I'm starting to think that BlackBerry may be using the Leap as a decoy for another device they have been working harder to release.

What are your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:48 PM
    Especially with the lack of rumours and clamping down on leaks, surely there's something greater in the works they've worked harder to hide.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:49 PM
    If, that's true. It would be great! But I honestly doubt it.
    02-28-15 09:51 PM
    My experience tells me to take BlackBerry at face value and maybe a little under that. First of all, this is what they typically deliver and secondly, it just makes for less disappointment later.
    nycspaces. likes this.
    02-28-15 11:07 PM
    I think BlackBerry is certainly going to continue coming out with new devices and I do think there is a high end all touch in down the road, that may very well be in the works as we speak, I certainly want one, but a decoy? That's a far stretch.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:16 PM
    Considering John Chen has vowed to clamp down on leaks, he should be freaking out about the crystal clear images of the Leap that are circulating the net. Usually leaks are made up of blurry images so it does seem odd.
    02-28-15 11:53 PM
    If the LEAP is a decoy, it is a pretty crappy one. Decoys are supposed to keep the target distracted.

No one but the Blackberry faithful know or care about a reworked low end phone with 3 year old specs and even many of comments on here are about how disappointing the device is.

I don't know if Blackberry has anything else in the works but Rio is definitely not a decoy. Decoys are supposed to be buzzworthy.
    JeepBB and James Nieves like this.
    03-01-15 12:28 AM
    Hopefully we find out Tuesday
    03-01-15 12:33 AM
    I thought that square, sharp edged device with only three rows was a decoy for the real device BlackBerry was working on.

It turned out to be the Passport, and now I have two of them.

I'm not excited about the Leap, and honestly I'm confused by it. Was the Z3 such a massive hit in those certain markets that they need basically a followup to it so soon? I don't foresee the Leap selling well in the U.S., unless it's free on-contract and the American people suddenly stop caring about major apps.
    03-01-15 12:43 AM
    That would be a big surprise and a good one.
    I think it would show their competition that they mean business coming out with two or may be three devices at the same time. The Leap,Jump and then Bolt.
    The Leap as a starter phone.
    The Jump as a power phone.
    The Bolt as their power tablet.
    What do you think?
    BlackBerry Bolt tablet sounds neat eh.

Posted from a BlackBerry Z30

Posted via CB10
    quikchip likes this.
    03-01-15 01:00 AM
    Leap is their leap device into Android.

I don't think a low budget outdated device would warrant a press conference. Who knows.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:03 AM

I don't think a low budget outdated device would warrant a press conference. Who knows.

Posted via CB10
    It would if there's a bear riding a unicycle and wearing a tutu while displaying the device ..... Seems fitting for such a circus of a device.
    JeepBB and marty314 like this.
    03-01-15 10:58 AM
    It would if there's a bear riding a unicycle and wearing a tutu while displaying the device ..... Seems fitting for such a circus of a device.
    Great ... and now I have that bear from Madagascar 3 cycling around in my head while Con Te Partiro plays. LOL

Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

On-topic: I'd be astonished if the "meh" Leap turned out to be a decoy and Chen did a "just one more thing, Ma'am" Columbo thing before the smoke-machines kicked in and an awesome octocore, zillion GHz, 1080P, touchscreen handset emerged to gasps from the assembled crowd.

Guess we'll see if that fantasy plays out in a couple of days when Chen speaks in some conference room near MWC.
    03-01-15 12:44 PM
    The Leap,Jump and then Bolt.
    The Leap as a starter phone.
    The Jump as a power phone.
    The Bolt as their power tablet.
    What do you think?
    BlackBerry Bolt tablet sounds neat eh.

Posted from a BlackBerry Z30

Posted via CB10
    Those names actually really do sound pretty awesome.
    03-01-15 03:50 PM
    On-topic: I'd be astonished if the "meh" Leap turned out to be a decoy and Chen did a "just one more thing, Ma'am" Columbo thing before the smoke-machines kicked in and an awesome octocore, zillion GHz, 1080P, touchscreen handset emerged to gasps from the assembled crowd.

Guess we'll see if that fantasy plays out in a couple of days when Chen speaks in some conference room near MWC.
    Apologies for the bad form of quoting myself, but it appears that the Leap may really have been a decoy.

Chen has announced that he's bringing the best bits of BB10 to Android, iOS and WinPhone as Apps. So you could enjoy using the benefits of the efficient BB10 Hub on a non-BB device.

BlackBerry wants to bring its secret sauce to iPhone, Android - CNET

Hard to see why anyone would continue to choose to buy a BB10 device if they can get BB10 services added to the existing advantages (ecosystem etc) of using their iOS/Android devices.
    bmorgan67 likes this.
    03-01-15 04:04 PM
    ...snip...

Hard to see why anyone would continue to choose to buy a BB10 device if they can get BB10 services added to the existing advantages (ecosystem etc) of using their iOS/Android devices.
    Because they genuinely like the BB10 OS and BlackBerry devices.
    03-01-15 05:04 PM
    Thanks for posting that link.
    Good read.

Posted via CB10 on my ZED10
    03-01-15 05:41 PM
    I'm starting to think that BlackBerry may be using the Leap as a decoy for another device they have been working harder to release.

What are your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Let's hope this is gonna be true because we all know who would be singing "I will always love you!". Queen Jaydee

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:57 PM
    Those names actually really do sound pretty awesome.
    Bring the rumored "Titan" and squash those puny iDroids ...
    :-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    Monsterlad likes this.
    03-02-15 02:04 AM
    If they focused on multitasking, security and other advantages that QNX can help differentiate with, then power users will be convinced.
    03-02-15 02:52 AM
    It better be a decoy. It sucks imho.

Q10 | SQN100-3 | CIRCA 2013
    03-02-15 03:28 AM
    Why surprised? Didn't they say there would be an LTE version of Z3?
    03-02-15 04:32 AM
    Apparently the OP was right!
    03-03-15 03:35 AM
    yes... it was a hint... slider closed... LOL
    03-03-15 03:53 AM
    I was right! Muahahahah

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 03:55 AM
30 12