I would say "touch". Since my phone equipped with fingerprint sensor, so I simply touch it to bring me to my app drawer. If you want to access your task view (opened app) just touch multitasking button (every android born with). No need to swipping up and down. Just touch..
    05-12-17 11:25 PM
    I would say "touch". Since my phone equipped with fingerprint sensor, so I simply touch it to bring me to my app drawer. If you want to access your task view (opened app) just touch multitasking button (every android born with). No need to swipping up and down. Just touch..
    Swipe gestures can be accessed without minimising apps which make them at least twice as fast. And using swipe gesture shortcuts prevents your most important apps/shortcuts from getting mixed up with irrelevant apps.
    05-13-17 12:36 AM
    The swipe shortcuts would be in ADDITION to the things you're talking about, not in place of them. So how is having more somehow worse? I'm confused...
    05-13-17 01:20 AM
    Swipe gestures can be accessed without minimising apps which make them at least twice as fast. And using swipe gesture shortcuts prevents your most important apps/shortcuts from getting mixed up with irrelevant apps.
    The swipe shortcuts would be in ADDITION to the things you're talking about, not in place of them. So how is having more somehow worse? I'm confused...
    Yeah, practically you can use more customization​ in your android to replace BB10 swipe feature with similar or more functionality feature that fit your need. My phone can lock app in the taskview, I personally just lock the hub in there. So everytime I multitask hub is just there. So I don't need any 3rd party app.
    05-13-17 04:38 AM
    Swipepad is a good alternative, it isn't as fast as BlackBerry droid gestures but it does allow for quick access to more than 3 apps and still works from within any app or the recent apps screen. Am really liking it so far. I'm using It to access semi popular apps that dont fit on the homescreen or into my list of keyboard shortcuts. Doesn't really help my idea of adding swipe shortcuts to the three main pages of our workplace app but I have found this app useful and will probably keep it if the BlackBerry swipe gestures return (can be accessed from the side) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ipepad.android
    Attached Thumbnails What are the swipe up  alternatives?-9967.jpg  
    05-16-17 08:28 PM
    Swipepad is a good alternative, it isn't as fast as BlackBerry droid gestures but it does allow for quick access to more than 3 apps and still works from within any app or the recent apps screen. Am really liking it so far. I'm using It to access semi popular apps that dont fit on the homescreen or into my list of keyboard shortcuts. Doesn't really help my idea of adding swipe shortcuts to the three main pages of our workplace app but I have found this app useful and will probably keep it if the BlackBerry swipe gestures return (can be accessed from the side) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ipepad.android
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and while it is decent, I feel the swipe up shortcuts are far superior.
    05-17-17 04:28 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and while it is decent, I feel the swipe up shortcuts are far superior.
    Yep. I want the swipe gestures back. Bad. But i'd certainly keep this app to access less popular apps from the bottom right of the screen.
    05-17-17 05:59 PM
    This thread makes my head hurt. Waiting for Black Friday sale is sounding better and better.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    05-18-17 08:53 PM
    I've been using my setup for a few days now as my everyday device. Overall it works with a few annoyances. Which is why I'd rather have it baked in to the OS. Come on BlackBerry, do a long press HOME for swipe up targets!

A few notables:

-Pie Control PRO is needed for bottom edge detection. FREE will only get you top, sides, and corners. I paid for mine.

-Screen overlay prompts are annoying. The Pie Control and other apps like it will want to draw over other apps and when you install a new app or use an apps feature for the first time, you are forced to disable the Pie Control's "Draw over other apps" permission. Eventually you'll use all your apps features at least once to overcome this annoying situation. Basically you have to disable Pie Control, set the permission for the new app, then enable Pie Control again.

[deleted stuff irrelevant to response]

-Pie Control edge detection does not work when a VKB is present. If you set this on the bottom edge, you'll have to work around this by closing the VKB or just nav home. Minor inconvenience.
    After a few more weeks of using this, I'm not really missing my Priv.

The screen overlay issue seems to be solved with this workaround

Basically installing an app called "Install Button Unlocker", FREE. has gotten rid of all the Overlay permission blocks Pie Control causes on new apps.

Also the edge detection with a VKB seems to be inconsistant. So it's not ALWAYS non-functional with a VKB. I use Swype+Dragon (paid).

Hopefully this will work well with the K1 until BlackBerry gets the Swipe Up Targets working somehow.
    05-19-17 04:10 PM
    After a few more weeks of using this, I'm not really missing my Priv.

