Hey Guys im thinking about getting the leap anyone that have it and if anyone have it is it good for the newest bb10 os to be??
    01-20-21 12:03 PM
    Hey Guys im thinking about getting the leap anyone that have it and if anyone have it is it good for the newest bb10 os to be??
    It's fine - for a 5 year old phone running an EOL OS whose backend services are being shut down at the end of this year.

The jury is also still out as to whether it can even do calls and text after the demise of 3G.
    John Albert and choveloqe like this.
    01-20-21 05:00 PM
    It's fine - for a 5 year old phone running an EOL OS whose backend services are being shut down at the end of this year.

The jury is also still out as to whether it can even do calls and text after the demise of 3G.
    Any pros and cons on the blackberry leap as I could not find on Google?
    01-20-21 05:19 PM
    I’d say not really any pros but mostly cons at this late stage. As conite said above, you’ve got about 11 months or so.
    01-20-21 05:23 PM
    I’d say not really any pros but mostly cons at this late stage. As conite said above, you’ve got about 11 months or so.
    I Will give it a try maybe im Lucky that i can still use it and if not then i can use it as My vacation device
    01-20-21 06:15 PM
    When comparing to other BB10 devices, it's the best slab phone because of its wider compatibility with 4G networks.
    01-20-21 06:32 PM
    When comparing to other BB10 devices, it's the best slab phone because of its wider compatibility with 4G networks.
    So technically i can keep use it next year too because of its wider compatibility with 4g or do I understand wrong??
    01-20-21 06:48 PM
    So technically i can keep use it next year too because of its wider compatibility with 4g or do I understand wrong??
    Depends on where you are in the world. The Leap, like any other BB10 phone, relies on the 3G service for calls and texts. 4G/LTE is only for data.

In the US, 3G is on borrowed time. Just over a year to maybe several years depending on the carrier. Without 3G, the Leap has no cell service.

Other parts of the world has various schedules with a few likely keeping 3G for some time.

But then there's the BB10 backend shutdown in Jan 2022. There goes BlackBerry Protect, BBID, and BlackBerry World. And, no backups with Link.

Probably won't be able to use the auto setup for emails, but the manual method should still work.

But, it's up to you how much of the above is important to you. Should be a fine device as long as you're aware of the limitations and possible future uselessness.
    01-20-21 07:49 PM
    Hard to say.

4G is not the same thing as VoLTE - the latter of which you need to make calls over 4G.
    01-20-21 07:57 PM
    Depends on where you are in the world. The Leap, like any other BB10 phone, relies on the 3G service for calls and texts. 4G/LTE is only for data.

In the US, 3G is on borrowed time. Just over a year to maybe several years depending on the carrier. Without 3G, the Leap has no cell service.

Other parts of the world has various schedules with a few likely keeping 3G for some time.

But then there's the BB10 backend shutdown in Jan 2022. There goes BlackBerry Protect, BBID, and BlackBerry World. And, no backups with Link.

Probably won't be able to use the auto setup for emails, but the manual method should still work.

But, it's up to you how much of the above is important to you. Should be a fine device as long as you're aware of the limitations and possible future uselessness.
    No problem for me i Will figure a way out for it as I dont wanna change My blackberry leap when i get it tomorrow
    01-20-21 08:30 PM
    Hard to say.

4G is not the same thing as VoLTE - the latter of which you need to make calls over 4G.
    Its worth to try next year right otherwise i Will use it as My vacation Phone in turkey if it not work
    01-20-21 08:32 PM
    No problem for me i Will figure a way out for it as I dont wanna change My blackberry leap when i get it tomorrow
    Not sure where you are in the world... but if in the US, let us know how activation goes.
    01-21-21 09:40 AM