both and use them on an daily basis. To answer your questions

1: sorry I don't use it.
    2: Could be faster. But it does the job.
    3: takes me trough the day. 2 email accounts, social media and YouTube. I'm a fairly heavy user.
    4: Fine, no stutter in opening apps. Feels crispy.
    5: maybe that's for some apps. The ones I use open up just fine.

Anyhow, I like it a lot. I bought mine as a replacement for my broken Z30. The only problem I sometimes see is that I type to fast for the keyboard to hold up.
    Last edited by cyberadje; 01-25-16 at 08:34 AM.
    01-25-16 03:33 AM
    It's a nice phone, but will be a dramatic step down from the mighty Passport.
    01-25-16 03:50 AM
    Instagram ( android version) works so well and amazing battery life

Posted via CB Powered by  Leap
    01-25-16 07:09 AM
    It's a nice phone, but will be a dramatic step down from the mighty Passport.
    Thanks conite, but I'm using the Passport only for email, web browsing, Instagram, Shazam once in a while, web browsing, etc. Mainly things not demanding the power that the Passport has.

I now it's going to be a big change, but I'm hoping the Leap can hold the use that I'm going to give it...
    01-25-16 09:41 AM
    I have the Passport, love this thing, but I'm kinda getting tired of the size. Looking at the Leap, looks like a nice device but I have some questions:

1. Does Instagram (Android version) works well on the Leap?
    2. How's the camera? Focus time? Shutter speed? How long does It take to take the picture and ready for another one?
    3. Battery life?
    4. Overall speed?
    5. I've read on the forum that it takes a long time to open Android apps, is that true?

I mostly use the device for email, calling, WhatsApp, browser, Instagram (Android version) and a couple of other Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    I had a Passport and now I'm on Leap, so:
    1. Yes it works. There is a 3rd part app Inst10 that is built for BlackBerry
    2. Good camera for a camera of 8Mpx
    3. I cover 2 days with low usage, 1 day with hard usage
    4. & 5. Yes it's quit slow (respect new devices) because the hardware is 2/3 years old. The passport has more ram and cpu so it's faster than the Leap.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 05:00 AM
    I have BlackBerry Leap but signal bars is too weak, how can I adjust settings or frequency or any other option to improve reception etc

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 11:00 PM
    Have both a Leap and a PP with a Q10 as my backup. While the Leap has different functionality and specs to the mighty PP, it is as a budget phone very good. Sure it doesn't have quite the speed of the PP or the pkb, but as a touch screen it is good. Camera is excellent, form factor beautiful and battery life great too. Don't forget that OS10 is an efficient OS and doesn't need the same hardware to support the bloatware that both iOS and Android have become.

Working in the tech industry my colleagues are always amazed at the power of and how slick OS10 is.

Work weeks it's the PP for me, but have to confess to using the Leap as a mini tablet too!

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 03:53 AM
    And one other thing..... the speaker on the Leap is nowhere near the quality of the stereo on my PP; but still better than on my wife's Samsung S6.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 03:58 AM
    Leap is a very smart and fresh looking phone. If your not into playing games you wont notice the difference between Passport or Z30.

Signal quality on WiFi and Mobile is excellent, its a shame that Leap is the most underated mobile on Crackberry.
    02-21-16 12:53 AM