How to download Cobalt playstore.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-19 12:32 PM
    Do a lot of reading first - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...g-page-965257/
    02-26-19 12:36 PM
    How to download Cobalt playstore.

Posted via CB10
    Or just use Yalp.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sergey...-apk-download/
    02-26-19 12:42 PM
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-19 02:13 PM
    I'm using BlackBerry leap 10.3.3.2137
    Does Cobalt playstore support in this device.
    02-26-19 03:16 PM
    Yes, but I wouldn't bother.
    02-26-19 04:08 PM
    Yes. Go ahead and install using Cobalt's method ajay--it should work fine for you.
    02-27-19 06:38 PM
    Yes.
    I have download the Cobalt Google play store and it's running fine without any error but the problem is every apps I have download from playstore is not working. It's shows without Google play service this apps won't run.
    So this isn't solution.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-19 06:43 PM
    Yes.
    I have download the Cobalt Google play store and it's running fine without any error but the problem is every apps I have download from playstore is not working. It's shows without Google play service this apps won't run.

Posted via CB10
    There are actually additional steps required beyond simply installing the APK of the Play Store ajay. Check the thread Bla1ze pointed you towards--have you followed all the steps in that thread in that exact order? Trust me on this one--if you don't follow every single one of them in the order specified you will have trouble.

You can also go to this handy website, which someone put together visually explaining Cobalt's method and linking to his files:

https://playstoreblackberry.com
    02-27-19 06:46 PM
    There are actually additional steps required beyond simply installing the APK of the Play Store ajay. Check the thread Bla1ze pointed you towards--have you followed all the steps in that thread in that exact order? Trust me on this one--if you don't follow every single one of them in the order specified you will have trouble.

You can also go to this handy website, which someone put together visually explaining Cobalt's method and linking to his files:

https://playstoreblackberry.com
    The issue is that the version of Cobalt's modified Play Services app is too old to work with most apps updated in the last 6 months or so.

I was always a HUGE proponent of this method, and provided much of the support over the years in those threads, but that solution has effectively reached the end.

That's why I'm suggesting Yalp, since it's a much simpler implementation to what Cobalt's solution can provide today (which is just Play Store without purchases).
    02-27-19 07:00 PM
    The issue is that the version of Cobalt's modified Play Services app is too old to work with most apps updated in the last 6 months or so.

I was always a HUGE proponent of this method, and provided much of the support over the years in those threads, but that solution has effectively reached the end.

That's why I'm suggesting Yalp, since it's a much simpler implementation to what Cobalt's solution can provide today (which is just Play Store without purchases).
    I understand the thought process. However, unless I'm mistaken, Cobalt's Play Services will still work for Android apps that are older versions of the updated apps to which you refer. Furthermore, downloading Yalp (or Cobalt's current Play Store) will still end up causing errors for people since Yalp does not provide the version of apps that would be compatible with BB10, but rather the most recent version. This leads people to erroneously believe that apps do not work with their device when really what they need is an older version.

However, you are correct in that it doesn't matter which version of the Play Store is installed (Yalp or Cobalt's version) since they both will have the same effect and provide the same content. ajay, this is worth keeping in mind no matter which method you use. I'd still recommend Cobalt's method since I think you will ultimately be able to do more of what it sounds like you want with Play Services (even an older version), but if you have trouble installing a particular app from the Play Store it's worth looking in other places (APKPure for example).
    02-27-19 07:14 PM
    downloading Yalp (or Cobalt's current Play Store) will still end up causing errors for people since Yalp does not provide the version of apps that would be compatible with BB10, but rather the most recent version.
    Neither Yalp nor the Play Store will download an app on BB10 that does not meet the v4.3 maximum. If an app has been updated beyond that, it won't show as available at all.

It is a matter of debate and personal preference if it is wise to continue to use a legacy version of an Android app.
    02-27-19 07:26 PM
    Neither Yalp nor the Play Store will download an app on BB10 that does not meet the v4.3 maximum. If an app has been updated beyond that, it won't show as available at all.
    That is correct, and was my entire point.

APKPure on the other hand has archived versions of apps that one can download and install without worrying about compatibility. However, some of these apps may require Google Play Services to function. If one has Cobalt's solution installed, these will work normally, which is why I still recommend it.
    02-27-19 07:28 PM
    That is correct, and was my entire point.

