I can't understand why BlackBerry has not released something. Z10 is almost gone from stores and BlackBerry has nothing to offer someone walking in other than maybe a Passport or Q10.

They need a new all touch yesterday. John Chen is going to loose me if nothing comes in the next 2-3 months.

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 is the latest all touch device, if you don't recall. Yes, there needs to be something new but it's coming next year. Fingers crossed something gets teased at MWC 2015 alongside the Visa/Victoria concept device.
    10-29-14 04:35 PM
    What I don't understand is why BlackBerry does not take an incremental approach to the devices either. As they finish selling a production run and run out, why not make small incremental improvements to the next run. Apple seems to do this with various versions of the same phone. That way they can at least continue to get slightly better processors in there, etc.

Also, if push came to shove, and they had to same money, why not just make a z30 plus - which has a better screen, the processor from the Passport, and the same mobile network band support?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 04:39 PM
    you are focusing on the consumer market.

The consumer market didn't go for the z10 at all and had a huge write down.

The consumer market didn't go for the z30 in large numbers.

Blackberry is not focusing on the consumer market at the moment..

That being said, I want a better phone then my z30.. I am also the bes admin/network admin/ manager of all out mobile devices and still prefer to go with bb.. but the z30 needs a replacement on par with the the passport i have.. I'm not a keyboard fan but and update z30 would be very well recieved.. Out of the last 4 friends to upgrade their personal devices, they all went with the z30.. but.. they have been on blackberry for a while now.
    If they had produced the Z10 at cautious inventory levels like they did with the Passport their wouldn't have been a write down. They sold a lot of Z10 devices, just not the 2 Million per month they were producing at launch, then scaled back to a Million per month. We know that there are now Millions of BlackBerry 10 devices sold, even prior to the Z3,what are the majority of those devices?

And I doubt that hardly any of the Passport devices sold so far are going into the Enterprise market or are connected to a BES, BlackBerry 's new target market.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Elite1 and Karben like this.
    10-29-14 06:22 PM
    I now want an all touch Passport sized device with a 1440 X 1920 display. Sorry but Z20 with minimal improvements over the Z10 would be a lame offering to Z10 owners. Only other thing that would interest me is a z30 sized device with 1080 X 1920 screen and improved SOC.
    ... I'd like to see them release a PKB and all touch about the same size and specs as the PKB at every launch. Passport and Passport Touch. Classic and Classic Touch. They have gone all in on PKB, and totally ignored the new base they created with the launch of the Z10.
    Lots of people on here seem excited at the prospect of a Passport all-touch, or that Visa concept, but I think anything like that and/or what you're suggesting would be a huge mistake. Introducing yet another unusual screen aspect ratio would be app suicide. This device would have even less apps available than Passport.

BBRY isn't at the place to produce two simultaneous novelty devices. The Passport is interesting. It grabs people's attention and makes them think about BlackBerry again, in some cases. But you can have too much of a good thing.

If there's an all-touch flagship coming, and I sincerely hope there is and SOON, then it should have the rumoured 1440x2560 display or at least 1080x1920. I'm starting to get antsy about my next phone, and even more antsy because I don't know if BB is going to make it or not. Really want a leaked roadmap right about now yesterday.

(And yes, I did just use the word "antsy" twice, er, three times now.)
    10-29-14 06:40 PM
    Lots of people on here seem excited at the prospect of a Passport all-touch, or that Visa concept, but I think anything like that and/or what you're suggesting would be a huge mistake. Introducing yet another unusual screen aspect ratio would be app suicide. This device would have even less apps available than Passport.

BBRY isn't at the place to produce two simultaneous novelty devices. The Passport is interesting. It grabs people's attention and makes them think about BlackBerry again, in some cases. But you can have too much of a good thing.

If there's an all-touch flagship coming, and I sincerely hope there is and SOON, then it should have the rumoured 1440x2560 display or at least 1080x1920. I'm starting to get antsy about my next phone, and even more antsy because I don't know if BB is going to make it or not. Really want a leaked roadmap right about now yesterday.

(And yes, I did just use the word "antsy" twice, er, three times now.)
    There are ways around the extra resolution to support. The Z10 is technically wider than the Z30, but they had devs just support the 720 and leave the 48 more pixels on the Z10 empty. With a 1440x1920 device, they could scale an app up to 1080x1920 and have bars like a movie, or give the ability to run two 720x1280 apps side by side with the VKB enabled. All of this would be done in software on the device itself, and not require devs to do anything. If the format took off, then devs could start writing apps to take full advantage of the screen.

If work wide is good for PKB, then it should be good for VKB too. Plus it would differentiate them from other slab offerings.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    10-29-14 08:33 PM
55 123