I have a BlackBerry Leap in which I, a couple of days ago, installed an app called Power Tools and the inspiration was Conite (the most helping guy to me since I came to crackberry) who suggested somebody downloading this app (i keep checking random threads on crackberry)
    It shows my battery health to be 90% (not capacity, it was 63% when I saw that) and I am pretty tense with that encounter since I have myself observed the misbehaving of my battery. Sometimes when I plug it into the charger with battery lest than 15% or 10%, it shows the estimated time more than 6 hours or 7 hours and gets charged too late than it used to.

Plus in BBVE, there's a green dot in front of the battery which is good but I guess it is still green due to my battery being at 90% and maybe when it degrades in the near future and falls below 90% then it will change to an alerting color (extra thoughts). However, it doesn't happen when I plug it into the charger with more than or equivalent to 30% battery but sometime maybe there will be a time when I won't have the charger with me or anything worse and I shall have to keep it for a good deal of time that may lead to it fall under 20 or 10%.

I am really afraid with the next happenings regarding my battery. However, the battery was never better though, BlackBerry Leap has a bad battery backup nor does it have NFC.

Could someone tell me how to solve this because BlackBerry care centres closed long ago, there's no option I can get a new battery for it and its perfect with-warranty installation? I don't want to give my BlackBerry to any random android noob. What do I do because these issues may become frequent later on.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-20 10:35 AM
    Solve it... you buy a new battery. But there is no guarantee that a new battery will even be 100%, as it's probably been sitting on a shelf somewhere for five years - which isn't really good for these types of batteries either.

I'd live with the 90% as it is, if it becomes and issue.... replace the battery (or the phone).
    05-13-20 10:47 AM
    The battery will still be decent at 80% or so. I wouldn't worry about it, yet anyway. You should still get a year or two out of it with reasonable battery care/use.
    05-13-20 10:59 AM
    My Z10 battery is at 53% health. BBVE indicates a yellow dot. That's on a 7 year old battery.

The battery in your Leap is at least 5 years old. I'd say 90% is pretty good still.

When did you get your phone?
    05-13-20 11:15 AM
    I have a BlackBerry Leap in which I, a couple of days ago, installed an app called Power Tools and the inspiration was Conite (the most helping guy to me since I came to crackberry) who suggested somebody downloading this app (i keep checking random threads on crackberry)
    It shows my battery health to be 90% (not capacity, it was 63% when I saw that) and I am pretty tense with that encounter since I have myself observed the misbehaving of my battery. Sometimes when I plug it into the charger with battery lest than 15% or 10%, it shows the estimated time more than 6 hours or 7 hours and gets charged too late than it used to.

Plus in BBVE, there's a green dot in front of the battery which is good but I guess it is still green due to my battery being at 90% and maybe when it degrades in the near future and falls below 90% then it will change to an alerting color (extra thoughts). However, it doesn't happen when I plug it into the charger with more than or equivalent to 30% battery but sometime maybe there will be a time when I won't have the charger with me or anything worse and I shall have to keep it for a good deal of time that may lead to it fall under 20 or 10%.

I am really afraid with the next happenings regarding my battery. However, the battery was never better though, BlackBerry Leap has a bad battery backup nor does it have NFC.

Could someone tell me how to solve this because BlackBerry care centres closed long ago, there's no option I can get a new battery for it and its perfect with-warranty installation? I don't want to give my BlackBerry to any random android noob. What do I do because these issues may become frequent later on.

Posted via CB10
    As others have said, I wouldn't worry about that. Plenty of life left.

If you really want to maximize the health of your Lithium Ion battery, try not to let it get below 25%. It doesn't hurt to top it up during the day when it's convenient.

Ultimately, it's best to keep it between 25% and 75% or so.

If you want to know more than you'd ever need to about this:

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/...ased_batteries
    05-13-20 11:18 AM
    Mine is 70% a month ago with 293 cycle counts on my leap. Sometimes it shows 69 % when using it while charging.then up to 70 when reboot . Ii try not to let it discharging down to 40. %.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-20 04:46 PM
    My Z10 battery is at 53% health. BBVE indicates a yellow dot. That's on a 7 year old battery.

The battery in your Leap is at least 5 years old. I'd say 90% is pretty good still.

When did you get your phone?
    Almost a year ago.....but the manufacturing is 2017.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-20 02:23 AM
    Almost a year ago.....but the manufacturing is 2017.

Posted via CB10
    The Leap hasn't been made since 2015, although it may have been packaged later.
    05-14-20 08:13 AM
    The Leap hasn't been made since 2015, although it may have been packaged later.
    Oh.....actually the box it was delivered with says the manufacturing to have been in 2017 that's why. I don't know maybe you are correct (as always)

Posted via CB10
    05-14-20 10:37 AM
    90% is pretty good given the age, my relatives have owned lots of iPhones that got below 80% and were replaced by Apple at a discount after a big lawsuit.
    05-14-20 04:03 PM
    If I don’t use my bb classic much it turns off and shows the red battery logo at 40% but bbve shows a green symbol beside my battery indicating good health. I’d just live with the 90% since it’s not that bad
    05-14-20 05:16 PM