Hi guys
    I thought that the convenience key could by be used to choose one App, like good old 9900 as I can remember
    But here I only get the Assistant App only, then you choose another App!
    Is there a way to use to key to select one App and open it directly
    Also do you need to unlock the phone first, or you can you use the key to open your favorite App directly?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-18 03:19 AM
    There is no convenience key on BB10 devices like there was on BBOS. The volume up/down and pause or assistant button are not programmable as far as I know. They will control the music player if the device is locked. Hope this helps
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-20-18 04:48 PM
    Thank you, so it is almost a useless button! Why do we need a special button to open the Assistant if we can do so directly by touching the screen?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-18 07:35 PM
    Thank you, so it is almost a useless button! Why do we need a special button to open the Assistant if we can do so directly by touching the screen?

Posted via CB10
    A little late to complain about BB10 after 5 years and after they announced EOL.
    04-20-18 08:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    The button you are referring to is actually the play pause/mute button.
    Whenever you are playing a media, it can be used to pause and then play the media.
    While on a call it can also be used to mute and then unmute your call.
    Long pressing on it, brings up the assistant (Which can be turned off and you can have it to do nothing)

Posted via CB10
    04-20-18 08:20 PM
    Thank you guys for taking the time to explain the above
    Yes, it might be a bit late, but for some unknown reason I am attached to this phone 'Leap' more than others (BB)
    Although Leap for me is the most beautiful phone, however I had to order a Motion just because I need to see ALL browsers on a mobile phone (for my work) immediately and all the time, which unfortunately could not do with Leap (could not even get Chrome or Firefox, to start with / I need to see what other people see exactly using different browser...etc)

Sorry guys, but what is EOL?
    Am I missing something else?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    04-20-18 08:48 PM
    Thank you guys for taking the time to explain the above
    Yes, it might be a bit late, but for some unknown reason I am attached to this phone 'Leap' more than others (BB)
    Although Leap for me is the most beautiful phone, however I had to order a Motion just because I need to see ALL browsers on a mobile phone (for my work) immediately and all the time, which unfortunately could not do with Leap (could not even get Chrome or Firefox, to start with / I need to see what other people see exactly using different browser...etc)

Sorry guys, but what is EOL?
    Am I missing something else?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    EOL stands for End-Of-Life

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    04-20-18 10:44 PM
    Hi AmritD, do you mean End of our old BlackBerry phones? I will keep using a BlackBerry even if it is going to function as a phone only

I just Sent back a Motorola Moto 5S after one month only, I got my refund and used it to buy the Motion
    It was my final attempt to try phones that are not BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-20-18 11:05 PM
    Hi AmritD, do you mean End of our old BlackBerry phones? I will keep using a BlackBerry even if it is going to function as a phone only

I just Sent back a Motorola Moto 5S after one month only, I got my refund and used it to buy the Motion
    It was my final attempt to try phones that are not BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't say end.
    They will still function like a phone for sure.
    Other parts or services will function or not, hard to say at this point.
    BlackBerry Android phones will have no issues whatsoever so good luck with the Motion.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    04-21-18 12:49 AM