Update: I found the solution for this problem and posted in another post of this thread

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13040770

Hi all,

I've just received my KEYOne. I tried to install USB driver for the device to start copying file to the phone internal storage. I tried to install driver here

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608

and then restarted the laptop. When it come back, I plug in the supplied USB-C cable, and tried to set it to MTP/PTP in Developer mode. Windows keeps saying "Driver is unavailable" for BlackBerry. I can't find any other instruction on how to make it work. It's kind of annoying as I didn't have this issue with Priv before.
    Last edited by kinghai; 10-08-17 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Update resolution
    10-04-17 08:19 PM
    Hi all,

I've just received my KeyONE. I tried to install USB driver for the device to start copying file to the phone internal storage. I tried to install driver here

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608

and then restarted the laptop. When it come back, I plug in the supplied USB-C cable, and tried to set it to MTP/PTP in Developer mode. Windows keeps saying "Driver is unavailable" for BlackBerry. I can't find any other instruction on how to make it work. It's kind of annoying as I didn't have this issue with Priv before.
    All I had to do was plug device in, swipe down from the top and go into file transfer mode. No driver to download as windows automatically does that when plugged in. And where are you going into developer mode?
    10-04-17 08:28 PM
    All I had to do was plug device in, swipe down from the top and go into file transfer mode. No driver to download as windows automatically does that when plugged in. And where are you going into developer mode?
    I plugged it in, and Windows didn't recognize it, so I tried to install the BlackBerry USB Driver for Android.

When I plugged it in, the phone will show 3 options at the bottom, charge and data, charge only, and boost. I tried Charge and Data, then select MTP/PTP but didn't work. I tried again in Developers Mode, but still the same. I tried to swipe from the top, but couldn't see any settings for it. Could you please put a screenshot of it here?
    10-04-17 09:34 PM
    I plugged it in, and Windows didn't recognize it, so I tried to install the BlackBerry USB Driver for Android.

When I plugged it in, the phone will show 3 options at the bottom, charge and data, charge only, and boost. I tried Charge and Data, then select MTP/PTP but didn't work. I tried again in Developers Mode, but still the same. I tried to swipe from the top, but couldn't see any settings for it. Could you please put a screenshot of it here?
    I will check shortly and edit this post.
    10-04-17 09:35 PM

This is what I get when I click on charge and data. Then I just click on "transfer files" and it basically becomes a USB. Can open in it windows file Explorer and drag and drop files anywhere including SD card.
    Attached Thumbnails Windows 10 and BlackBerry KeyONE driver-45591.jpg  
    10-04-17 09:39 PM
    @ray689 Thank you for helping to check. Yes I could see it, when I plug the device, and tap on the "Charge & Data", I could see the options like in your screenshot. And yes, swipe down from the top will show a notification for "System UI", and tap that will show the "Charge & Data", "Charge Only", "Boost" again.

I tried to tap on "Charge & Data" to set the device to file transfer, the second option in your screenshot, but Windows still not able to recognize it

Not sure what was wrong with my Windows 10.
    10-04-17 09:47 PM
    @ray689 Thank you for helping to check. Yes I could see it, when I plug the device, and tap on the "Charge & Data", I could see the options like in your screenshot. And yes, swipe down from the top will show a notification for "System UI", and tap that will show the "Charge & Data", "Charge Only", "Boost" again.

I tried to tap on "Charge & Data" to set the device to file transfer, the second option in your screenshot, but Windows still not able to recognize it

Not sure what was wrong with my Windows 10.
    Hmm that's odd. Have you checked for updates in windows 10 maybe? Try that and maybe remove and try to re-install the driver?
    kinghai likes this.
    10-04-17 09:50 PM
    Hmm that's odd. Have you checked for updates in windows 10 maybe? Try that and maybe remove and try to re-install the driver?
    I did that too, still not working for me....

Windows said that it was unable to find driver for MTP device.

Not sure whether it has any conflicts with the previous BlackBerry Link and Driver for BB10. I used this laptop to manage the Passport before. I also tried to remove it and search for the MTP driver again, but still doesn't help.
    10-04-17 09:54 PM
    I did that too, still not working for me....

Windows said that it was unable to find driver for MTP device.

Not sure whether it has any conflicts with the previous BlackBerry Link and Driver for BB10. I used this laptop to manage the Passport before. I also tried to remove it and search for the MTP driver again, but still doesn't help.
    Did you remove all drivers and link previously?
    10-04-17 09:56 PM
    Did you remove all drivers and link previously?
    Not in the first time I plug the device in. I still had Link and BB10 drivers at that time. Windows didn't recognize the device, then tried to install Android driver, still not recognized. Then I uninstalled both, and install Android driver again, didn't work. I tried to update driver in Device Manager, but then it said couldn't find MTP driver. That's where I am now.
    10-04-17 10:00 PM
    Not in the first time I plug the device in. I still had Link and BB10 drivers at that time. Windows didn't recognize the device, then tried to install Android driver, still not recognized. Then I uninstalled both, and install Android driver again, didn't work. I tried to update driver in Device Manager, but then it said couldn't find MTP driver. That's where I am now.
    How did you uninstall link, blend and the drivers? Maybe go to the download link, download it and usually if it's still there, it will give you an option for a full uninstall.

https://us.blackberry.com/software/d...lackberry-link
    10-04-17 10:02 PM
    How did you uninstall link, blend and the drivers? Maybe go to the download link, download it and usually if it's still there, it will give you an option for a full uninstall.
    I uninstalled via Programs and Features. It should be the same though as it will call the MSI file to run the setup again, with uninstall option.
    10-04-17 10:05 PM
    I uninstalled via Programs and Features. It should be the same though as it will call the MSI file to run the setup again, with uninstall option.
    Yes I would think it's the same but who knows if the drivers didn't get removed or something. Grasping at straws here because I'm not sure what else could be causing this? Any firewalls maybe?
    10-04-17 10:07 PM
    I found the root cause of this: for some reasons, the MTP driver wasn't included in Windows 10. I'm using Windows 10 Pro N, and MTP package feature wasn't installed.

How to know if you don't have MTP package installed:
    1. Go to C:\Windows\INF
    2. Look for file "wdmtp.inf"

If there is a file, means that the package already installed. You should have no problem with using USB cable to access files and photos. Remember to change to "Charge & Data", select "Transfer files" to enable MTP mode.

If you don't see that file, chance is that your computer wasn't installed that package. You can install the individual update using the following link

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...OB-Package.msu

Once installed, restart your computer. Windows 10 should recognize your phone now. Repeat the step to enable MTP mode to see the internal storage and SD card.

I was using Priv on another laptop, using Windows 10 Pro and didn't notice this.
    10-08-17 09:11 PM