Based on what I'v read in the forums here most people consider the Blackberry Leap underwhelming in regards to specs and would say its overpriced for the specs it has. Especially true when comparing it to other phones such as android or windows phones. In all fairness spec to spec against other new phones in the price range it would seem over-priced all things being equal. But there not equal.

I guess what Im getting at is...

1. Are you willing to pay a premium for privacy/security?

2. Do you think the Blackberry Leap deserves this premium for privacy/security over other phones in its respective price range?

3. Do you think Privacy/Security are now a privilege you must pay extra for? Or should it be a right?
    04-10-15 07:03 PM
    Based on what I'v read in the forums here most people consider the Blackberry Leap underwhelming in regards to specs and would say its overpriced for the specs it has. Especially true when comparing it to other phones such as android or windows phones. In all fairness spec to spec against other new phones in the price range it would seem over-priced all things being equal. But there not equal.

I guess what Im getting at is...

1. Are you willing to pay a premium for privacy/security?

2. Do you think the Blackberry Leap deserves this premium for privacy/security over other phones in its respective price range?

3. Do you think Privacy/Security are now a privilege you must pay extra for? Or should it be a right?
    As far as I know, any Blackberry device is no more safe then any other smartphone unless your connected to a BES server so why would that be a selling point for any consumer?

The device is targeted for the enterprise sector because that's where they decided to put all their eggs at the moment.

As far as seeing a new all touch replacement for the z30, don't hold your breath folks.
    Magnetox likes this.
    04-12-15 04:31 AM
    Honestly I don't see how a non BES bb10 device is any more secure than a typical apple or android. I think that ship sailed when BlackBerry chose not to use BIS on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 06:43 AM
    Honestly I don't see how a non BES bb10 device is any more secure than a typical apple or android. I think that ship sailed when BlackBerry chose not to use BIS on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Actually it is more secure on the phone hacking side. How many BB10 phones can be rooted? Since apps run in a sandbox, then cross app "hacking" also isn't possible. The boot time is long because it checks all the system files to make sure nothing is hacked. A security wipe, by writing zeros in the storage multiple times, is just that and not just deleting the table of file contents like the other OS's. There are many features of BB10 devices that make it a more secure device than the others.
    nhanken and jon4400 like this.
    04-12-15 07:02 AM