Another guy basically stating: "I got no idea what I am talking about."
    lmao...

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 04:59 PM
    I'm surprised everyone says it's doing better than the Z3. I remember when the Z3 launched it was supposedly selling like hotcakes. I haven't heard a single word about the Leap. I would imagine if it were selling well BlackBerry would have said so by now, like they did when the passport and Z3 initially launched.

Sent from my Passport
    06-25-15 12:17 AM
    Sorry Matty, you are wrong. There are lot's of things that come into play when it comes to hardware. Just to name a couple:
    The TYPE of processor and chipset is more important than the raw speed alone.
    The TYPE of camera, the lens of the camera and the camera software are more important than just the Megapixels.
    The SIZE of the screen does matter to some people, but the resolution, TYPE of screen, color accuracy and contrast are VERY important.
    I'm not going to continue because I don't have the time. Please do some research into the points you mention and learn more about what makes hardware better or worse.
    I'm not sticking-up for Apple. I hate them. I'm just stating some facts.
    Hello Z50,

Thanks for your kind response, it's much appreciated. As a Software developer myself, i do actually understand how things work lol (contrary to popular demand). I was just showing that if someone who knows nothing about the "Quality of processor" && "type of camera lens" and they simply look at the specs eg. Processor speed and RAM amount. They will think the Leap is better than the iPhone because it has "more"

Sorry for the confusion. Im sure many are thinking I'm a complete imbecile and i don't know my right from left. But was just giving the view of the "average person"
    nick13b likes this.
    06-25-15 01:25 AM
    Hello Z50,

Thanks for your kind response, it's much appreciated. As a Software developer myself, i do actually understand how things work lol (contrary to popular demand). I was just showing that if someone who knows nothing about the "Quality of processor" && "type of camera lens" and they simply look at the specs eg. Processor speed and RAM amount. They will think the Leap is better than the iPhone because it has "more"

Sorry for the confusion. Im sure many are thinking I'm a complete imbecile and i don't know my right from left. But was just giving the view of the "average person"
    I see now where you were going. One thing you have to remember is that here at CrackBerry, we are not average people. I think the typical BlackBerry user is more intelligent and educated. We also see the benefits of BlackBerry 10 compared to android, iOS and Windows phone. We are unique.
    adonesc likes this.
    06-25-15 10:42 AM
    LOL...Agreed.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    06-25-15 01:30 PM
    As a Software developer myself, i do actually understand how things work lol (contrary to popular demand). I was just showing that if someone who knows nothing about the "Quality of processor" && "type of camera lens" and they simply look at the specs eg. Processor speed and RAM amount. They will think the Leap is better than the iPhone because it has "more"
    Nice try to explain your ignorance.
    06-26-15 02:35 AM
    The Leap is poor for its pricepoint.

I'm kind of amazed anyone would think otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    06-26-15 12:22 PM
    The Leap is poor for its pricepoint.

I'm kind of amazed anyone would think otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    Not really. It's well built with a smooth OS.

It has three problems. No one knows it exists and there is an app issue. Majority of people don't want to download another appstore like Snap to get those apps when they can just buy a Samsung or an iPhone.

Oh and number three is for people like me, I can't help but feel it's not a big jump from my current Z10 and if I am upgrading to another BlackBerry 10 phone why wouldn't I get a bargain basement Z30 with better specs.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-26-15 03:31 PM

It has three problems. No one knows it exists and there is an app issue. Majority of people don't want to download another appstore like Snap to get those apps when they can just buy a Samsung or an iPhone.

Oh and number three is for people like me, I can't help but feel it's not a big jump from my current Z10 and if I am upgrading to another BlackBerry 10 phone why wouldn't I get a bargain basement Z30 with better specs.

Posted via CB10
    It's a device with a design based on a mid-2014 budget smartphone aimed at the Mid-Far East market (Z3). It has a Q3 2012-spec cpu, 720p screen and a mediocre camera bundled with poor camera software. It retails at �200.

That's poor for its pricepoint.

Posted via CB10
    theGUNNER likes this.
    06-26-15 03:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your first sentence and last paragraph completely contradict each other.

Your last paragraph is quite accurate though.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 03:50 PM
    Your first sentence and last paragraph completely contradict each other.

Your last paragraph is quite accurate though.

Posted via CB10
    You've got to admit though, there is a wonderful irony in the name 'Leap'.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 03:52 PM
    You've got to admit though, there is a wonderful irony in the name 'Leap'.

Posted via CB10
    True.

