Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has seen any Leaps in public or know people who have purchased them?

How is the Leap forum growing in terms of users, questions, volume etc?

Just trying to get an understanding as to how well the Leap is doing sales wise. I know the Blackberry earnings report is on Tuesday but they never separate out specific device sales.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 04:09 AM
    I'd say sales are doing better than the Z3...

But as you can see by looking in this section... not a lot of LEAP activity.
    06-22-15 08:13 AM
    Purchasing my Leap this July! So that's another sale!
    06-22-15 11:45 AM
    Just ordered one from Amazon today.

Posted via CB10
    dondizm likes this.
    06-22-15 04:15 PM
    I have not seen anyone with one.
    In fact I rarely see anyone with a BlackBerry device which is not really a good sign.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    06-22-15 04:34 PM
    You are correct about the lack of Blackberrys seen in public, I own all 3 devices (Z10, Z30 & Leap). BlackBerry doesn't seem to do any advertising from what I can tell. When I had an HTC One with AT&T, I was always at their Support/Repair Center and I asked a Rep, which phones give you guys the most problems and I was told Samsung, IPHONE and HTC. Because AT&T really pushes those phones and not the BlackBerry. After that visit, I traded the HTC for my first BlackBerry (Z10) and been a BlackBerry User ever since.
    Bottom line: BlackBerry is a great phone and perhaps we users need to encourage BlackBerry to push their visibility more. I'm always asked about my LEAP because most folks think it's the iPhone 6plus. I just smile and say, Nope, it's a BlackBerry.
    06-23-15 07:47 AM
    I'll wager a guess and throw out less than 400K in sales since launch. I don't see them at all in public, and even less in enterprise.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    06-23-15 09:27 AM
    I'd say sales are doing better than the Z3...

But as you can see by looking in this section... not a lot of LEAP activity.
    Yeah, have to agree.

The Leap is a perfect mid range device. Something that's good value for money. I can't give exact specs but it's definitely more popular compared to the Z3.

More RAM, More Storage, More Megapixels, Higher screen resolution, bigger battery ect ect.

And it's only around $60 more. So it's only logical that it would be more popular.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    06-23-15 09:45 AM
    Why get a leap instead of z30?

Z30 - STA100-2 - 10.3.2.798
    06-23-15 10:44 AM
    The Leap is a perfect mid range device. Something that's good value for money.
    Take your Blackberry fan glasses off.
    Leap is a horrible mid range device. Totally overpriced and underspeced. Comparable Smartphones from other manufacturers give you far more value for the money.
    chalx likes this.
    06-23-15 10:57 AM
    good for you!
    06-23-15 11:40 AM
    Bad for Blackberry...
    06-23-15 11:48 AM
    I have seen more BlackBerry devices on the new HBO show "The Brink"...two with Jack Black...one of which was a Bold 9900 and the other a Q10...and another Q10 with Tim Robbins who plays the Secretary Of State...LOL...

I can't wait to see someone else besides my mother with a Leap...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    06-23-15 08:24 PM
    Take your Blackberry fan glasses off.
    Leap is a horrible mid range device. Totally overpriced and underspeced. Comparable Smartphones from other manufacturers give you far more value for the money.
    It's worked out for me. So far I am more than pleased with it...but to each his own...

nick13b likes this.
    06-23-15 08:26 PM
    I would assume they sold 100-200K so far

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 08:35 PM
    According to the latest From the conference call, it seems Passport is doing well,(no surprise there) Classic not bad but not so great, and Leap has mixed reactions. Probably it is not doing that great i would assume
    06-23-15 08:35 PM
    Haven't noticed any in public yet, but my sister just ordered one to switch from iPhone 5

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 09:05 PM
    I bought one ( . . . in addition to Z3 / Z10 / Z30, Q5 / Q10, Passport and a pair of Classic).
    Last edited by yhamaie; 06-25-15 at 10:51 AM.
    lift, nick13b and 1raygin like this.
    06-23-15 09:55 PM
    I'm trying to convince my sister to get a Leap instead of her cheap Samsung phone (she hates it because it's so slow).

I think she liked my Z30 and the BB10 OS when I showed it for her, so she might make the "Leap" to BB10 after all :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 01:09 AM
    It's worked out for me. So far I am more than pleased with it...but to each his own...

There are always fandroid and isheep on here so I don't every consider what they think.

People say BlackBerry has low specs but if you honestly directly compare it with an iphone 6. Spec wise, the Leap is better.

+ Bigger Screen
    + 0.1ghz faster CPU
    + bigger battery
    = Same storage
    = Same megapixel camera
    + better front camera
    + More RAM

But it retails for $799 vs $275 so people can't come with the "specs matter" attitude because it clearly doesn't.

I'm not saying an Adreno 330 isn't better than a 225 but with regards to "quickness" of the OS, that's all dependent on Software and the quality of the processor/camera/memory ect.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    adonesc and playbookster like this.
    06-24-15 06:08 AM
    Most likely very low sales. I'd guess 100,000-200,000 units.

Sorry but I think that's pretty realistic given what it is, and how it's priced.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 06:22 AM
    I have not seen anyone with one.
    In fact I rarely see anyone with a BlackBerry device which is not really a good sign.

Posted via CB10
    Here in southern Ontario I see all kinds of Berry's Q's , Z30's , Classics and crap load of 9900's and have seen 1 Leap, in KW the other day saw a Gent all dreesied up sportin a shiny Passport .
    06-24-15 07:06 AM
    People say BlackBerry has low specs but if you honestly directly compare it with an iphone 6. Spec wise, the Leap is better.
    Another guy basically stating: "I got no idea what I am talking about."
    06-24-15 07:27 AM
    Here in southern Ontario I see all kinds of Berry's Q's , Z30's , Classics and crap load of 9900's and have seen 1 Leap, in KW the other day saw a Gent all dreesied up sportin a shiny Passport .
    Yup, tons of BB10 devices around here. Still haven't seen a Leap though.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 12:38 PM
    Sorry Matty, you are wrong. There are lot's of things that come into play when it comes to hardware. Just to name a couple:
    The TYPE of processor and chipset is more important than the raw speed alone.
    The TYPE of camera, the lens of the camera and the camera software are more important than just the Megapixels.
    The SIZE of the screen does matter to some people, but the resolution, TYPE of screen, color accuracy and contrast are VERY important.
    I'm not going to continue because I don't have the time. Please do some research into the points you mention and learn more about what makes hardware better or worse.
    I'm not sticking-up for Apple. I hate them. I'm just stating some facts.
    06-24-15 03:30 PM
69 123