...configurations... it will be a little tough for the LEAP to draw attentions from budget hunters...
    Comparison between: Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE, Motorola Moto G LTE (2nd Gen) (Moto G 4G (2015)), Asus ZenFone 2 ZE500CL, BlackBerry Leap
    04-30-15 03:36 AM
    thanks for the chart! its true there is lots of competition in the market right now
    04-30-15 05:34 AM
    You missed the most important ones-
    In india, with BlackBerry leap price it should compete with lumia 830, zenphone 2(4gb model), one plus one iPhone 5c

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 09:19 AM
    The point isn't for Leap to be the best value smart phone for consumers who are shopping. The point us for BlackBerry to half a new, well-made phone with the latest OS available in the sub-$300 price category for organizations and individuals who want a BlackBerry phone. Given that they excluded some features (which consumers might compare between phones, but which IT decision makers would probably not), I think it's reasonable to accept Blackberry's intent of positioning this phone for enterprise fleets.

That said, I think the phone looks like an acceptable z10 replacement, if not an upgrade. I can't imagine there is any missing functionality most enterprises couldn't easily address with the An drilled runtime.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 09:43 AM
    Did u just say a z10 upgrade hahaha hahaha wat for a 5 inch screen lose nfc lose hdmi. Just laugh at it self the phone is crap even other low budget phones blow it out the water

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 07:35 PM
    Did u just say a z10 upgrade hahaha hahaha wat for a 5 inch screen lose nfc lose hdmi. Just laugh at it self the phone is crap even other low budget phones blow it out the water

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried the leap yet? I have one and its a very nice device no issues at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 07:39 PM
    Umm yea I have I have a z10 which is ptetty much the same anit nothing differnt but a 5inch screen I have a lumia 830 for a bigger screen sorry but blackberry failed once again

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 09:26 PM
    Umm yea I have I have a z10 which is ptetty much the same anit nothing differnt but a 5inch screen I have a lumia 830 for a bigger screen sorry but blackberry failed once again

Posted via CB10
    Well to be honest the z10 was a really cheaply built phone. They are both crap at this point. You should get a z30
    04-30-15 09:41 PM
    Naw I might go back to q10 just might but I like the z10 with 10.3.1 so im very happy with it

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 09:47 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Well to be honest the z10 was a really cheaply built phone. They are both crap at this point. You should get a z30
    Lol I love how everyone has an "expert opinion"... guess that's why we don't all drive a Honda civic.... value is defined my a person's needs and priorities... not someone else's....

Anyway I do have both Z10 And Z30 and I much preferred the Z10!

LEAP will do very well.... for those who actually are open minded and try it...

Posted via CB10
    mk2234 and AllanQuatermain like this.
    04-30-15 09:56 PM
    The link to the comparison list is not to bash the Z20 aka the LEAP that is still un-release in some regions. But to point out what's out there that can be potentially competitive in terms of pricing even with very close hardware specs.
    In terms of hardwares, the key attraction i see from the list...
    The LEAP wins with bigger power juice tank... or marginally with 300mah extra?
    ZEN 2 5" wins with better camera, much falls on the low light photography capability.
    Motorola wins with moderate hardware configuration, but good performance than the others in media playability and gaming... the speakers are much louder than the rest.
    Lumia640, not only with it's niche OS like BB, what l like most, removable battery.

You missed the most important ones-
    In india, with BlackBerry leap price it should compete with lumia 830, zenphone 2(4gb model), one plus one iPhone 5c
    Branding, is often one of the factor affecting consumer product price. If a consumer is not so concern about a brand, he/she will just put their focus on the internal hardwares where the real costs are really hidden. In INDIA, MICROMAX, KARBONN, and LAVA will most likely be the winners in the local smartphone market, since most of their products are MTK based, budget friendly to buyers, and mostly Chinese OEMs which are mirrored from some Chinese models elsewhere which may have been welcomed by lots of consumers elsewhere...
    Let's face the facts... no matter what brand, the handsets in the market are now, today, mostly made in china or other low labor costs countries. And the qualities are getting better and better... So, is it fair if i point out those that are real competitors in hardware configurations on par, or marginally close to the LEAP to see what's the real draw to attentions of potential buyers?
    Having using BB for years, which includes OS5, 7 till today's 10, should i have not owned Z3, i may put the LEAP into my potential 5incher buying list, as i am very comfortable with the navigation on the OS which i had been very familiar with. But now with the comparison list, i am having much more interest in trying out the LUMIA640 which the OS shares the same characteristic as BB10.... non-open source nichness to it's brand ownership...
    I will not give up my BBs, but the LUMIA640 may turn out to be my weekend side kick.

... ...Anyway I do have both Z10 And Z30 and I much preferred the Z10!

Well, i own both Z10s black and white, and a Z3. In reality, i use Z3 much more than the Z10s mostly in data, surfing the net, reading my emails as well as social communications,.. the Z10s serves most of the time as SMS and Voice purpose... gotta admit, larger screen provides larger convenience to some purposes...

...And... trying out new stuff, often comes @ a price... base on what you see on the list, would u spend much more on the LEAP than the others which are offered at some -percentage lower?
    05-01-15 01:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I said an acceptable Z10 replacement even if it's not an upgrade.

