When i first got my KEYone 2 weeks I transferred some files via charging cable and PC. I did it again today and realized, since the initial excitement is gone, that when i plug my phone up to my computer there is no password to enter, like with BB10 / OS7 devices. I'm extremely new to Android but it appears that if someone were to take ur phone they could just plug it up to their computer and copy / view files from our phone? Is that correct? There's no way to prevent someone from being able to see files on ur device per password? I'm not an expert on encryption but i hear that word throw around alot and im not sure how that works on Android.

Thanks for any insight
    06-07-17 07:44 PM
    Password or PIN your BlackBerry KEYone and encrypt the microSD card if you really want security. Remember if someone has physical access to your smartphone the mircoSD card can be removed so encrypt it.
    06-07-17 08:19 PM
    Your phone will only let a computer access it's files via USB if the phone is unlocked at the time. Likely you had used the phone just before you connected to the computer, and it was still unlocked.
    06-07-17 08:33 PM
    As Qwerty4ever mentioned, the SD card can be removed from the device.
    If you don't want people accessing the files on the SD card, you need to format it as adoptable storage. That will encrypt the contents.
    06-07-17 08:36 PM
    Your phone will only let a computer access it's files via USB if the phone is unlocked at the time. Likely you had used the phone just before you connected to the computer, and it was still unlocked.
    Right. And I completely remember doin that when I first got it. Disregard the thread completely, lol. Thanks for the reminder ;-)

Also I do have my SD card formatted as adoptable storage. So looks like I'm all set
    06-08-17 07:17 AM