It says on BlackBerry's website that you can buy an extended warranty for the Leap, the Passport, and the Classic, for a bit more than $3.00 a month. I wonder how long it lasts? Longer than the two year AppleCare Plus?

Sounds like they took my suggestion of a warranty similar to Apple, seriously!

Great idea BlackBerry!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-15-15 11:28 AM
    I purchased the BlackBerry Care Protection Plan for my Classic last week and it's set to expire in April 2017. The cost of the plan is charged to your credit card on a monthly basis and can be cancelled whenever you wish, so if you decide a year from now that you don't want it then it's no problem.
    Last edited by Zeridialous; 04-15-15 at 12:02 PM.
    04-15-15 11:32 AM
    So is it two extra full years on top of the one year from the manufacturer?

04-15-15 11:58 AM
    For manufacturing defects and other issues covered under warranty, BlackBerry's standard one-year limited warranty applies, after which the BlackBerry Care Protection Plan would cover any warranty claims, so it is essentially a one-year extension.

Accidental damage coverage starts from the day you purchase the protection plan until the plan ends for the full two year period.
    04-15-15 12:06 PM
    04-15-15 12:11 PM
    It's another ploy to bring in revenue. We all know how hard it is to get any sort of warranty honored by BlackBerry. This won't change anything but they'll get a bit more money.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 12:38 PM
    It's another ploy to bring in revenue. We all know how hard it is to get any sort of warranty honored by BlackBerry. This won't change anything but they'll get a bit more money.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao yeh sure whatever you say, guess BlackBerry wants to break the law by not honouring their extended warranty for hardware issues roffles.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 01:19 PM
    I think it's a great idea!

It shows that John Chen cares a bit more about his customers' devices than the Muppet that was running the show before.

They need to start somewhere, and this is a great way to change the company, by standing behind your products like this.

Great job BlackBerry.

(Apparently they DO listen to their user base...I suggested this warranty thing come to light, this fall past.)

Zeridialous likes this.
    04-15-15 01:29 PM