I was right! Muahahahah

Posted via CB10
    Come on! Now reveal us the specs!! Octacore 4GHz, 128 GB ROM, 8GB RAM?? Just kidding...

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.1565
    03-03-15 04:30 AM
    This cannot be, what about the all those "leaving the hardware segment" know it alls, they couldn't be wrong, right?

VAPORWEAR I TELL YOU, VAPORWEAR.

But seriously, I don't put too much into what is shown at these shows especially with the pace BB has to move due to their size. This won't hit AT&T for a year.
    03-03-15 05:26 AM
    This cannot be, what about the all those "leaving the hardware segment" know it alls, they couldn't be wrong, right?

VAPORWEAR I TELL YOU, VAPORWEAR.

But seriously, I don't put too much into what is shown at these shows especially with the pace BB has to move due to their size. This won't hit AT&T for a year.
    Yes, you're right. Some guy waving a niche within niche slider concept phone clearly demonstrates BB's commitment to HW.

And it's available in 2015 too apparently...
    03-03-15 05:31 AM
    Hard to see where Blackberry is going from a pure device perspective.

I find it interesting the Z3 (another "vanilla" device) which was touted as the cheap Chinese device killer, which was not well received due to it's relatively conservative (vanilla) configuration. We in the West seem to think the emerging markets don't appreciate or can afford current generation technology and are very happy getting devices older generation hardware. I think that's a total misread of the state of the world.

I think the device market is commoditizing as the devices are starting to look all the same. However, I think folks still want a device with some new features that no one else has.

Of course Blackberry has exited the consumer device market, so again hard to see where this train is going.
    03-03-15 12:56 PM
    Hard to see where Blackberry is going from a pure device perspective.

I find it interesting the Z3 (another "vanilla" device) which was touted as the cheap Chinese device killer, which was not well received due to it's relatively conservative (vanilla) configuration. We in the West seem to think the emerging markets don't appreciate or can afford current generation technology and are very happy getting devices older generation hardware. I think that's a total misread of the state of the world.

I think the device market is commoditizing as the devices are starting to look all the same. However, I think folks still want a device with some new features that no one else has.

Of course Blackberry has exited the consumer device market, so again hard to see where this train is going.
    Yes, I always wanted a "unique" device... even my bold was unique at the time. I had a Samsung Slider D500 once, too when the flip phones of Motorola were en vogue...

Now I have the Passport as a Flagship...

I think that Mr. Chen is still looking to the movements in the market... since BlackBerry 10 he tried Q10 then Z and then "heard the fans" by adding the toolbelt to the Q bringing out the classic. Then the Passport that he "did not kill" when the concept was already there when he came.

What phone is missing in the fleet? Yeah, a slider and a curved display.

So after that, they might analyse the tendencies, the cries and cheers and then may be concentrate on one to two models...

We wonder why the iPhone is always the same since years... why? Because Apple found the perfect shape and weight of the gold bar.

So slowly growing and learning from the mistakes, the phoenix arises from the ashes!!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    03-03-15 01:24 PM
30 12