Just got my leap yesterday and the one big issue is very low volume when I am speaking to someone. Any fix for this?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 06:49 PM
    Funny thing, when I got my Leap I had the same issue, the volume was really low and I could barely hear.

I was so embarrassed when I realized the factory screen protector was still on! It doesn't have cut outs for the earpiece.

Check that first.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 11:00 PM
    Funny thing, when I got my Leap I had the same issue, the volume was really low and I could barely hear.

I was so embarrassed when I realized the factory screen protector was still on! It doesn't have cut outs for the earpiece.

Check that first.

Posted via CB10
    Omg, I join you in embarrassment! My original screen protector is still on because I haven't bought one yet! Perhaps I should take it off and check the call volume! Will report back!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:24 AM
    Omg, I join you in embarrassment! My original screen protector is still on because I haven't bought one yet! Perhaps I should take it off and check the call volume! Will report back!

Posted via CB10
    LOL. I remember being SOOO disappointed with the call quality thinking "how could they produce a phone with such crappy call quality."

The screen protector completely covers the ear piece so everything sounds like it's under water, muffled and far away.

I bought the OEM BlackBerry screen protectors, but word to the wise, for some reason the proximity sensor couldn't read through it. It resulted in calls instantly going black on the screen, and needing to swipe to wake the phone to end a call. (because the sensor thought the phone was on my face).

I figured it out because I ran the BlackBerry Virtual Expert app and it detected my sensor was always reading near. I took off the screen protector and noticed the sensor was then working fine, reading near when I put my hand over it, and far when I took it away.

I have my phone unprotected right now. I'm just really careful with it. I actually carry it around regularly in a neoprene case designed for a 7 inch tablet. Not the most stylish setup around, but it does the job and keeps everything off the phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:34 AM
    Lol. I still haven't removed the original protector because I'm afraid of scratching my two day old phone. I will though just to test out the call volume.

Yeah, I had that sick feeling in my stomach that I bought a bad phone when I first made a phone call.

Thanks for the tip about the sensor.

Overall I am really enjoying the Leap. The screen size is very much a welcome feature as I had been using a Q10 for the last year.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:42 AM
    I ordered my case and screen protectors before I even order the leap lol I wanted to be ready. I'm just trying to get used to the touchscreen

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 12:01 PM
    I ordered my case and screen protectors before I even order the leap lol I wanted to be ready. I'm just trying to get used to the touchscreen

Posted via CB10
    That's a good move. I'm concerned I won't find anything locally (Toronto).

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 12:33 PM
    So I cut the original screen protector to uncover the speaker and voila! The call volume is perfect.

So embarrassed but happy!

Posted via CB10
    brunoxrs likes this.
    07-09-15 01:40 PM

Check that first.

Posted via CB10
    I don't actually freaking believe this!!

I just went to check my Leap thinking "lol these guys are idiots, how can they not see it" AND guess what... I had it to! LOL for days haha.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    brunoxrs likes this.
    07-09-15 03:00 PM
    I don't actually freaking believe this!!

I just went to check my Leap thinking "lol these guys are idiots, how can they not see it" AND guess what... I had it to! LOL for days haha.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    Omg hilarious!

Posted via CB10
    brunoxrs likes this.
    07-09-15 03:04 PM