I have my new KeyOne. The only issue that concerns me is this:

I cannot hear SMS notification sounds when the app is closed. I have tried Pulse, Textra, Messages, and now Yaata. I can hear the sounds when these apps are opened and I am actively texting, but when I close them I can hear nothing.

Nothing is on silent or muted. The tones. Are in the device memory. No, ALL of those SMS apps are not currently installed on my device. The only ones on there are Yaata and Messages. I have tried uninstalling one or the other to see if that was the problem.

I can hear all other alerts and notifications. The SMS alerts and notifications are the ones I cannot hear. The chat head works also, just no sound.

Please help...
    Thank you.

Peace...
    06-10-17 07:49 PM
    I'm using yaata and I get the sounds when the apps closed. I actually don't leave any apps open once I'm done. I'm sure you set up the sound in the app itself correct?
    06-11-17 12:40 AM
    If you go to settings>notifications check to make sure your messages notifications aren't blocked.
    06-11-17 09:02 PM
    I've noticed you asking this in many places, have you did what I suggested? Because you sound like you've exhausted all avenues, I think my recommendation would be your best route now even though it requires a little more work...

That is to do a factory reset, and the FIRST thing you do is install Yaata or Textra, and try out the notification thing. If it works then, THEN start setting up your phone, but test it out everytime you make any change. Like install an app, test it, change a setting, test it. Do this and if it never goes away, good, but if it goes silent again, you'll know it's the last thing you did before it went silent that's causing the issue...
    06-14-17 05:40 PM