I want to put calender appointments etc in my phone whilst driving without touching the phone (UK law), with the screen off, but not locked, it won't bring the screen to life, it's not my voice as it works in the normal screen, any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Waking up ok google when driving-4424.jpg  
    05-10-17 02:45 AM
    As a test try using it with your Bluetooth off !
    05-11-17 11:58 AM
    In my opinion, the BlackBerry Android devices are configured in a way that prevents OK Google from working with the screen off. It doesn't work with my Priv and there are a couple of threads about this.
    05-12-17 12:44 PM
    It seems to work and then not work on my priv until I go into settings and turn in back on again. Not sure if it turns itself off after each update. I havent used the keyone at work yet as i'm on holidays. But my trick was to tweak the settings to keep the display on as long as possible (unless I press the power button), ok google works while navigation is on also, and navigation keeps the phone awake.

Assigning the convenience key for google can fix that also.
    05-12-17 07:13 PM
    Wait a second. Try:

Settings, security, smartlock.
    Attached Thumbnails Waking up ok google when driving-8385.jpg  
    05-12-17 07:14 PM
    Wait a second. Try:

Settings, security, smartlock.
    That has nothing to do with the issue. That's just keeps the phone unlocked in different circumstances. The problem is when the screen is off, saying OK Google does not wake the device. Doesn't matter if it is unlocked.
    05-12-17 09:26 PM
    Sadly I don't think it will work as I want it as yet, many thanks anyway.
    05-13-17 12:58 AM
    If your phone is CHARGING and you have smartlocked enabled you can wake up ok Google while driving.

The only problem is that assistant does not always respond vocally. For this reason my phone is on a cradle so I can see the screen and all i do is say "set meeting with Joe June 2nd at noon". As soon as I see the event on my screen I say save and the event is created.

Also, if you set up Bluetooth so that phone is also a media player then you will hear the Assistant through your speakers (that's when she is in the mood to actually talk)
    Last edited by EvEr34; 05-13-17 at 05:47 PM.
    05-13-17 09:49 AM
    If your phone is CHARGING and you have smartlocked enabled you can wake up ok Google while driving.

The only problem is that assistant does not always respond with voice. My phone is on a cradle so I can see the screen and I just say "set meeting with Joe June 2nd at noon". As soon as I see that event on my screen I say save and the event is created.

Also, if you set up Bluetooth so that phone is also a media player that you will here the Assistant through your speakers (that's when she is in the mood to actually talk)
    I'll have to try charging with SmartLock. I do have it set up with Bluetooth.
    05-13-17 09:56 AM
    I'll have to try charging with SmartLock. I do have it set up with Bluetooth.
    Give it a shot it will work
    05-13-17 10:11 AM
    Give it a shot it will work
    Well I tried it. It does work. But she didn't want to talk to me today.
    05-13-17 02:05 PM
    Well I tried it. It does work. But she didn't want to talk to me today.
    There as been an issue with assistant since Nougat. Hopefully they are working on a fix.
    05-13-17 02:22 PM
    There as been an issue with assistant since Nougat. Hopefully they are working on a fix.
    Yes I've been reading that, but, I'm still on Marshmallow on my Verizon Priv.
    05-13-17 04:06 PM