Now I've completed what I'm calling 'The John Chen Collection'... I hate the idea of android being on any BlackBerry, but I will still buy the Slider and just load BlackBerry 10 onto it, if that's even possible.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 05:47 PM
    I love how 'minimalist' the Leap is...

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 05:48 PM
    Will I miss NFC? A little bit, but I only really used it for pairing my Sony Bluetooth sound gear. I just have to pair it manually via Bluetooth, no big deal. Doesn't really matter though because I only got the Leap for the collection. Going to keep my SIM in my Passport and use the Leap on WiFi at home.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 05:52 PM
    The Leap is poor for its pricepoint.

I'm kind of amazed anyone would think otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    The iphone is poor for its pricepoint.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    lift likes this.
    07-07-15 03:51 PM
    Quote of the year! I do think the Leap is a little overpriced. I also think ANY Apple device is WAY overpriced and I would never buy one.
    07-07-15 08:06 PM
    I got one.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 09:25 PM
    I see now where you were going. One thing you have to remember is that here at CrackBerry, we are not average people. I think the typical BlackBerry user is more intelligent and educated. We also see the benefits of BlackBerry 10 compared to android, iOS and Windows phone. We are unique.
    Yes, even Sherlock used a BlackBerry until Apple screwed it all up. World best detective down the drain or actually of the roof. At the end of the 1st episode where he uses an iPhone, he throws himself of the roof. All staged ofc but you get my drift, a deserving end for making the switch.

CB10 - Passport
    07-07-15 09:46 PM
    I'd say sales are doing better than the Z3...

But as you can see by looking in this section... not a lot of LEAP activity.
    I think this is kind of futile because BlackBerry just won't break out sales numbers. In the case of the Z3 in particular, that was a total "international" phone, where it didn't really come out in english speaking markets. Not sure we can judge its sales on forum activities in an English site like this alone.
    07-07-15 09:48 PM
    I think this is kind of futile because BlackBerry just won't break out sales numbers. In the case of the Z3 in particular, that was a total "international" phone, where it didn't really come out in english speaking markets. Not sure we can judge its sales on forum activities in an English site like this alone.
    I really judged Z3 sales based on the import numbers to India.... last I checked it hadn't even reached 50K.
    Or you could go to almost any Indian or Indonesian site that sells smartphones... the Z3 is rated pretty low and isn't ranked in any of the top selling device columns... other than right at launch.
    07-08-15 07:51 AM

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    In what respect is the iPhone poor for its pricepoint?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 10:08 AM
    I really judged Z3 sales based on the import numbers to India.... last I checked it hadn't even reached 50K.
    Curious - where do you grab numbers like that?
    07-11-15 08:42 AM
    Curious - where do you grab numbers like that?
    https://www.zauba.com/import-z3+blackberry-hs-code.html

The seem to be pretty accurate back at launch when we had some numbers from Chen once and then CrackBerry had a number. Both matched what Zauba reported at that time. And it's been used by other products to indicate how sales in India are doing.
    07-13-15 07:37 AM
    Went to the movies on Friday with a few of my cousins who I haven't seen in a long time. We all have BlackBerry's which was awesome to see. Me with my passport, one cousin with a Leap, and two others with Z30's.

Posted via CB10
    wilber1, lift and brunoxrs like this.
    07-14-15 07:00 AM
    To those of you who think that the leap is underspeched, the dual core on a bb10 device is faster than a quad core on an android device. Its because of the way the BB10 OS works. The ZTE obsidian for T-Mobile (100 bucks) packs a 1ghz quad core cpu (slower than my leaps dual core), 5MP rear camera, 4GB of usable storage, a noticeable negative build quality, 4.5 inch screen, and the list goes on. For 100 m dollars you get a better midrange phone.
    02-08-16 06:05 PM
    Leap is a very nice phone, have been trying one for over a week and it beats a Sony Xperia M2 hands down.

I don't know why it gets do much flack!
    02-14-16 07:20 AM
    I have the leap after having the z10 and the torch before. I can say that the z10 was good save for the horrible battery life. I bought an aftermarket higher capacity one but I got the leap free through contract after the z30 was no longer available. I am for the most part satisfied, the screen is amazing, the battery life is phenomenal given the heavy usage. My only gripe is with the fact that there is no dual band WiFi but to cut costs I see why. BB10 works great and I have the apps that I need on it.

On BlackBerry leap, Rogers network
    02-14-16 05:35 PM
    I havent seen any blackberry in public for years no offense.
    andy957 likes this.
    02-15-16 09:22 PM
    I havent seen any blackberry in public for years no offense.
    Where do you live in the Moon? I see Bolds, Classics, Passports and Q5 every day to work in London
    02-16-16 12:32 AM
    I am holding a Leap.. like it ... except for some apps that need Google Play Services... I don't know or meet anyone still holding a BB... sad thing... I think management is close to closing the devices' business..

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 11:31 AM
69 123