Plus, the Z30 is a non starter for me due to the screen brightness, form factor, and lack of LTE on AT&T, which is my carrier of choice for coverage in my area.

I don't run bloated Android apps so don't need the extra horsepower. My Z10 gets the job done perfectly. I don't know and don't care about specs. A phone either lags or it doesn't, and mine doesn�t. I'd be completely happy with the Leap if it has USBOtG, which the Z30 does.

I've never turned on NFC or used the HDMI port so wouldn't miss either, btw. I would use the FM radio, which the Z10 lacks.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 01:42 AM
    The data for the Zenfone 2 is misleading. The model you showed is a $199 dollar phone. The leap is closer in price to the $299 4 gb ram 1080p version.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 09:50 AM
    The data for the Zenfone 2 is misleading. The model you showed is a $199 dollar phone. The leap is closer in price to the $299 4 gb ram 1080p version.
    Don't see it as misleading. This comparison is based on specs not price. Basically a chart of 5", 720p phones with mid-range processors and 8MP cameras.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 10:30 AM
    I own the Z10. I used the HDMI port once, when it was new for the novelty. I used the NFC once to test the novelty by transferring a file.
    I used the compass once to aim a TV antenna.
    The 5GHZ WiFi is mostly under performing compared to the 2.4GHZ, at least in my case.
    And I always wished it had Miracast instead of an HDMI port, I would probably use that more often.
    Now the screen gets a little small for my aging eyes. And the battery life was always the number one annoyance of it.

So from here, the Leap starts looking better all the time to me.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 10:39 AM
    The point isn't for Leap to be the best value smart phone for consumers who are shopping. The point us for BlackBerry to half a new, well-made phone with the latest OS available in the sub-$300 price category for organizations and individuals who want a BlackBerry phone. Given that they excluded some features (which consumers might compare between phones, but which IT decision makers would probably not), I think it's reasonable to accept Blackberry's intent of positioning this phone for enterprise fleets.

That said, I think the phone looks like an acceptable z10 replacement, if not an upgrade. I can't imagine there is any missing functionality most enterprises couldn't easily address with the An drilled runtime.

Posted via CB10
    Good point. A handset that ships with the latest OS and employs the new naming conventions and is technically a new design. It fleshed out their lineup, if only superficially by our standards.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 10:40 AM
    Lol I love how everyone has an "expert opinion"... guess that's why we don't all drive a Honda civic.... value is defined my a person's needs and priorities... not someone else's....

Anyway I do have both Z10 And Z30 and I much preferred the Z10!

Posted via CB10
    Well I liked my z10 but I can bet no one likes to charge their phone mid day or walk around with a charger...
    The leap has that but the z30 is physically smaller than the leap, except has more features so from a value standpoint, all else being equal, it's the better phone (at the current sale price). Also the nice glassweave back!

The leap will be almost identical, so once the z30 sale ends it should be a worthwhile entry level smartphone, which is why most have guessed the device is aimed for corporations to give their employees
    05-01-15 05:27 PM
    Don't see it as misleading. This comparison is based on specs not price. Basically a chart of 5", 720p phones with mid-range processors and 8MP cameras.

Posted via CB10
    The chart is a huge fail . It doesn't show the most important spec. PRICE. The lumia 640 lte is $179, the motor g is $175, and the zenphone2 shown on the chart is $199. The leap is $100-$75 more expensive than similar phones.

Posted via CB10
    jarive likes this.
    05-03-15 06:56 AM
    The chart is a huge fail . It doesn't show the most important spec. PRICE. The lumia 640 lte is $179, the motor g is $175, and the zenphone2 shown on the chart is $199. The leap is $100-$75 more expensive than similar phones.

Posted via CB10
    You're absolutely right and raise a great point.
    05-03-15 07:33 AM
    Considered the additional cost of $75 to $100 due to BB10 OS... now, whether BB10 OS is worthy of $75 to $100 more (compare with other OS's), is another debatable topic...

Posted via CB10
    Ed YANG likes this.
    05-05-15 01:53 AM
    I have a hard time believing people will consider the Leap, when you can buy Moto G/Zenphone for100 dollars less...

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 05:13 AM
    I have a hard time believing people will consider the Leap, when you can buy Moto G/Zenphone for100 dollars less...

Posted via CB10
    Moto G/Zenphone does not run BB10. I buy BlackBerry phones for the OS, not the hardware. I have tried a few spydroid phones and I will quite happily stay with BlackBerry.
    05-07-15 09:43 PM
    Got the leap for my mom.
    Wow outstanding device. Wish my z30 look this elegant.
    Android and native Apps work excellent.
    Just wish snapchat and yelp worked straight out of the box :/
    Nice to see yelp integrated on Blackberry maps though.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 12:21 PM
    Z10 is meh, Z30 is rad.
    05-11-15 04:00 AM
    3 months passed. New models from other makers announced as well as available in the market. Lets see how does BB and WP fares with other makes in the C/P game.
    Comparison between: Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE, Motorola Moto G (Gen 3) (Moto G (2015), Moto G (3rd Gen.), XT1540, XT1550), Sony Xperia M4 Aqua (E2303, E2306, E2353), BlackBerry Leap
    07-30-15 12:48 PM
26 12