Just out of curiosity why are you abandoning Apple? I am a loyal blackberry user owner for years now just I am curious what moved you to swap to BlackBerry. Not wanting to sound to BlackBerry proud but the BB10 OS is a communication workhorse in my opinion. The amount of easiness in the hub for finding old emails, forwarding, sharing, editing is above Android or Apple! Good luck with your choice but note that if you are an avid app user you might not like BlackBerry. If you want a phone you can use for communication emails messages etc and phone then BlackBerry is for you. The Leap would be a good starter device for you since you get the latest OS and for the future sure upgrades as it's the newest phone on the fleet. If you are switching platforms perhaps you should try it for a few weeks maybe with a different sim and see if it suits you before crossing over to the BlackBerry side!! The Slider is supposed to be the flagship phone although not enough data on it yet. You will love for sure the hub and the BlackBerry virtual keyboard. One needs to try to believe.

Good luck with your choice.

Posted via CB10
    Call it iFatigue. A few reasons.

I like Apple and use both a personal iMac and corporate issued iPad (of which I both like and will continue to use) but I have been immersed in their world for a few years now and would like to try something new. I have friends with BB and they always give good reviews.

Regarding the apps. I actually dont use that many. Some social media, texting, weather. documents, maps. All of the apps I use are available on the BB and I haven't looked at Android yet.

Lastly, the iPhone is overpriced. My contract is up and I am looking to upgrade the old 4S. A new iPhone is $1000 vs $350 for the Leap. Now the iPhone may be better equipped but its not three times as good. Just not prepared to spend that amount of money on a casual communications device. Apple has priced themselves out of my range.

I also live close to Waterloo so call it buying local.
    04-24-15 12:22 PM
    Thanks for your explanation. I am one who believes all platforms can co-exist. Competition makes other companies strive for better. If there was only monopoly then it would be hard to improve. I hope you enjoy the Leap if that's your final choice and finally see first hand how much easier the simple things can be done in BB10 vs other platforms. My gf has an iPhone and she loves it. A friend of mine has Note 3 and he loves it. It's just finding what you prefer as a person and what suits you better. Reading reviews is nice but a personal experience is always the best decision maker of them all. Is like movies.... Just because they get a low rating on IMDB doesn't make them bad!!!!

Good luck and write your experiences when you cross over to the BlackBerry side.

Posted via CB10
    baarn likes this.
    04-24-15 12:43 PM
    Which OS does it come with ? (OS and software version please.)
    04-24-15 02:37 PM
    Is it true that the Leap has not all sensors?
    So some guys in Germany told that it would not switch off when putting in holster and no compass app available because of missing gyroscope?

When that is true, than poor Blackberry. New model with lost feaures.

Martin
    04-28-15 10:55 AM
    What kind of future support will the Leap get with all the missing sensors? Practically will only get OS updates, and that's it.

Meat and Potatoes support, until the next device with missing sensors or ports comes in to play...

Might as well stick with a Z10, if the company puts out even more new devices, with less and less features.

Kind of ironic, for the first BB10 device made, the Z10 kicks **** to the new Leap for all the missing sensors and features. Just needs better battery life.

They are ruining it for themselves once again, I think...

Posted from BlackBerry Z10.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-28-15 12:26 PM
    "All the missing sensors and features".

Right, let's set this straight.

The Leap:
    - No Magnetic Sensor which means no compass app. If you try and tell me that you actually used the compass app then you are lying to me.
    - No gyroscope sensor. You will not notice this in every day use as the accelerometer takes over for most tasks.
    - No NFC. Again, like anyone actually used it enough to justify it.
    - No mini-HDMI port. None of the new-gen BB devices have one. Stop picking on the Leap for not having it, none of them do.

And that's it. In day-to-day use you are not going to notice a difference unless you played games that specifically used the gryoscope or you, for some reason, REALLY liked the compass app. (???)
    04-28-15 12:58 PM
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Pensa MK; 04-28-15 at 02:28 PM.
    04-28-15 02:07 PM
    "All the missing sensors and features".

Right, let's set this straight.

The Leap:
    - No Magnetic Sensor which means no compass app. If you try and tell me that you actually used the compass app then you are lying to me.
    - No gyroscope sensor. You will not notice this in every day use as the accelerometer takes over for most tasks.
    - No NFC. Again, like anyone actually used it enough to justify it.
    - No mini-HDMI port. None of the new-gen BB devices have one. Stop picking on the Leap for not having it, none of them do.

And that's it. In day-to-day use you are not going to notice a difference unless you played games that specifically used the gryoscope or you, for some reason, REALLY liked the compass app. (???)
    I need the magnetic sensor for holster use...,nfc for quick files sharing and profiles!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-28-15 02:45 PM
    Agreed. See, someone else has a use for these features...

