This phone should have been produced and made available in 2011. Why introduce a new device with sub-par specs? There's a market for premium devices as evidenced by Apple's astronomical sales revenue. Come on BB!

Bring on the full HD IPS display, 64-bit processor, quality cameras, etc.
    03-06-15 07:46 PM
    It's supposed to be a cheap phone for bulk enterprise deployments, what did you expect?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 07:48 PM
    It's supposed to be a cheap phone for bulk enterprise deployments, what did you expect?

Posted via CB10
    You would expect much more with that name (Leap)!
    jly.public and WanShark69 like this.
    03-06-15 08:08 PM
    This phone should have been produced and made available in 2011. Why introduce a new device with sub-par specs? There's a market for premium devices as evidenced by Apple's astronomical sales revenue. Come on BB!

Bring on the full HD IPS display, 64-bit processor, quality cameras, etc.
    It is a stretch to compare Blackberry premium and Apple premium.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 02:20 AM
    They made a mistake on its nickname, Leap.

Moto X 2k14 Posted via
    03-07-15 05:30 AM
    Kata USA | Making Life Easy

look at that device, twice the device the leap is and $249
    not to sure why BBRY couldn't have come up with a better device for a low end unit.
    03-07-15 05:42 PM

not to sure why BBRY couldn't have come up with a better device for a low end unit.
    A Chinese low cost phone. Even for Chinese standards it's a no name.. would not even consider it once tho! Why not compare it with the 299$ 1+1? That phone truely rocks and the quality is good.

Do however think that the leap could be cheaper duo to the fact it uses such old hardware.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:28 PM
    Guys. Software is what BlackBerry is working too. Get that out on cheap device. Makes sense from a business standpoint.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:31 PM
    I know that phone is a junk product , but the Leap uses old software in a new case and still is one of the most expensive low end device. Why is that? Do they really think enterprise can over look all the devices on the market and won't pick something with better internals and cheaper ? I totally understand what we are trying to do ... But people / business aren't silly with their money
    03-07-15 06:57 PM
    It's supposed to be an entry level phone. That's why the specs are so bad.

After all, they've learned from all the revenue that Android has made off of similar products.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    03-07-15 07:00 PM
    It's supposed to be an entry level phone. That's why the specs are so bad.

After all, they've learned from all the revenue that Android has made off of similar products.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    So this low end phone costs 275$. It is nowhere cheap. It should be a 200$ phone. There are so many mobiles around 300$ that are way too much better than this. How will make money with this phone. I think slider will be the one that will change BlackBerry..

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 08:50 PM
    Really!!!! all the chatter would actually make sense if the phone was targeted to the consumer market but guess what it is not... Chen made it very clear that this is for the business market... if targeted at the consumer I would agree that it is underpowered and over price compared to other consumer devices... As it is not... unsure why people keep going on... by the way ... all those who think it should be 200 dollars... guess you want the company to fold.... if BB cannot sell on a decent margin the might al well pack it in... so tiring of hearing cheaper... want cheaper... buy Chinese... you get what you pay for....
    mk2234 and crucial bbq like this.
    03-07-15 09:03 PM
    So this low end phone costs 275$. It is nowhere cheap. It should be a 200$ phone. There are so many mobiles around 300$ that are way too much better than this. How will make money with this phone. I think slider will be the one that will change BlackBerry..

Posted via CB10
    You better buy that $300 phone you're talking about. Lmao

Moto X 2k14 Posted via
    03-09-15 12:05 PM

That's such a awesome smartphone in comparison....

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:12 PM
    That's such a awesome smartphone in comparison....

Posted via CB10
    Maybe read the rest of the posts before always making a stupid comment , I posted later on I know it's junk device but it's till better than the Leap software wise and cheaper.
    illlya likes this.
    03-09-15 01:07 PM
    Maybe read the rest of the posts before always making a stupid comment , I posted later on I know it's junk device but it's till better than the Leap software wise and cheaper.
    You might think it's better but I don't. Some no name Chinese brand got better software because it's Android? And why do you think I didn't read the posts? I did read but I disagree.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 03-09-15 at 01:54 PM.
    mk2234 likes this.
    03-09-15 01:42 PM
    You might think it's better but I don't. Some no name Chinese brand got better software because it's Android?

Posted via CB10
    No just read the specs, just the processor alone is better, faster etc.allowing better multi tasking which i believe is one of BBRY's best features. You think all BBRY internal aren't Chinese built by the lowest bidder at Foxconn then your most likely in for a huge surprise. Its just an example Dave showing that BBRY could build a cheaper device, marketed towards the enterprise market. I'm not jumping up and down screaming its better and faster than anything around like you do about BBRY...i'm simply stating it can be done cheaper cause $279 isn't the cheapest low end device out there when using outdated older hardware.
    03-09-15 01:57 PM
    No just read the specs, just the processor alone is better, faster etc.allowing better multi tasking which i believe is one of BBRY's best features. You think all BBRY internal aren't Chinese built by the lowest bidder at Foxconn then your most likely in for a huge surprise. Its just an example Dave showing that BBRY could build a cheaper device, marketed towards the enterprise market. I'm not jumping up and down screaming its better and faster than anything around like you do about BBRY...i'm simply stating it can be done cheaper cause $279 isn't the cheapest low end device out there when using outdated older hardware.
    But you also said Leap uses outdated software which isn't true it just came out... kitkat is outdated software. That octo core doesn't mean anything and you don't mention battery life as a big factor whatsoever. At best the camera on the Kota is probably much better but I don't everything else is a winning factor.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:10 PM
    Battery life1
    Up to 25 hours mixed use1
    Up to 12 hours GSM talk time
    Up to 15 days GSM standby time
    Up to 17 hours UMTS talk time
    Up to 16.5 days UMTS standby time
    Up to 80 hours audio playback
    Up to 9.5 hours video playback
    On the Leap

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:15 PM
    Kota 5 hours talk time...

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:15 PM
    Yeah they could build a cheaper device but they don't have the margins to make any money with that strategy.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 03-09-15 at 04:38 PM.
    03-09-15 02:22 PM
    Has blackberry done their homework here with complete market studies? I for one, would have thought that most large companies are fully on board with BYOD. Mine certainly is, a 5000 employee oil co.

This phone is a leap of faith, also agree with the other threads, just a terrible name for this phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:48 PM
    Has blackberry done their homework here with complete market studies? I for one, would have thought that most large companies are fully on board with BYOD. Mine certainly is, a 5000 employee oil co.

This phone is a leap of faith, also agree with the other threads, just a terrible name for this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Chen said "they " as in enterprise wanted a cheaper all touch device. And so he says that's what the Leap is for.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:50 PM
    I can't even understand half the posts in here. Literally.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 04:35 PM
    Appearance-wise Leap is very much similar to Z3, I am surprised why it is not being said / projected so…. I assume they keep name "Leap" as it is step-up from Z3.

I believe actual selling price of Leap will be less (should be around $215 to $240) or at-least it will drop soon. It seems to be just above Z3, which is at bottom of BB 10 device range/portfolio. At higher end, RIM / BB has Passport, Classic, Z30 and upcoming slider too. And at lower-end, Leap is nice introduction in BB 10 devices.
    03-10-15 07:45 AM
28 12