APKPure on the other hand has archived versions of apps that one can download and install without worrying about compatibility. However, some of these apps may require Google Play Services to function. If one has Cobalt's solution installed, these will work normally, which is why I still recommend it.
    So how would downloading Yalp cause "errors for people" ?
    02-27-19 07:29 PM
    So how would downloading Yalp cause "errors for people" ?
    By providing them the most recently updated version of the app/not showing them the app at all, which will lead them to conclude the app will not work with or is not available for their BB10 device. The implication when someone says "download Yalp" (or APKPure, or Aptoide, or anything else) for the common non-techy BB10 user is that this will allow them to do what they want to do--install apps that will work with their device. Since Yalp is simply a reflection of the Play Store, the ultimate result will be what most would call errors--a device not behaving as it can behave if the correct process is followed.
    02-27-19 07:33 PM
    By providing them the most recently updated version of the app/not showing them the app at all.
    It will not do the former if no longer compatible with Android 4.3 - only the latter.
    02-27-19 07:36 PM
    I understand the thought process. However, unless I'm mistaken, Cobalt's Play Services will still work for Android apps that are older versions of the updated apps to which you refer. Furthermore, downloading Yalp (or Cobalt's current Play Store) will still end up causing errors for people since Yalp does not provide the version of apps that would be compatible with BB10, but rather the most recent version. This leads people to erroneously believe that apps do not work with their device when really what they need is an older version.

However, you are correct in that it doesn't matter which version of the Play Store is installed (Yalp or Cobalt's version) since they both will have the same effect and provide the same content. ajay, this is worth keeping in mind no matter which method you use. I'd still recommend Cobalt's method since I think you will ultimately be able to do more of what it sounds like you want with Play Services (even an older version), but if you have trouble installing a particular app from the Play Store it's worth looking in other places (APKPure for example).
    The biggest obstacle using Cobalt's method, and I've used it since it was first made available, is the patching process. Then, the last update Cobalt made to the process in adding the whitelist app to get around one of the later updates to Play Services (before the more recent update that effectively killed the whole thing), only added to the complexity. Originally, you only needed a few select apps to be whitelisted. Then, every patched app needed to be whitelisted.

Remember that the process involves downloading the app, but not installing, open the whitelist app to add the unpatched app, then copy the downloaded apk file to a PC, running the Play Services Patcher program on the PC to patch the app, saving it and copying that app back over to the phone (I always kept patched apps in a separate folder), then navigating to the app in the file manager to finally install it. About 8 or 9 more steps just to see if the app will even run on the version of Play Services you patched it for.

Don't get me wrong - I was all for doing this. I still have apps I patched dating back to 2015 sitting on my PC now. I'd spend time doing the same thing for any app that had an update too.

That's just a lot to ask of someone just getting into this.
    02-27-19 10:18 PM
    Oh, I agree it's highly complex. I just think people should have the option of trying that complex method, and that we should help them do so (with full disclosure of the complexity).
    02-27-19 10:20 PM
    Oh, I agree it's highly complex. I just think people should have the option of trying that complex method, and that we should help them do so (with full disclosure of the complexity).
    This is exactly why I don't recommend the Cobalt stack anymore either. I've always held the belief that if you really need all these "patched" and "whitelisted" apps and have to jump through hoops to get them to work, you really should move on to a supported device. I'm fairly certain that I was the first person on here to recommend Yalp as a Google Play client but back then (a couple years ago) our runtime could install and use many apps. Those minimum runtime versions have now exceeded most installs now. By all means, try the complicated method if you have the patience but to me, it's just not worth the hassle. I still use Yalp (have no need for Google Play Services) and also ApkMirror on occasion on my Passport.
    02-27-19 10:34 PM
    This is exactly why I don't recommend the Cobalt stack anymore either. I've always held the belief that if you really need all these "patched" and "whitelisted" apps and have to jump through hoops to get them to work, you really should move on to a supported device. I'm fairly certain that I was the first person on here to recommend Yalp as a Google Play client but back then (a couple years ago) our runtime could install and use many apps. Those minimum runtime versions have now exceeded most installs now. By all means, try the complicated method if you have the patience but to me, it's just not worth the hassle. I still use Yalp (have no need for Google Play Services) and also ApkMirror on occasion on my Passport.
    And that is absolutely your choice and a completely valid one. However, I think everyone else (even newbies) should have the same option.
    02-27-19 10:37 PM
    And that is absolutely your choice and a completely valid one. However, I think everyone else (even newbies) should have the same option.
    Well, I do agree with that.
    02-27-19 10:43 PM
    Well, I do agree with that.
    Glad you're onboard with that opinion at least joel! Really, all I'm going for is for people to have authentic real information about BB10. They can then make their own choices.
    02-27-19 10:47 PM
    I'm fairly certain that I was the first person on here to recommend Yalp as a Google Play client but back then.
    You were indeed! While I was a big advocate for the Cobalt stack at the time, you were pushing Yalp.

I've come around now that the Cobalt solution has basically collapsed in on itself.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-27-19 11:16 PM
    Could one run Cobalt's modified Play Store and Yalp concurrently? Cobalt's solution still works well with all apps that don't "complain" while Yalp handles the new apps but no purchases.
    11-14-19 05:57 AM
    Could one run Cobalt's modified Play Store and Yalp concurrently? Cobalt's solution still works well with all apps that don't "complain" while Yalp handles the new apps but no purchases.
    Sure. But they are redundant.
    11-14-19 06:34 AM