Doing a screen replacement and was curious. Thanks for the feedback!
    03-24-18 02:52 PM
    Assuming you turned the phone off first, it shouldn't
    03-24-18 04:20 PM
    Phone is still on actually and since my screen completely separated, I no longer have the ability to power it off (to my knowledge). Holding the power button only restarts, as many know. Am i missing something else? I would like to power it down. Not sure how long it will take to drain the battery completely, last I remember it was low 80's (18 hours ago at this point).
    03-24-18 05:51 PM
    You have all of my expertise in the previous post. Maybe some one with more knowledge will chime in.
    I'm guessing that any processes that are running could get corrupted with a sudden loss of power.
    03-24-18 07:05 PM
    Thanks. Can anyone else chime in? I'm planning to swap screens today (whenever the new one is delivered)
    03-25-18 10:11 AM
    Thanks. Can anyone else chime in? I'm planning to swap screens today (whenever the new one is delivered)
    There are built-in protections against a sudden loss of power - not infallible, but almost.
    Wezard likes this.
    03-25-18 10:19 AM
    There are built-in protections against a sudden loss of power - not infallible, but almost.
    Thanks. I think im most concerned about losing contacts (didn't back up all of them...sigh) and text messages. Other than that I can reinstall apps if need be, that isn't the end of the world.
    03-25-18 10:21 AM
    Thanks. I think im most concerned about losing contacts (didn't back up all of them...sigh) and text messages. Other than that I can reinstall apps if need be, that isn't the end of the world.
    Don't you have your contacts all sync'ed to the cloud? Gmail, outlook, etc?
    03-25-18 10:22 AM
    Don't you have your contacts all sync'ed to the cloud? Gmail, outlook, etc?
    That's a long story...but not all of them. The most important ones too (saved locally).
    03-25-18 10:36 AM
    You should be fine unless there's catastrophic data corruption. Your device won't automatically wipe itself from a "battery pull". Just like a PC, you may lose anything that wasn't previously saved when power is suddenly cut. Luckily, your contacts are saved unless you were actively inputting a contact at time of power loss. Then that one contact may be lost.

If your phone suffers a catastrophic data corruption, your device will boot loop and not return to Android. This is very unlikely from a battery pull, even on PC's, unless it was at a specific point in an update when the power loss occured.
    03-27-18 02:45 PM