Apparently Mr Chen, in all his brilliance, never heard the advice "Look before you Leap"!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 03:57 PM
    I purchased my Leap from Shop Blackberry for $275.00. Where else can you purchase a quality phone off contract for $275.00? it is $75.00 cheaper than the Z30 and I am very happy with it. Most likely I will purchase the slider when it comes out. But until then, it is a great phone and I do not have to waste my 2 year contract on the Leap. It may have similar specs to my Z10, but I can tell you it is faster in almost every way and so much better battery life. I agree marketing of blackberry phones in the states is poor. But actually a bit better than last year. I wish all the people who trash the Leap would purchase one first and give it a try. Send it back if do not like it.
    06-26-15 08:59 PM
    Don't know where you are but in Brazil leap is 25% more expensive than z30, which has better specs. That's why I can't understand who get one!

BB10 os run smoothly but some apps demand more power, especially when talking of Android apps. My candy crush takes more than 30 seconds to open!

Z30 - STA100-2 - 10.3.2.798
    06-27-15 08:46 AM
    I live in the United States (midwest). My carrier is ATT. ATT never offered the Z30. Z30s are pretty rare here. I see them on the east cost in Verizon country. The pricing in Brazil does not seem to make sense.
    06-27-15 09:22 AM
    I live in the United States (midwest). My carrier is ATT. ATT never offered the Z30. Z30s are pretty rare here. I see them on the east cost in Verizon country. The pricing in Brazil does not seem to make sense.
    Z30 never gets here officially, leap too, we still o z10.
    We can get leap and z30 on unofficial markers like local eBay but leap being more expensive really don't makes sense. I got my z30 two months ago, exchanged it on my old lumia 930.

I was really curious to see BB10

Z30 - STA100-2 - 10.3.2.798
    06-27-15 10:17 AM
    The pricing noted in Brazil is very common in US too.

Leap standard price is $270 right now on Amazon and Z30 can be had for $265... and often much cheaper.

Have no idea why anyone would buy a Leap over a Z30... unless just out of naivety...

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 10:26 AM
    The pricing noted in Brazil is very common in US too.

Leap standard price is $270 right now on Amazon and Z30 can be had for $265... and often much cheaper.

Have no idea why anyone would buy a Leap over a Z30... unless just out of naivety...

Posted via CB10
    Here we go, Another one. In the USA the Z30 is severely lacking LTE bands for AT&T and T-Mobile. LTE is important to me and many others. Go look at the LTE bands the Z30 and the Leap offer and ask yourself again the same question. In the USA the Z30 for GSM carriers is outdated and almost useless on AT&T and soon on T-Mobile.
    06-27-15 12:33 PM
    I had many reasons for purchasing a Leap. None of them were out of naivety. I was a bit tired of my Z10. I was all set to purchase a Passport. Then came the announcement of the Leap and soon to ship by end of year slider. By all accounts the slider will be a high end phone like the passport. So to bridge the gap I purchased a Leap off contract. At the time of purchase the Leap was considerably less than the Z30. Also the Leap has a better radio than Z30 and better bluetooth functionality than the Z10. The Z30 may be a better all around phone, but the Leap suites my needs and will fill the gap until the Slider arrives. The Leap will be a great backup device once I get the slider.
    lift and webber27 like this.
    06-27-15 12:37 PM
    Here we go, Another one. In the USA the Z30 is severely lacking LTE bands for AT&T and T-Mobile. LTE is important to me and many others. Go look at the LTE bands the Z30 and the Leap offer and ask yourself again the same question. In the USA the Z30 for GSM carriers is outdated and almost useless on AT&T and soon on T-Mobile.
    Been using the Z30 on Tmo in the US with no problems whatsoever. While it may change in future it is currently no issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 02:10 PM
    Been using the Z30 on Tmo in the US with no problems whatsoever. While it may change in future it is currently no issue.

Posted via CB10
    It's not an issue in metro areas but when you get out of the city then T-Mobile is using mostly Band 2 LTE which your Z30 does not have.
    It will become more and more of an issue as T-mobile continues to expand LTE coverage using bands your Z30 does not have.
    06-27-15 02:15 PM
    My husband has a AT&T Z30. We work in downtown Chicago but live in the suburbs more than 50 miles away. He gets 4G Lte all the time.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 05:24 PM
    Love my new Leap! My z10 was great but this is even better

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 08:52 PM
    Blackberry do advertise....on the F1 cars.....that cannot be cheap
    07-01-15 01:44 PM
    Got the Leap today. Very nice smartphone. Feels awesome.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 05:46 PM
69 123