04-28-15 02:49 PM
    The Z30 is cheaper, but apparently it won't be receiving any further updates from BlackBerry.

Many people complain about the dim AMOLED screen on the Z30, so if a bright, good-looking screen is a huge thing for you then the Leap wins.

If it were me, I'd go for the Leap because of the newness and future support.
    Woah Woah calm down there, the Z30 is definitely getting all the updates any BlackBerry 10 is getting since it is based on all the same hardware. Even the z10 is getting all updates since the classic and leap are basically the same thing.

The leap has nothing beyond the LCD screen vs the z30, but that's a personal preference. I miss the z30 amoled at times but my passport has a flawless ultra hd screen so I can't complain.

To the user asking if it's better to go for the z30 or leap: no question about it the z30 is better. All its specs are better, it's small in size but has the same screen AND is currently cheaper than the leap.
    Z30 all the way.
    mubarak1 likes this.
    04-28-15 02:58 PM
    I like the Z30. Great device...

04-28-15 03:04 PM
    [WARN]Let's skip the bickering, please. Discuss, debate, disagree -- but do it in a civil manner.[/WARN]
    04-28-15 03:05 PM
    [WARN]Let's skip the bickering, please. Discuss, debate, disagree -- but do it in a civil manner.[/WARN]
    No one is saying anything. Thank you.

04-28-15 03:08 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Z30 but I want a Leap now even though the specs are less. Just want something new and fresh.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 04:41 PM
    I thought I had read that BB was to stop supporting the first lineup of BB10 devices. I can't seem to find anything about it now, so I apologize if I've spread some false info.
    04-28-15 07:25 PM
    I disagree that the Z10 is even in the same league as the leap. Battery life is a more important feature for most than NFC or any of the sensors not included with the Leap.

The Leap was a good choice for me because I wanted a new device, not a 2.5 year old Z30. The LED screen is much brighter than the Z30's AMOLED, and I do a lot of reading and watching videos on my phone. I don't play games, never use the compass app, and prefer a hard case in my pocket over a holster.

I own a Nexus 6, Lumia 1520, and a Bold 9900 in addition to the leap and the Leap is by far the most productive and practical device. Like all BB10 devices, its only downfall is the lack of OS-specific apps.
    04-28-15 07:33 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I disagree that the Z10 is even in the same league as the leap. Battery life is a more important feature for most than NFC or any of the sensors not included with the Leap.

The Leap was a good choice for me because I wanted a new device, not a 2.5 year old Z30. The LED screen is much brighter than the Z30's AMOLED, and I do a lot of reading and watching videos on my phone. I don't play games, never use the compass app, and prefer a hard case in my pocket over a holster.

I own a Nexus 6, Lumia 1520, and a Bold 9900 in addition to the leap and the Leap is by far the most productive and practical device. Like all BB10 devices, its only downfall is the lack of OS-specific apps.
    +1 well said... I agree!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 05:29 AM

Oh you have some good phones too...
    How is the leap display compared to 1520 and nexus 6?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 06:27 AM
    Oh you have some good phones too...
    How is the leap display compared to 1520 and nexus 6?

Posted via CB10
    Not as good, from a specifications standpoint, but from a laying-down-in-bed reading/watching before going to sleep standpoint, the difference isn't enough to knock the leap and the phone is able to be held comfortably with one hand.
    04-29-15 09:14 AM
    Z30 is not cheaper than the Leap in most of the markets. And Z 30 will continue to receive quite a lot of upgrades as it has enough internal storage space unlike Z3.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 09:21 AM
    I assume you mean corporate support. BB10 devices are all supported. Hell even bb0s devices are still being supported. That's one fo the reason why they are in the sh.....
    The Z30 is cheaper, but apparently it won't be receiving any further updates from BlackBerry.

Many people complain about the dim AMOLED screen on the Z30, so if a bright, good-looking screen is a huge thing for you then the Leap wins.

If it were me, I'd go for the Leap because of the newness and future support.
    04-29-15 09:53 AM
    I assume you mean corporate support. BB10 devices are all supported. Hell even bb0s devices are still being supported. That's one fo the reason why they are in the sh.....
    Yeah, another user called me out on this...I made the mistake of not quoting his post.

I'll edit the original so I'm not a catalyst for misinformation.
    04-29-15 11:19 AM
    How'r advanced interactions working for you? And how's the Leap with heavy usage in terms of performance and warmth?

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    04-30-15 10:05 PM
    How'r advanced interactions working for you? And how's the Leap with heavy usage in terms of performance and warmth?

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    Very good questions. I would like to know that as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 08:12 AM
    So far not overheat issues at all. The leap performs well very little lag of any.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 08:17 AM
68 123