My screen on the Z30 is perfect on the middle brightness and even at the lowest setting.
    I am sure the leap will be a good work horse and for people who want a BB for business im sure it will do a great job.

Not everyone wants and needs a phone full of apps that most people use a few times then delete, but I could be wrong

congrats on your IT person for getting you a NEW BlackBerry. Berry ON
    05-01-15 10:00 AM
    Very good questions. I would like to know that as well.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with o4liberty. I haven't had much lag, unless it's with an Android app (usually Spotify). I haven't experienced any overheating.
    sibeans likes this.
    05-01-15 10:33 AM
    My screen on the Z30 is perfect on the middle brightness and even at the lowest setting.
    I am sure the leap will be a good work horse and for people who want a BB for business im sure it will do a great job.

Not everyone wants and needs a phone full of apps that most people use a few times then delete, but I could be wrong

congrats on your IT person for getting you a NEW BlackBerry. Berry ON
    Agreed. The personal preference argument will always be a fallacy. Now I've got this Bold 9900 just sitting here collecting dust.
    sibeans likes this.
    05-01-15 10:35 AM
    So just how long is the battery life on the Leap?

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    05-02-15 08:39 AM
    Agreed. The personal preference argument will always be a fallacy. Now I've got this Bold 9900 just sitting here collecting dust.
    I have my Bold sitting in the craddle using it as a clock with wifi still going on it. A Great phone still
    05-02-15 02:15 PM
    What carrier are you using?

looks similar to sony's xperia
    05-06-15 11:41 AM
    How long do the notifications last for? Is it longer than the passports measly 4 seconds.

Passport to heaven..
    05-08-15 01:23 PM
    What carrier are you using?

looks similar to sony's xperia
    T mobile.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 11:04 PM
    How long do the notifications last for? Is it longer than the passports measly 4 seconds.

Passport to heaven..
    I'm guessing you're talking about the notifications that pop up while using the phone. I've had the classic and the passport and I can't tell a difference.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 11:07 PM
    How do you find your battery life? And what os version are you running? I've had my leap for 2 days now and I'm getting the feeling that the battery on my particular leap could be better

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 08:26 AM
    How do you find your battery life? And what os version are you running? I've had my leap for 2 days now and I'm getting the feeling that the battery on my particular leap could be better

Posted via CB10
    The battery life has improved since I've gotten it...from mild to heavy use I get roughly 23-26 hours before I have 5% remaining. I also had to go into settings and make sure my Android apps weren't constantly running in the background.
    05-13-15 09:13 AM
    The battery life has improved since I've gotten it...from mild to heavy use I get roughly 23-26 hours before I have 5% remaining. I also had to go into settings and make sure my Android apps weren't constantly running in the background.
    Oh okay. What part of your s did you go to to access that function?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 11:06 AM
    Oh okay. What part of your s did you go to to access that function?

Posted via CB10
    1. Go to your device Settings menu and sellect App Manager.

BlackBerry Leap Arrived Today, Feel Free to Ask Any Quesitons-1.png

2. In App Manager, click on the blue letters under Application Permissions.

BlackBerry Leap Arrived Today, Feel Free to Ask Any Quesitons-2.png

3. Go through the list of your applications and determine which Android apps you want to authorize to run in the background when they are minimized. An example of an app I allow to run in the background is Spotify. The next picture shows the app settings of Wunderlist (an Android to-do list app), that I do not allow to run in the background.

BlackBerry Leap Arrived Today, Feel Free to Ask Any Quesitons-3.png
    05-13-15 12:35 PM
    I'm guessing you're talking about the notifications that pop up while using the phone. I've had the classic and the passport and I can't tell a difference.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry no, I meant how long do they actually last for when ringing to notify you.

Passport to heaven..
    05-14-15 02:01 AM
    Does the Leap use the same type of SIM card like the Z10? Can I switch the SIM card from my Z10 directly to the Leap?!

Sorry if this question has been asked before...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    05-18-15 11:03 PM
    Does the Leap use the same type of SIM card like the Z10? Can I switch the SIM card from my Z10 directly to the Leap?!

Sorry if this question has been asked before...

Yeah it's the same sim as the z10

Posted via CB10
    adonesc likes this.
    05-19-15 02:18 AM
    Phew...thanks for the answer. Well...I think I'm going to go for it and get myself a Leap...Just need a frigging case and I should be ok...LOL.

05-19-15 08:59 PM
    "All the missing sensors and features".

Right, let's set this straight.

Snip...

- No NFC. Again, like anyone actually used it enough to justify it.
    - No mini-HDMI port. None of the new-gen BB devices have one. Stop picking on the Leap for not having it, none of them do.
    These are the exact two reasons that I wont purchase a Leap. The lack of HDMI out is a show stopper. NFC is very desirable but I could get around it.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-20-15 11:59 AM
68 123