The screen overlay issue seems to be solved with this workaround

Basically installing an app called "Install Button Unlocker", FREE. has gotten rid of all the Overlay permission blocks Pie Control causes on new apps.

Also the edge detection with a VKB seems to be inconsistant. So it's not ALWAYS non-functional with a VKB. I use Swype+Dragon (paid).

Hopefully this will work well with the K1 until BlackBerry gets the Swipe Up Targets working somehow.
    Thanks for the update. Definitely going to try the things you have mentioned when I get the KEYone.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-23-17 04:21 PM
    Bad news.

For some reason the KeyOne can't be set up like my other Android with off screen capacitive keys. That's the zmax pro I've been using to set up my work around for the the swipe up targets.

On the zmax, I'd use the buttons remapper app to disable the Home key. Use double tap or long press Home for home. This allowed me to make an edge swipe up right above the home key which triggers the pie control targets.

This works great on the zmax but on the KeyOne, the edge detect isn't detected. I'd pretty much to touch the exact black spot between the home circle and the start of the screen. Way too precise for fast everyday use.

More research upcoming.
    06-01-17 04:18 AM
    Bad news.

For some reason the KeyOne can't be set up like my other Android with off screen capacitive keys. That's the zmax pro I've been using to set up my work around for the the swipe up targets.

On the zmax, I'd use the buttons remapper app to disable the Home key. Use double tap or long press Home for home. This allowed me to make an edge swipe up right above the home key which triggers the pie control targets.

This works great on the zmax but on the KeyOne, the edge detect isn't detected. I'd pretty much to touch the exact black spot between the home circle and the start of the screen. Way too precise for fast everyday use.

More research upcoming.
    Thanks for trying.
    06-01-17 03:57 PM
    If you don't get any response from going up the middle, hit it from the sides.

Corner edge swipes.
    Here's what I'll have to settle for:
    What are the swipe up  alternatives?-screenshot_20170602-021129.jpg
    slagman5 likes this.
    06-02-17 09:04 AM
    If you don't get any response from going up the middle, hit it from the sides.

Corner edge swipes.
    Here's what I'll have to settle for:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170602-021129.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	424396
    Thanks so much for keeping us updated. The corner swiping is not too bad, I'll definitely be trying all different combinations to see what works best. Thanks again.
    06-02-17 10:44 AM
    How did you guys hide the softkeys on the k1?
    06-02-17 11:30 AM
    How did you guys hide the softkeys on the k1?
    You don't. The K1 doesn't have softkeys.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-02-17 12:02 PM
    Does the corner swiping only work from the home screen?
    06-08-17 05:32 AM
    Does the corner swiping only work from the home screen?
    Works from within any app.

Only problem is that IF you use it from the HOME screen, there's a 2 second lag on launching the app. This is the same with every one of these types of apps I've tried such as OmniSwipe and SwitchR. Something to do with the home launcher needing focus or something.
    06-08-17 05:07 PM
    You might have noticed that if you use the swipe up shortcuts from the HOME screen, there is a lag in launching the app. Whereas if say you were within the Camera app and swiped up to launch one of your set apps, it's very fast.

As a side effect of me doing my trick to get keyboard shortcuts with a custom launcher, the swipe up targets now lauch at full speed from my "faux home" screen. Since my "faux home" is actually now just an app.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12931788

Obvisously if you ACTUALLY use the BlackBerry launcher as your system default HOME, then this doesn't apply.
    06-20-17 04:39 AM
    Been using Pie Control for a while, didn't bother paying for it to have bottom swiping, just been using free to swipe from the bottom right corner and really liking it. Definitely going to keep this system. No issues so far.
    06-23-17 02:15 PM
    Works from within any app.

Only problem is that IF you use it from the HOME screen, there's a 2 second lag on launching the app. This is the same with every one of these types of apps I've tried such as OmniSwipe and SwitchR. Something to do with the home launcher needing focus or something.
    Yep, noticed that too. But oh well, it still works very well.
    06-23-17 02:16 PM
    Using Buttons Remapper, I remapped the HOME KEY to directly launch my launcher as an app. Now, Pie Control shortcuts from "home" launches fast without the delay described.What are the swipe up  alternatives?-screenshot_20170725-092048.jpg
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-25-17 11:24 AM
97 ... 234