09-10-17 11:08 AM
51 123
tools
    BlackBerry have a sale on a Leap for $179.
    Is anyone getting one? Currently I have a Passport and Z30, but wanted to try a Leap.
    11-25-15 08:03 PM
    If I were you I'd be weary of investing too much money in the BB10 OS and devices...

The future, if there is even one left, doesn't look too bright or promising for the BlackBerry native operating system and hardware.

If there is a future for the hardware division, BlackBerry is seemingly getting ready to switch to Android. If that fails, they will abandon handsets completely...

I've gotten rid of my Z10...and will do the same with the PlayBook I still have.

I will only have the Leap...and if everything goes the way of the do-do birds...I'm going to get used to be without BlackBerry...at least without burning a whole in my pocket...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Last edited by adonesc; 11-25-15 at 09:00 PM.
    11-25-15 08:44 PM
    If you have a Z30 already you should only consider the Leap if it will have better radio bands (likely, if you're in the US).

I have a Z30 and I was appalled tonight playing with other devices. This Z30 coulda been a contender. A lot of what is out there right now is just bunk junk.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 08:56 PM
    Sounds like I should stick with my Passport and Note 5...
    11-25-15 09:41 PM
    If I were you I'd be weary of investing too much money in the BB10 OS and devices...

The future, if there is even one left, doesn't look too bright or promising for the BlackBerry native operating system and hardware.

If there is a future for the hardware division, BlackBerry is seemingly getting ready to switch to Android. If that fails, they will abandon handsets completely...

I've gotten rid of my Z10...and will do the same with the PlayBook I still have.

I will only have the Leap...and if everything goes the way of the do-do birds...I'm going to get used to be without BlackBerry...at least without burning a whole in my pocket...

Hmm, Yeah, you speak about the future of their Hardware division but wasn't a Nokia 230 just release with really low specs? What I mean by this is that low spec devices can still do all the basic things you need.

I believe no matter what BlackBerry device you own, it will last for the next 5 years with no issues. Browsing the Web, using social media like WhatsApp, BBM, WeChat ect will be supported and the hardware will cope easily, can't see that changing much.

I'm looking to purchase a Passport Silver Edition next year as my "Last" BlackBerry 10 device. Sure it will die one day but it will definitely last 2 - 3 years with no issues.

If you like the Leap OP, get it. I have one, I love it to bits and will definitely be keeping it till the battery dies on me. The BlackBerry 10 OS is getting an update next year so it's no where near dead yet. Keep the faith and we may see another BlackBerry 10 launching

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    11-27-15 11:37 AM
    Plenty of low end Android phones don't get updated really. I doubt Jelly Bean will become obsolete within the next two years, which is the average lifetime for a phone anyway. $179 off contract is pretty low risk, and you can supplant BB10's quickly completely irrelevant app market with the Play Store.
    11-27-15 01:59 PM
    Is anyone getting one? Currently I have a Passport and Z30, but wanted to try a Leap.
    Where can this sale price be found?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 03:17 PM
    Where can this sale price be found?

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry.com...
    11-27-15 04:18 PM
    I bought one and love it. Wanted the Z30 but needed the better LTE coverage.

If you're happy with BB10 as it is, and don't expect to need anything more than that out of your phone for the next year or so, I think the Leap is a good deal, especially at the current sale price.
    11-28-15 12:28 PM
    Buy the Leap and get a cheap Android tablet for the "app gap".

Posted via Classic
    Blackismyweakness likes this.
    11-29-15 01:56 PM
    When buying a BB10 device now keep in mind that runtime development has ended. Since native apps have basically been abandoned you are probably going to be looking at a situation where most Droid apps crash on your device and you are left with a sms/mms/talk/email/browser slab.
    12-02-15 07:29 AM
    I bought a Priv, and a Asus ZenWatch 2, too. Seems to work nicely, thus far. The wearables are a direction where BlackBerry can start to grow in...
    12-02-15 11:29 AM
    Hmm, Yeah, you speak about the future of their Hardware division but wasn't a Nokia 230 just release with really low specs? What I mean by this is that low spec devices can still do all the basic things you need.

