Hi.. I updated the BlackBerry Help app to v. 10.3.3.41 which I am not comfortable at all.. it hasn't got the search feature which was so easy to use where you just type a word and how get all topics related...
    Can anybody advise on how to go back to the version which was originally installed on the device.. I am holding a Leap running on OS 10.3..2.2474...
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 10:31 AM
    if you know what OS version it was on just download the bar file and install it thru sachesi
    02-18-16 05:16 PM
    Yeah, you don't need to revert the entire OS, just the file for the Help app in this instance.

1) Download this:

help-10.3.2.165 [5.49MB] http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

2) Download this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

3) Use the tool from 2) to install the file from 1) onto your phone.
    02-18-16 07:04 PM
    Hi Thurask... thanks for the help..now, I have downloaded the file from step 1.. opened step 2: went to page 1 and found two links.. which one should I install?? And please bear with me a bit as I am familiar at all with these operations... so, after your reply on which link to install: I have to use what's installed in step 2 (the tool) to install the file from step 1... can you please explain in brief how this can be done...

And at the end of this process, I understand that I will have back the BlackBerry Help app that I used to have before updating?? Is that right???

Thanks again and excuse my details...

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 04:15 AM
    The first one:

https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases

And yes, the Help file provided above will revert it back to the old help App which you preffered

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 04:29 AM
    OK.. opened the first one and that's what I got... now; what should I do?? I see 5 items??? And again excuse my negligence...
    BlackBerry Help- Need to revert OS.-img_20160219_131319.png

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 05:15 AM
    Hi.. another thing: the file I installed from step 1 is zipped... should I unzip it??

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 06:05 AM
    Don't unpack the bar file.

As for Sachesi, download whichever one is under 2.0.3 for your computer. You do need a computer.
    02-19-16 09:09 AM
    Thurask.. maybe you are surprised... but I don't understand what you're saying.. my questions:
    1. What is the "bar"
    2. Which one of the 5 items should I download to the computer??
    3. After downloading to the computer, what should I do??
    4. Should I unzip the file I downloaded from step 1??

Please be kind enough to help me in a step by step cause I am not familiar with these things at all..

Thanks..

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 10:26 AM
    Thurask.. maybe you are surprised... but I don't understand what you're saying.. my questions:
    1. What is the "bar"
    2. Which one of the 5 items should I download to the computer??
    3. After downloading to the computer, what should I do??
    4. Should I unzip the file I downloaded from step 1??

Please be kind enough to help me in a step by step cause I am not familiar with these things at all..

Thanks..

Posted via CB10
    1) The help file from the first link I gave you. ".bar" is the file format for BlackBerry apps.
    2) Well, do you have a Mac, Windows or Linux computer? The source code links aren't relevant here.
    3) Download Sachesi, extract Sachesi, open Sachesi. Plug in your phone, get it connected to Sachesi. Go to the Install tab, drag and drop the help bar onto Sachesi. It should install onto your phone.
    4) No.
    02-19-16 10:37 AM
    Very much appreciate your patience...
    OK.. that is what I'll do:
    1. Download the bar onto my computer and keep it as it is without unzipping.
    2. Download the windows version of step 2 onto the computer and extracting it there (in the computer)
    3. Connect the phone to the computer.

Now.. after that: should I drag the Schashi to the phone (where in the phone ??)
    4. Drag the bar file and dropping it into Schashi

That's what I understood... the only thing I am missing is whether to drag the Schashi to the phone and drag the bar to it.. or do this operation on the computer??

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 10:57 AM
    Very much appreciate your patience...
    OK.. that is what I'll do:
    1. Download the bar onto my computer and keep it as it is without unzipping.
    2. Download the windows version of step 2 onto the computer and extracting it there (in the computer)
    3. Connect the phone to the computer.

Now.. after that: should I drag the Schashi to the phone (where in the phone ??)
    4. Drag the bar file and dropping it into Schashi

That's what I understood... the only thing I am missing is whether to drag the Schashi to the phone and drag the bar to it.. or do this operation on the computer??

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    When you open Sachesi on your computer you should get a window kind of like this:

That's a list of every app on your phone there. Drag and drop the help bar file (also on your computer) onto that window, but make sure "Only install newer apps" is unchecked. Sachesi will install the older bar to your phone, overwriting the newer bar.
    02-19-16 11:24 AM
    Would like to thank you very much for your help and patience... will do it and get back here...

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 11:41 AM
    Trying to open Sachesi on the computer.. message popping out "The program cannot start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem...
    Kindly advise..

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 01:45 PM
    installed the .dll program and put it in the directory of Sachesi and run it...
    that's what i got..
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Help- Need to revert OS.-messege.png  
    02-19-16 02:21 PM
    sorry.. this is the message..
    02-19-16 02:25 PM
    tried to download .dll program from another source...

That's what i got when running Sachesi after putting the .dll in its directory..
    02-19-16 02:40 PM
    1) Get any outstanding Windows updates installed
    2) Install this, the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime: https://download.microsoft.com/downl...redist.x86.exe
    02-19-16 03:28 PM
    You gotta extract more than just the exe from the downloaded zip though
    There are dll's in there. Sacha specially included those dll's so people wouldn't have to go through the hassle of downloading additional content
    02-19-16 03:36 PM
    downloaded Microsoft visual C++
    got message "setup failed"

opened log file and took prntscreen.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Help- Need to revert OS.-setup-failed.png   BlackBerry Help- Need to revert OS.-log-file.png  
    02-19-16 04:19 PM
    Okay, too much voodoo there for me.

Try this other tool: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-tools-956835/
    02-19-16 04:28 PM
    Thanks for your efforts here... appreciated

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 04:44 PM