Hello guys,recently I took my 2nd (this is more private) sim card and I want a phone dedicated on phone calls simple browsing news of markets and some basic trading and betting apps...my current phone is an lg g5 that I plan to mainly use for games Facebook and more social media apps...currently the leap is the least expensive blackberry I can find at 137€ while every other bb is above 230€ in my area...is it considered a good phone to buy in 2017 for the purpose I need it?
    10-21-17 02:12 PM
    "basic" apps can still be incompatible with Android Jellybean / BB10 android hacks. You won't know if your apps work until you try them, or unless you can find someone running the same apps.

You could just buy a cheap Motorola which is pretty much guaranteed to work. Leap is a fine phone, but for your purposes I really can't tell if it's the right phone.

I'd take a punt. But that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-17 02:55 PM
    sorry for taking so long to respond,the app for some reason didnt let me to from the phone...
    I dont want to buy Motorola as the cheapest one shops around here have is 250+ and i definitely want to avoid any Chinese phone,yeah i know they are good but every single friend i have with one of those has lag problems after some months,so definitely no Chinese upcoming brand for me for sure.Apps is not major problem if i can run desktop view on browser and i wanted to got a more secure phone,but i see many people not recommending the leap
    10-22-17 04:41 PM
    sorry for taking so long to respond,the app for some reason didnt let me to from the phone...
    I dont want to buy Motorola as the cheapest one shops around here have is 250+ and i definitely want to avoid any Chinese phone,yeah i know they are good but every single friend i have with one of those has lag problems after some months,so definitely no Chinese upcoming brand for me for sure.Apps is not major problem if i can run desktop view on browser and i wanted to got a more secure phone,but i see many people not recommending the leap
    10-22-17 04:41 PM
    On the subject of Chinese brands, Xiaomi is really the one to go for. A second user Mi4C will set you back ~50-70 quid. They are not an "up and coming" brand, but established and on the same level as many other western brands you will see in terms of user base.

The only thing you may have to do is install the global ROM from xiaomi.eu

The trouble you are going to have is that most cheap phones will also be low end. That means lag, incompatibilities, outdated software, etc. That is what the leap is - a low end phone.

IMO, better to by a mid - high end flagship off eBay that's already a couple of years old (Like the Mi4C).

Or just buy a new Alcatel Pixi for £50. It will do everything and in one year you can just buy another one..

Posted via CB10
    10-24-17 07:48 AM
    If you want a phone for phone, text, email, calendar, contacts, notes, tasks, then a BB10 phone like the Leap can be great. If you want Android apps, there's no guarantee the apps will work now or in the future on BB10, which is permanently frozen in time at Android 4.3 in its runtime emulation.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-24-17 07:57 AM
    I have a leap and for what I use it for is the same as what you want so go for it but check amazon you can pick them up brand new quite cheap

Posted via CB10
    10-24-17 08:42 AM