Hi Everyone,

I'm posting this because I'd like to hear from anyone that has had to send their device to the Service Center for repair. I'd like to know what your experience was like, especially as it pertains to the updates you did or didn't receive from BlackBerry Mobile.

I submitted my KeyOne on March 20th and haven't heard a thing. I called yesterday and they said it still falls within the 12 business days window so they don't really have to update me yet.

I saw from FedEx my phone was delivered on March 27th at roughly 12pm. In the Service Center repair site BlackBerry Mobile hasn't received it. Or they haven't updated their system.

Is this normal? What has your experience been?
    04-03-18 12:21 PM
    There's a few, as we've seen, that didn't hear anything for a month then suddenly received a tracking number in their e-mail.

Personally, I had initiated a warranty replacement in July 2017, but didn't follow through with it. This was when the "fixed" K1's wouldn't be available until mid-August. I didn't want to wait over a month, so I returned my device to Amazon for a full refund. Amazon couldn't replace it since TCL had requested all K1 stock be pulled and returned for repair/replacement at the time.

BBM customer service was very... persistent. They kept calling and e-mailing. I had at least a dozen different claim numbers by the end of it. I didn't even know they were calling me, because they were calling from a number in Mexico. I don't answer calls from outside my home country, USA. They also wanted me to send it to some place in Canada. Very strange to get a call from Mexico asking me to send my phone to Canada. I was still receiving e-mails and calls months after I told them that I no longer have the device. I ended up blocking their number and adding their e-mail to my spam list.
    04-03-18 03:00 PM
    I had my phone replaced due to screen lift issue and had a great experience, they communicated with me via email promptly . I received the replacement device and then I shipped the malfunctioning one. It was a very easy and painless experience for me.
    In addition i can add that customer service was very helpful as months later they where able to provide me a letter that proved the device was replaced under manufacturers warranty that my 3rd party insurance requested to transfer the policy.
    Last edited by hec666; 04-03-18 at 03:33 PM. Reason: error
    04-03-18 03:32 PM
    It sounds like you both had a decent experience. After it being delivered a week ago, it still doesn't show in their system. I am worried they lost it or haven't even looked at it yet.
    04-03-18 03:50 PM
    It sounds like you both had a decent experience. After it being delivered a week ago, it still doesn't show in their system. I am worried they lost it or haven't even looked at it yet.
    I personally would not find having to wait 12 days till they acknowledge a return very good customer service. Are they that swamped? I would guess that they should have some tracking number associated with a Case number associated with your email but maybe not.
    04-03-18 06:27 PM
    I personally would not find having to wait 12 days till they acknowledge a return very good customer service. Are they that swamped? I would guess that they should have some tracking number associated with a Case number associated with your email but maybe not.
    I think it's terrible customer service. I was wondering if it was just me. Tomorrow is the 12th business day. I'm calling and someone is going to tell me where my phone is.
    04-03-18 06:30 PM
    Just got off of the phone with them again. Apparently there is now a 7 business day window from when it's dropped off from FedEx. That 7th day is today/tomorrow depending on if the actual day it's dropped off counts.

I am so furious that no one knows where my phone is. They don't show in their system at all. I see what they see on the BlackBerry support site which is scary af. Nobody knows where my phone is.

They *think* it's going to show up in the system tomorrow. I don't believe it. I think it's lost. It's 2018 and they don't have internal tracking?

I'm rethinking the Instagram feed I have and the website I'm building dedicated to pics I've taken with my BlackBerry devices and starting over.
    And they don't even care. Nobody over there cares.
    04-04-18 03:22 PM
    They are sending me a new phone. I have a tracking number and will be back in Black by the 10th!
    04-07-18 09:15 AM
    They are sending me a new phone. I have a tracking number and will be back in Black by the 10th!
    That was a really quick turn-around, all things considered.
    04-07-18 11:53 AM
    I'm guessing a "new" refurb as that's what I was told personally by two different BB warranty agents. The likelihood of receiving a brand-new, non-refurbished device as a warranty replacement is slim to none as stated by both of them.
    04-07-18 12:54 PM
    That was a really quick turn-around, all things considered.
    All things considered, I'd say yeah. If only they would have communicated better, I'd be ecstatic.
    04-07-18 01:09 PM
    I'm guessing a "new" refurb as that's what I was told personally by two different BB warranty agents. The likelihood of receiving a brand-new, non-refurbished device as a warranty replacement is slim to none as stated by both of them.
    They did not say refurbished. However, I didn't specifically ask. I guess I'll have to check when it comes.
    04-07-18 01:10 PM
    it will be refurbished, and my replacement device has major issues, worse than the unit I sent to them, were the screen was a simple fix. i am working on the 2nd replacement device to be new.
    04-23-18 12:14 AM
    I found there customer services people themselves reasonable when I had to return mine due to the screen-lift problem - but there was a problem with the courier that caused me some inconvenience and difficulty, and they could have handled that better.

I am in ongoing (long drawn-out) communication with them at present regarding other problems with the KeyOne, which are less easily dealt with. While they are reasonably good at responding to e-mails, at the end of the day I'm considering entirely rejecting the phone as it has so many faults and shortcomings.
    04-24-18 02:58 AM
    so a quick update, they are sending me another device, but only after i contacted someone at Blackberry., not the service center.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-26-18 12:25 AM