I believe no matter what BlackBerry device you own, it will last for the next 5 years with no issues. Browsing the Web, using social media like WhatsApp, BBM, WeChat ect will be supported and the hardware will cope easily, can't see that changing much.

I'm looking to purchase a Passport Silver Edition next year as my "Last" BlackBerry 10 device. Sure it will die one day but it will definitely last 2 - 3 years with no issues.

If you like the Leap OP, get it. I have one, I love it to bits and will definitely be keeping it till the battery dies on me. The BlackBerry 10 OS is getting an update next year so it's no where near dead yet. Keep the faith and we may see another BlackBerry 10 launching

Posted via CB10
    Not exactly sure what you meant by that reply. I agree about the Leap. It is an excellent device. I said, that personally I'd be weary of investing in BlackBerry 10 at this point in time given all the moves and changes over at BlackBerry and their apparent switch to Android.

If that proves successful the likelihood of BlackBerry maintaining BB10 and continuing to manufacture any BB10 devices, while at the same time manufacturing devices for Google Android, is in doubt. Why would they keep BB10.

My Leap is my primary and only smartphone I now possess. I gave away my Z10 and the PlayBook will follow...and until things are becoming clearer I won't be purchasing any other BlackBerry devices...hence not burning a hole in my pocket.

The Leap is definitely a great device for me as a user. It is head and shoulders above most entry level Nokia phones in most aspects. So I'm aware that I don't need a top specs device to basically accomplish most routine tasks. That is why I purchased the Leap...

12-07-15 08:07 PM
    I looked it up and I only see $199
    12-08-15 10:25 AM
    I guess that the black Friday sale is over.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 02:12 PM
    My brother had a z10 but it died, so he's using a bold 9790, I told him to check out the leap. Should he go for a leap or a z30?

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10
    12-08-15 08:15 PM
    My brother had a z10 but it died, so he's using a bold 9790, I told him to check out the leap. Should he go for a leap or a z30?

Z30 for specs, Leap for AT&T LTE coverage and a warranty. I don't think you can buy a new Z30 anymore.
    12-08-15 11:05 PM

At this point it will be extremely difficult to find a brand new Z30. It is the better phone but the Leap for the price they're asking is a good phone as well and far less hassle to get.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 04:36 PM
    Guys, I am new to the Leap!! Amazing smartphone...coming from Z10 and Q10. Yes, I do miss the keyboard, but needed a bigger screen due for view issues...

Amazing product, really!!

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 04:54 AM
    Totally worth it. It's a nice phone.
    12-20-15 10:18 PM
    At that price you are basically competing with low end Android. I think the Leap or other BB10 devices are still a worthwhile investment at that price. Afterall, most low end Androids IMO will suffer from lag and lack any official updates as well.

Myself, I picked up a Q5 for cheap and am happy with it for my needs. My Android device has more apps, but all I ever do is download some games and delete after the annoyances pop up (which happens pretty quick).

TL;DR
    If you are happy with what it does today it is a good price.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 01:09 PM
    Thinking about getting the Leap but 264 Euros seems to expensive for the specs the Leap a offers...keep thinking about it...

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 05:12 AM
    Thinking about getting the Leap but 264 Euros seems to expensive for the specs the Leap a offers...keep thinking about it...

Posted via CB10
    264 euros? Where? In Amazon Ita or Germany you can buy it cheaper....

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 09:55 AM
    I've had my Leap since it came out, no major complaints here...had an ear speaker issue, but it was repaired quick and all good.

Posted by BB10 OS...The World's Best OS!
    12-27-15 08:45 AM
    264 euros? Where? In Amazon Ita or Germany you can buy it cheaper....

Posted via CB10
    From the official BlackBerry store including shipping costs.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 12:15 PM
51 123